Thread: Why

Default Why

what is it with people and PvP getting mad at you so im a level 18 cleric i wanted to try out energy drain and every time i used it i got tells saying to $%^&^&* stop it its a game i just dont get why people get mad
    foREVer

Community Member

I'm not sure exactly why since they are doing PvP in the first place (and should be prepared to face every spell availible) but I would suspect that it's because they can't remove negative levels. It takes 2 minutes per level and if you gave them 4 or more negative levels then they're probably better off just dying and starting over since it will take less time than waiting for the negative levels to go away.

Potion vendors only sell lesser restoration pots. I think high lvl guilds (or is it favor) can get some special pots for negative levels but in general this is an annoyance for many players.

btw... looks like you should change your sig since you leveled up

i know i just leveld so i thought i try it out and yea i guess your right neg levels are bad lol but i think its funny how im getting hate tells over a game
    foREVer

because they want you to stand their and let them kill you without putting up a fight so they can gloat about how they pew pew pew pawned you.
    Dex - Leader - THΣ ЏΠΣΔЯТΗΣÐ ΔЯСΔΠΔ
    I don't do serious, it no fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dexol View Post
    because they want you to stand their and let them kill you without putting up a fight so they can gloat about how they pew pew pew pawned you.

yea bc one time i just stood there i went to do something and when someone killed me they sent a tell HAHAHA i killed you noob
    foREVer

Quote Originally Posted by unknownturok View Post
    what is it with people and PvP getting mad at you so im a level 18 cleric i wanted to try out energy drain and every time i used it i got tells saying to $%^&^&* stop it its a game i just dont get why people get mad
    Well its like this

People ONLY like to PvP when they win !

Loosing is not fun ..... is it

So when you Energy Drain them from 12th lvl down to 4th and then kick the cr*p outta them they tend to send nasty /tells to you.

If I had a plat piece for everytime I heard " the only reason you won is cause of your slayer arrows" .... I would be the richest persion on Khyber !

Remember ... its just a game ... and the ONLY way to win PvP is to make sure someone else is really mad at you.

If he / she is mad .......... YOU WIN !!

yea bc one time i just stood there i went to do something and when someone killed me they sent a tell HAHAHA i killed you noob
    True PVPer's have deathward, yiour dealing with nubs or toons at lower levels - guaranteed you wont neg level a cap unless he accidentially forgot to cast deathward.

The easy button casters like to dispell then cast neg levels - thast when i bust out my uzi and mow them down
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

when ever i get a hate tell i laugh
    foREVer

Community Member AltheaSteelrain's Avatar

enervation scrolls are also a way to tell if a player doesn't have fort, has 6 con and clearly has no clue on how to play the game :P

love it, use it, laugh at them
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoJ View Post
    I've never spent more than 5 minutes in a character generator. But I've spent countless hours talking about myself, and how great I am.

The Most Gimpiest Bard Build Ever!
    Before you start a bard, please read:
    Diva's Bard Love Guide / Genghis Khan by LeslieWestGuitarGod / Rabidly Halfling by Madmatt70

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 96th_Malice View Post
    Remember ... its just a game ... and the ONLY way to win PvP is to make sure someone else is really mad at you.

If he / she is mad .......... YOU WIN !!

Best quote ever

Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

There are two ways to "win" in PvP:

One is to kill people.

The other is to not give a leaping @#$% about any of the drama and just enjoy hanging with your friends. Savor the rage tells, the random Lit II/slayer arrow 1000+ kills, the 2k disintegrates, and the accidental vorpal crit on a 20th-level ioun stone toting sorcerer.

One of these gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.

my favoirite is the brag tell after they finally kill yoy, standard response I give them "Grats you finally landed a crit"

PvP is now out of balance Sorc wins... Evoker FvS is #2 wiz or cleric#3 AA #4. nobody else matters really. well you can put a virt bard in there if they can dps.

when ever i get a hate tell i laugh
    Hate tells don't only make me laugh... They make my day

On Cannith there's a certain dwarf (who shall remain nameless) who is obsessed with pvp and no matter what: if you win, you clearly had to of cheated in some shape, way, or form. It's his type that really entertain me when you kill them.

Point being: unless you enjoy hate tells, the only fun pvp you'll get is with friends imo.
    Unless of course you enjoy spam killing the type I described earlier

Quote Originally Posted by 96th_Malice View Post
    If I had a plat piece for everytime I heard " the only reason you won is cause of your slayer arrows" .... I would be the richest persion on Khyber !
    Well, I dunno about you but I think it's true. It really is the only thing an arcane archer has going for them in PvP unless they have some kind of Air II/Earth II Bow. Casters, for example, are just ridiculously crazy and need no introduction. But at least melees have trip and stun to knock down opponents and pin them in one place for a beatdown and most likely a kill. To be able to match the power of one trip or stun attack an AA practically requires an extra 500+ damage every 20 or so shots.
    Last edited by TheDjinnFor; 04-10-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDjinnFor View Post
    Well, I dunno about you but I think it's true. It really is the only thing an arcane archer has going for them in PvP unless they have some kind of Air II/Earth II Bow. Casters, for example, are just ridiculously crazy and need no introduction. But at least melees have trip and stun to knock down opponents and pin them in one place for a beatdown and most likely a kill. To be able to match the power of one trip or stun attack an AA practically requires an extra 500+ damage every 20 or so shots.
    It may be true, but saying "the only reason you won is your slayer arrows" is like someone telling my PM "you only win cause you keep casting spells!"

...Although once in a while I do beat level 20 fighters at melee by swinging some vorpals around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.