Default Summons go Crazy

Hey, we were messing around in the arena the other day, was kinda fun;

But whenever they would summon a pet, particularly the orthon; the thing was friggen invincible and it couldnt be selected to attack it. I mean, literally, any spell i threw at it went through it and did no damage to the thing.

What is even more weird, is that once the thing killed me, which was embarrassingly inevitable, the thing went to attack them; even tho they are the ones that summoned the stupid thing.

So yea, I'm going to get a rematch, and no pets next time; but what was that about eh? :P

Quote Originally Posted by anto_capone View Post
    Hey, we were messing around in the arena the other day, was kinda fun;

But whenever they would summon a pet, particularly the orthon; the thing was friggen invincible and it couldnt be selected to attack it. I mean, literally, any spell i threw at it went through it and did no damage to the thing.

What is even more weird, is that once the thing killed me, which was embarrassingly inevitable, the thing went to attack them; even tho they are the ones that summoned the stupid thing.

So yea, I'm going to get a rematch, and no pets next time; but what was that about eh? :P

Good time!
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

You discovered a glitch!

Dude....

I may have to use that in the next guild pvp event.

I noticed this 3.5 years ago. Funny it still hasn't been fixed!

same, i just summon something to pop it and equip some guards, which do hurt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissyl View Post
    Because weapons are OP!
    My Builds: Tempest Kensai of Zen

Question

Does it save somehow? Saw this glitch happen before, wondering if its just pvp or sometimes in quests... ?

Oh no! Don't let H4X know this! He will retrurn!!!

Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

Just make sure you recall out first...all the summons stay behind when the combat ends, and they attack everything that moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.

Its always been like that. Some of my favorite PvP moments are watching a group of level 20 Barbs running away from my Rangers CR4 Young Razor Cat as it had made a habit of tripping them. Of course they died, climbed a box and then I was the one running.

Next on my list of awesome PvP moments was watching someones summoned Air Elemental knock them over a few seconds after casting and dancing around them. You can so imagine it going 'Neeh who's boss now!'. Admittedly I shouldn't have recalled and left them there, they had to wait till it expired before they could recall out. XD

I hope this bug never gets fixed...
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

Wait, the summon bug is still in?? One of the funniest moments in game was years ago, first year or so, and i enjoyed summons a bunch. I go to recall out as the rest of the group is still there (basically just tired, and wanting to turn it all in and go to bed), when i hear screaming on voice chat "OMG! WHAT DID YOU DO??" I was so confused for a while, as i've never been there when someone did it, so i had no idea. It was pretty amusing to me to hear them complain that it was killing them, (i forget which summon at that point, but i was close to or at 10) and watching their health go down pretty fast. I just wish the summons would be that strong against npcs.

Community Member

Default you can have summons

you can have summons in brawling pits now?

I remember that! i was on my rogue and was fighting a caster i think. i know he beat me about 3 to 1.

anyway, the thing kept attacking me and, as you can guess, killing me. but i also couldn't recall out! i would recall and i wouldn't go anywhere. i just wound up back up in the pit of death. and the summon kept killing me...

logging out fixed it. but i died SO many times. good times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom318 View Post
    you can have summons in brawling pits now?
    No, you can use them if you challenge somebody to a arena fight.

ah memories, of me dying repeatedly. good times, good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!