Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by notforyou View Post
    yes but they do have decent pvp which is more than can be said of ddo
    You have made an excellent point!

You should go play guild wars.

evil alignments could actually work in the game especially as a pvp tool but we need to work on one thing at a time and right now is balanced pvp
    No.

Not now.

Not ever.

There is no reason to waste resources on a very very minor aspect of DDO's population, when other issues are still present for a very very major aspect of DDO's population.

3. 02-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy1guy View Post
    You have made an excellent point!

You should go play guild wars.
    waiting for GW2 but thats not til this fall

evil alignments could actually work in the game especially as a pvp tool but we need to work on one thing at a time and right now is balanced pvp
    /Facepalm
    BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    A r n y a - T o r c h e - S l i m m - D e b t - E p o x y - R e t r o g r a d e - P i n e t r e e
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

or heres an idea: like guild wars pvp make some abilities/spells adjusted to pvp when u enter a pvp area. doesnt gimp the pve aspect of the game and it will balance the pvp so every1 is happy. but once again turbine is lazy and u wont see it happen
    No, everyone is not happy.

Good!

No

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    It's not laziness. Where is the profit to be derived from spending development time on PvP?

Laziness is not being able to type out the word "one" or "you".

^^This.

7. 02-07-2011, 01:07 PM

Community Member

Its true ill grant you that , but they are very lazy still as they just dont seem to bother developing any PvE content , its almost like the devs there are only concentrating on PvP .

Bottom line.

Games designed for PVP from the ground up are much better PVP games than games that were meant to be PVE games that slip a little bit of PVP into each update until they get it right, which is historically been never.

Even designed from the ground up PVP games arent even well balanced in most cases. Theres usually that class that can easily kill everyone, and that class that sucks for PVP. I remember playing WOW when paladins couldnt be stopped in PVP. One nerf and a bunch of updates later, and they suck at one on one combat. If youre in a 2v2 PVP game and one person from each team dies and its the paladin -vs- (insert other class here) I got my platinum on the other class, unless they player is completely inept at "actions per minute" combat.

On the EQ zek servers, the casters > everyone else in PVP (surprise surprise, heh) hope you liked being fear kited by necromancers if you played PVP there. My bard could get out of being killed by Mezing > running, but it couldnt kill anything.

DDO is already well beyond the point where any reasonable adjustment could be made to the game to make it PVP balanced. Imagine rogues being able to kill someone in the tavern. Yeap, thats what I thought.

Go play (insert PVP game here).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

waiting for GW2 but thats not til this fall
    Wow that is super lazy , what are there lazy devs doing until then . Sunning themselves on the beech no doubt .

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I do not want them to make any attempt to change the game to balance PvP.

That does not mean that they cannot imporve PvP in other ways though.

For one thing, anything that works in game somewhere else against monsters, should be abe to be used in PvP against players.

Stealth for one.

They could also improve the PvP arenas to get more benefit from terrain.
    While I don't see the point in a cage match, it would be fun to have areas to ry to outsmart other players in.

Wide open areas and closed areas allow ranged to work better or worse.
    Also effect spells...since more spells have both range and direction required. Or you could set traps....

IMO, improve arenas, and make more stuff usable in PvP. Byu adding more variety, you shift the value towards player tactics and skill and away from pure class abilities.

if all you want from PvP is to blast someone else while you remain invulnerable to their attacks, I think you are playing the wrong game.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

this proved a point he told me after is said i was going to post up his points

nearly everyone would deny it becuase its pvp

now adding a effect that scaled the spells and stuff would be great and pvp has gotten i belive 0 minutes since it was relesed(with the desert pack i think) now i dont mean to insult anyone with this but updating pvp will take dev time true but it wont ruin the game it wont crash it we arent asking the game be reworked to a pvp game just a little time on it dont knock pvp becuase its not good atm or becuase its pvp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12