Default Confused about ToD ring sets

Does the set bonus only work for specific PrE? For example, according to ddowiki:

Spell Singer (Brd)
    Shiona's Pendant - Necklace: Superior Potency VI, Wizardry VI
    Shiona's Seal - Ring: Charisma +6, Exceptional Dexterity +1, Incredible Potential
    Set Bonus: 2 additional Bard songs per rest

Does this mean a Virtuoso or a Warchanter putting on Shiona's Pendant and Shiona's Seal will not get 2 additional Bard songs per rest?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

All the sets apply a bonus to everyone. Some apply additional bonuses if you have the matching Tier III PrE. Since Bards don't have any Tier III PrEs, their sets don't have the latter, but do have the former.

So, any Bard can put on those sets, and gain those extra songs. Just as any melee can use Shintao set for +2 dmg/att.

However, unfortunately, the extra songs are kind of bugged. If you take off the set, you lose two songs, even if you put on the set after resting and didn't gain songs from it in the first place. In fact, if you take off and put on the set enough times, you'll lose all your songs. Dying counts as taking of the sets, so each death means two lost songs.

Let me see if I understand it correctly.

Say I normally have 28 songs/rest. Shiona's set worn while shrining, brings it to 30. I use two songs, bringing current reserve to 28. Are you saying that if I then take off Shiona's set (or one piece of it), my reserve drops to 26?

If so, it really is bad.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Let me see if I understand it correctly.

Say I normally have 28 songs/rest. Shiona's set worn while shrining, brings it to 30. I use two songs, bringing current reserve to 28. Are you saying that if I then take off Shiona's set (or one piece of it), my reserve drops to 26?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    If so, it really is bad.
    Yes.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

It's the same for Kensai necklace (you lose 2 action boosts everytime you unequip it) and the Berzerker Belt (you lose 1 rage everytime you unequip it).
    I bug-reported it a couple times, because it's really annoying.