Default Cheapest way to make double pos clickies?

i'm looking for the least exensive wayst to create, and upgrade to teir 2 greensteel, with using as little twigs, horns, and funks as possible.

Community Member

buy gs blanks for plat

The AH might have some screwups that noone wants for cheap...

i think its pretty similar across the board, but I would put it on a blunt (maul if 2handed, or if TWF a 1h weapon) so that you can use it as a skelly beater as well as a raise dead clickie
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

Community Member

Basically, no matter what, you need to spend the same amount of ingredients in crafting anything. So the best bet would be to make a Pos/Pos Maul. Not only do you get the clickie, but you have made yourself a nice skelly beater/bludgeoning weapon to boot.

_
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

well, what would you reccomend as the teir 1/2?

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

Based on your criteria, a +1 cha skill/+2 cha skill raise dead belt can be made with 1 funk, 1 twig, and no horns.

Out of curiosity, I created a spreadsheet to figure out the relative expense of each blank in terms of ingredients used. It's not horribly useful, but still kinda nice. The prices fluctuate, but generally funk and twigs are the most expensive, husks and petals are the least expensive, and fungus and pebbles are in between. For the simplistic estimation, I set three different price levels on that basis and assigned one point per price level (so requiring a petal is one point, a pebble two points, and a funk three points, for example). I also gave half a point for horns since yeah they're a bit rare but if you get them there's no other use for them so whatever. If you really wanted I could switch the values easily enough since I set it up to calculate everything for me once I enter in the raw values. The relative numbers suffer a bit with an assignment of 1/2/3 but it's hard to evaluate the actual price of the ingredients so I went with something simplistic to start. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions.

Working from that, green steel expense in terms of Vale ingredients (from highest cost when converted to points to lowest) goes something like the following. In this list, each number contains equal value weapons under the above scheme, and 1 is most while 13 is least.

1. Heavy Crossbow, Scimitar, Light Repeater, Throwing Dagger
    2. Scepter, Throwing Hammer
    3. Shortbow, Light Crossbow, Heavy Pick, Light Mace, Shuriken, Heavy Mace
    4. Khopesh, Maul, Longsword
    5. Heavy Repeater, Sickle, Throwing Axe, Quarterstaff, Battle Axe, Bastard Sword, Falchion, Kama
    6. Dagger, Warhammer, Shortsword, Longbow
    7. Rapier, Light Pick, Greataxe, Kukri
    8. Greatsword, Great Crossbow
    9. Dwarven Axe, Hand Axe
    10. Morningstar, Belt, Boots
    11. Bracers, Cloak, Helm
    12. Gloves, Goggles
    13. Necklace

For an idea to compare...creating a Green Steel Necklace requires 3 Husks, 3 Petals, 3 Pebbles, 1 Fungus, 1 Twigs, 1 Funk, and an Eberron energy cell. A Green Steel Heavy Crossbow, on the other hand, requires 2 Husks, 0 Petals, 3 Pebbles, 2 Fungus, 2 Twigs, 3 Funk, and a Large Horn.

If you really don't care about the weapon or item type and are just going for a clicky, that might help. Otherwise it would be beneficial to make a weapon that you could use situationally. Other people have already mentioned the benefits of a pos/pos maul, which is a good example.

Default Unless I am misunderstanding what you want......

Step 1: Go to here: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle...roud/index.php and choose any item (not weapon) that you want. This will ensure that you do not require any large mats

Step 2: Change the alter to part 3, subjugation, and press go

Step 3: Choose the clickie that you want, under the clicky section, and choose the various effects that you want (arbitrary really, if all you care about is the clicky) until it tells you that it is a valid item and can be crafted.

Step 4: Click on the How to do I craft this item link

Step 5: Acquire the materials necessary to make it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by doubledge View Post
    well, what would you reccomend as the teir 1/2?
    depends on your build/what you could use.

You want an item? Or a weapon?

If its a weapon, go t1 holy and t2 good blast - its a weapon afterall

if its an item, do you plan to wear it for more than the clickie? If so, what ever best suits the weak points in your build.

_
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by doubledge View Post
    i'm looking for the least exensive wayst to create, and upgrade to teir 2 greensteel, with using as little twigs, horns, and funks as possible.
    Get a boyfriend/girlfriend who plays ddo. Service them for ingreds/blanks.

Goggles are the cheapest non weapon to make. They use 3 Husks and 3 Petals (and less of the other ing). Both of these are cheaper as they drop in Rare chests in the Vale.

http://ddocrafting.com/index.html
    Last edited by DaSawks; 01-29-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".