Thread: vip offer

Default vip offer

so.. loading screen has that 9.99/month vip offer, with following text:

the big question is, where is my free favored soul? they say all classes (with terms and conditions applying) and while saying somewhere that no, you wont get all classes would be well.. harsh, they've not done so. at least as far as terms/conditions on paying for vip go.

of course, this doesn't quite belong in here since it's all about account options and not store items but... it's store related, kind of, with fvs still being sold when i should have it and don't.

You unlock it at 2500 favor.
    Ultimega - Ultimegus - Uggolla - Intell

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by little_me View Post
    so.. loading screen has that 9.99/month vip offer, with following text:

the big question is, where is my free favored soul? they say all classes (with terms and conditions applying) and while saying somewhere that no, you wont get all classes would be well.. harsh, they've not done so. at least as far as terms/conditions on paying for vip go.

of course, this doesn't quite belong in here since it's all about account options and not store items but... it's store related, kind of, with fvs still being sold when i should have it and don't.
    It says terms and conditions apply. You could read them and probably learn that the additional class you get is monk and the additional races are WF, horc, and helf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    It says terms and conditions apply. You could read them and probably learn that the additional class you get is monk and the additional races are WF, horc, and helf.
    Aww... but then there wouldn't be anything to complain about, and where's the fun in that anyway?

Definitive Guide to Bravery Bonuses You've got questions? We've got answers... and bacon.

yes, noticed that also after looking through the news post about same matter.

fact still stands though, terms and conditions do NOT list that you wont get all classes.

also, if you read the note...

**The Drow race and Favoured Soul class are available to VIPs through game-play or through purchase at the DDO Store. Once acquired through game-play, the race or class is available for any new character or true reincarnated character on the same server.

it hints that they are available ONLY to VIPs. (or otherwise they should say, everyone.)

just a bad wording, i guess or that i want to complain about something. probably the latter.

edit:

the facts of "All" are contained well.
    either you have to go to www.ddo.com and wait for that vip offer to go by, and click it. (yes, it is classified as news after clicking, looking at NEWS doesn't list it though)
    OR
    go and compare vip and other subscription choices.

then, you learn that "all" is not all.

however, if you go through the lazy route, like going free, trying game, seeing the offer on login... (it goes by quick though) and go to http://myaccount.turbine.com/ to get it.
    nowhere in there, where the offer is subscribed to, is it said that "all" means "almost all" which as far as i understand, generally means that "all" equals all, since the terms and conditions shown when subscribing to it do not list said class/race choices as out of bounds.

since for non-turbine veteran, who knows information is hidden well, one would suppose that terms/conditions listed when subscribing to VIP would be the ones to stick to (even though they mention no races/classes) as noted in the offer screen.

out here, legal clauses and limitations and all are ALWAYS presented when signing for something, i don't know why. and those include things you are entitled to and not entitled to. (also understandable as "what you get for paying us")

of course, i'm not a lawyer so i'm likely wrong.
    Last edited by little_me; 02-06-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Community Member

yes, noticed that also after looking through the news post about same matter.

fact still stands though, terms and conditions do NOT list that you wont get all classes.

also, if you read the note...

**The Drow race and Favoured Soul class are available to VIPs through game-play or through purchase at the DDO Store. Once acquired through game-play, the race or class is available for any new character or true reincarnated character on the same server.

it hints that they are available ONLY to VIPs. (or otherwise they should say, everyone.)

just a bad wording, i guess or that i want to complain about something. probably the latter.

edit:

the facts of "All" are contained well.
    either you have to go to www.ddo.com and wait for that vip offer to go by, and click it. (yes, it is classified as news after clicking, looking at NEWS doesn't list it though)
    OR
    go and compare vip and other subscription choices.

then, you learn that "all" is not all.

however, if you go through the lazy route, like going free, trying game, seeing the offer on login... (it goes by quick though) and go to http://myaccount.turbine.com/ to get it.
    nowhere in there, where the offer is subscribed to, is it said that "all" means "almost all" which as far as i understand, generally means that "all" equals all, since the terms and conditions shown when subscribing to it do not list said class/race choices as out of bounds.

since for non-turbine veteran, who knows information is hidden well, one would suppose that terms/conditions listed when subscribing to VIP would be the ones to stick to (even though they mention no races/classes) as noted in the offer screen.

out here, legal clauses and limitations and all are ALWAYS presented when signing for something, i don't know why. and those include things you are entitled to and not entitled to. (also understandable as "what you get for paying us")

I don't see how that could be anymore clearer. Yes, favored soul/drow are available to anyone if they can unlock it via favor or buy from store but the page was about VIPs so the info is pertaining to VIPs. It wasn't about everyone.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

i want to complain about something.
    Yes, you have it now

Well there you go, at least you got it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by dcp101 View Post
    I don't see how that could be anymore clearer. Yes, favored soul/drow are available to anyone if they can unlock it via favor or buy from store but the page was about VIPs so the info is pertaining to VIPs. It wasn't about everyone.
    you mean, more unclear, they point you to myaccount.turbine.com on that offer. if you go there, you can NOT see that it doesn't contain all classes. you can read terms and conditions there all you want. (and screenshot of the offer says it's referred to in those terms/conditions)

so, in essence, they are withholding information.

the page they refer you to, does not tell you anywhere what classes you get and what not. (well, like many other offers) so things should be made clearer or just plainly.. honest.

why not simply say, "almost all classes/races" instead of all? or put link to free/premium/vip comparison page in myaccount page? where one could see what belongs where? (and thus, avoid payments made while believing that you'd get favored soul and all. not that that applies to me)

no, i don't need favored soul, i'm just picking on things since it caught in my eye. and things in eyes sting, they are not comfortable.

they might want to update the terms/conditions also, they predate free to play.

Bait and switch, it's a poor tactic. But even the store doesn't give the customer all the relivant details before purchase. At least you can see the Term and Conditions in their post, unlike the store which screws you.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue