Community Member

Default Saftey Deposit Box

I have a friend who plays premium and doesn't want to buy the shared bank for his characters but always complains about the price of mailing items. So, obviously he wants a shared bank, but feels that the price for it is unjustified. I believe he's spent about 60 dollars on the game, so it's not as if he isn't willing to contribute (and I'm not him, but pretending to be a friend of his).

I had an idea a while back for a 4-5 slot bank designed for players who really just want to swap items. It would cost 1/2 as much as the 20 slot bank and each of the other banks would stack on it, if a player later decided to enlarge their bank.

The advantage to Turbine would be that a player who gets the limited bank may end up desiring a larger one, perhaps spending more money than if they'd taken the 20 slot bank from the start.

The disadvantage, obviously, is that there might be a significant number of players who would just buy the small one, for exactly the reasons that my friend might, and never feel the need for a larger bank. Turbine may consider that some of these might have spent more for the big bank, if the little one never existed (as it currently does not).

The shared bank is worth every penny, in my opinion. If your friend has spent $60 on the game, and not picked that up yet - I'd say he has spent unwisely.

I also don't see the need for a lesser version of the bank in the form of this Deposit Box... but that's just me. If he wants the convenience of easier item transfers, then invest in the Shared Bank. If not... that's why we have the mail.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

I was like your friend for a while. Shared bank cost to much for the initial 20 spaces. Then I went sub for a month to get access to my lock out characters it also gave me a chance to use the shared bank. Once my one month sub was finished and I lost access of the shared bank for a week, I caved as it made moving items way easier and faster. It was worth the cost at the end epically if you can get the initial 20 slots and upgrades on sale.

Once you go shared bank your wounder how you went with out it.
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

/Agree with those above. Worth every penny. Even more so if one had caught it during a 50% sale.

Advise having them invest in the standard 20 slot shared bank - waiting for a sale, if need be.

-Owner of 50-slot shared bank which is nearly always over half full.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Loving the 60 slot shared bank here.

That said, i don't think turbine will ever add 'minor' versions of any feature.
    There's a lot of simplification on the game and that's not evil.

The only change I could see Turbine doing was lowering the first bank purchase to 5 slots and making people pay more for the same 20+ slots. You would just buy them at 5 slots per transaction.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

60 slots here.
    Unrepenting altoholic.
    Shared bank is the feature I miss most on my backup account.

Would a mini-shared bank at a discount be an interesting option for me?
    Yes.
    To be fair, I'd rather have unlimited storage space, and call it a day.
    But in a way, paying for slots is quite realistic.
    I don't know if we'll ever get either options, ever.
    * Live by the Pencil - My D&D-related Art * <-> * Focus Orb Paperbag - My Workaround for Helves *

Quote Originally Posted by infinidibulum View Post
    I have a friend who plays premium and doesn't want to buy the shared bank for his characters but always complains about the price of mailing items. So, obviously he wants a shared bank, but feels that the price for it is unjustified.
    The shared bank is well worth the price for anyone that plays alts. Instead of losing money in the mail, you make a profit sending your junk to your hagglebot for it to vendor.

60 slots here as well and usually full to capacity. What i would like to see is the bank being more of a bank instead of a storage unit, in other words i'd like to put coin into a shared access so i can easily transfer money from one alt to another.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmetria View Post
    The shared bank is well worth the price for anyone that plays alts. Instead of losing money in the mail, you make a profit sending your junk to your hagglebot for it to vendor.
    Well... admittedly fictional money vs actual money.
    The line between the above isn't as fine for everybody...

EDIT:

And /signed on the idea of adding a money vault.
    Last edited by Alabore; 02-08-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: ...
    * Live by the Pencil - My D&D-related Art * <-> * Focus Orb Paperbag - My Workaround for Helves *

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claransa View Post
    60 slots here as well and usually full to capacity. What i would like to see is the bank being more of a bank instead of a storage unit, in other words i'd like to put coin into a shared access so i can easily transfer money from one alt to another.

What do you think?
    Absolutely, that is my biggest gripe. It would be great if I could share the gold between chars too via the "bank"