Default Trap The Soul GS

I was curious if anyone had any of the Vac 2 GS weapons and if they worked well in epics/were worth making. I was considering making a pair of them for epic trash.
    Characters: Owenz Fighter 20, Ocuul Favored Soul 20, Horthgar Monk 20

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Been discussed a few times in the past (sorry no pointers, but if you look into those Crafting forums, there should be some related threds).
    What I gathered from that myself (don't have such weapons to speak from experience) is that they can work very well in some epic content, but not everywhere. Reason is the Will save, so better use them against low-will-saves stuff... but then typically these low-will-save guys are held so getting their souls is less useful

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Been discussed a few times in the past (sorry no pointers, but if you look into those Crafting forums, there should be some related threds).
    What I gathered from that myself (don't have such weapons to speak from experience) is that they can work very well in some epic content, but not everywhere. Reason is the Will save, so better use them against low-will-saves stuff... but then typically these low-will-save guys are held so getting their souls is less useful
    Unless they are immune to holds, like elementals. Possibly undead too, I'd check if I had a TTS weapon.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Unless they are immune to holds, like elementals. Possibly undead too, I'd check if I had a TTS weapon.
    Hehe good point

TTS from greensteel seems to work on everything not red/purple named in epic, seen it proc on elementals and undead. That said it's really more of a flavor thing, the procs are relatively rare compared to all the other greensteel procs and have a chance of being resisted.

From what I understand and have been told, best use of this is on a many shot for a ranger. With so many arrows flying the chance is way better to get it to proc.

And I've seen it used in Epic, it can be VERY useful. Cuts down on the beatdown. Especially if you have one guy using Dreamspitter and the other using TTS.
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher