Thread: Packet loss

Default Packet loss

Since Saturday (15th) Ive had a huge lag problem in the form of 2% to 25% packet loss, any time of day. The game is semi playable, but not alot of fun, and makes voice chat all but impossible.

I've tried: DNS flush, defrag and router reset. Then I tried a download test and speedtest and found I have a quality connection with 0% packet loss, so its not at my end, yet I still maintain a 2%-25% packet loss in-game.

Oh and this does seem restricted to ddo.com and game servers, everything else works like normal.

Is anyone in England, Uk or further afield having similar issues?

edit: Well I found a site that pings my PC from USA and found its a problem with a node in london (obviously my speedtest wasnt going through it). That leaves me with the problem of not knowing how to report the issue.
    Last edited by Rizzia; 01-19-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Community Member

No Packet loss for me last night from the UK with plusnet as my ISP.

I would recommend using pingplotter against gls.ddo.com to discern the node that is encountering a problem and contact your ISP with this information so they can either deal with the issue if it falls within their responsibility, or adsvise the owner of the hop that is causing packet loss.

Community Member

I'm having the same issue, however, I live in the USA. Let me know if you figure it out....it's terrible playing with 2-20% packetloss

Default not fun at all :(

im getn as much as 45% loss... i havent been able to much of anything outside of solo and some epic's. every time i get into a big fight my lag gets awfull. (like just an hour ago i was doin fine, no lag at all. so i joined an evon6. went through the vault without a hitch. then made my way to my base in the raid and once we got to the dragon i got 5 hits in b4 i was lagged back like 3 mins behind every1 else. i felt bad to say the least.) i have run this game on worse conections than i have now and the game worked fine. this has been a problem for me for the last week now.... I JUST WANT TO PLAY and HAVE FUN!!!