Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow Double or Triple Ranged DPS

Hi guys. I have 2 very well DPS oriented built ranger friends.

Like.. one is a 12ftr,6ranger,2monk elf AA with 53str + some ranged alacrity ToD set.

The other is a 18ftr,1bard,1barb elf AA + Black Dragonscale Armor.

Anyway, I told them both to Manyshot me at the same time with no stat damage/slayer arrows/lightning strike, right?

They did and they both used Force Burst and I didn't even come close to dying!!! It was so easy!

That said, Slayer Arrows are OP. Why not double or triple ranged DPS but nerf stat damage and Slayer Arrows?

As far as I know it's only there to instakill properly built, high-HP toons in PvP.

Also, it's giving a free pass to all those silly capped rangers who proc 0s on me. That ain't right!

Currently I have a Docent of Defiance and Bramble-Casters, which do not stack, but do well enough.

I have 2 healing spells and you know what? If they can have Pale Lavender Ioun Stones they don't need Slayer Arrows!

So make your choice devs. Fix ranged DPS in PvE and PvP or there might forever be bickering on the subject.
    Favorite Quote: "Why are you being so serious?" - The Joker

(how do I get interviewed by DDO because I have lots of cool ideas)

Hmmm....no thanks.
    - I've been to so many raids, but I wouldn't call myself a vet, since I have yet to try out different strategies, tactics and classes in raids.
    - Main in sig, alts: Frostiee, Aliciae, Amandae

I have 2 very well DPS oriented built ranger friends.
    oxy moron?

Anyway, I told them both to Manyshot me at the same time with no stat damage/slayer arrows/lightning strike, right?
    ummm... sure Mr Sorcerer hit me for all you got just no insta kills and you can't use max or empow.
    just seems kinda silly that when you take away all their good options then complain that their damage sucks.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

2015 DDO Players Council Ironforge_Clan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    oxy moron?

ummm... sure Mr Sorcerer hit me for all you got just no insta kills and you can't use max or empow.
    just seems kinda silly that when you take away all their good options then complain that their damage sucks.
    I'm just surprised at the 2 friends comment.
    Axebiter, Cujo, Runeforge, Runefury, Runegoth, Runehealer, Runehamer, Runehorde, Runenight, Runesongs, Runezephyr
    And the forgotten: Runeaura, Runedevourer, Herstinkie, Runewolf,
    Caught somewhere between casual player and power gamer.

Thumbs down

Let me see if I'm understanding what you are saying....

Archers are using an enhancement and it's killing you, and you are upset and want the game changed so that archers don't kill you in PvP? Furthermore you want to kill them, and as a caster, you presumably use maximize and empower?
    Here is an idea... get a second computer and a free to play account, then log that account in, put him in a PvP pit and kill him without worrying about dying.

I was not aware that the game revolved around you.

/ not signed

fail.

People only bicker because 'dps' is simply a part of the equation when it comes to ranged combat.

The other part is running around kiting stuff and not getting hit while taking it down from a distance.

And then the OTHER part is shouting 'pew pew pew' over voice chat while doing it!

Default Very well built?

Umm your ranger friends may be well built, but definately dont have good gear if they cant take you down quickly
    with manyshot.

Quote Originally Posted by callforkills View Post
    Umm your ranger friends may be well built, but definately dont have good gear if they cant take you down quickly
    with manyshot.
    except he won't let them use it for the "test" even if they had it, just like he didn't with this "test".
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by callforkills View Post
    with manyshot.
    Not everyone is poorly built/geared.

The 12ftr,6ranger,2monk AA was using a tier 3 GS bow. (his non-lightning strike one)

I also have Sorcerer casting speed and Reconstruct + Repair Critical.

Thing is, I still get caught on my heals by Slayer Arrows. (20% or 1/5 the time during Manyshot)
    Favorite Quote: "Why are you being so serious?" - The Joker

(how do I get interviewed by DDO because I have lots of cool ideas)

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    You just got reset, you gained a little bit of green...and now this again? h4x, you gotta stop it.... you wonder why you were sitting at ~4000 negs? This kinda posting is why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoprockel View Post
    In how many threads have you asked for that nerf now? I'm sure you keep track somewhere.

Some people actually don't care about PVP. AAs are using slayer arrows and stat damagers in quests to kill monsters.

True story.

Nobody will nerf anything just to allow your arcane to become the god of the pvp pits, with nobody left to ever beat him.

If that is not the reason you keep asking for the same things over and over again, please, enlighten me.
    /QFT

/notsigned
    /IbtL
    Junior Vice President of the Sen* Group
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    ....running things on elite is generally good for you. Puts hair on your chest, keeps you regular (sometimes both*), and at least in recent content and going forward, improves odds of named loot in chests......

Quote Originally Posted by h4x0r1f1c View Post
    Hi guys. I have 2 very well DPS oriented built ranger friends.

Like.. one is a 12ftr,6ranger,2monk elf AA with 53str + some ranged alacrity ToD set.

The other is a 18ftr,1bard,1barb elf AA + Black Dragonscale Armor.

They did and they both used Force Burst and I didn't even come close to dying!!! It was so easy!

That said, Slayer Arrows are OP. Why not double or triple ranged DPS but nerf stat damage and Slayer Arrows?

As far as I know it's only there to instakill properly built, high-HP toons in PvP.

Also, it's giving a free pass to all those silly capped rangers who proc 0s on me. That ain't right!

Currently I have a Docent of Defiance and Bramble-Casters, which do not stack, but do well enough.

I have 2 healing spells and you know what? If they can have Pale Lavender Ioun Stones they don't need Slayer Arrows!

So make your choice devs. Fix ranged DPS in PvE and PvP or there might forever be bickering on the subject.
    First off.... slayer arrows were (as well as everything else in this game) were meant for PvE. Nothing was meant for PvP, and if it was, this game would be an epic fail on several levels.

I do however feel ranged DPS needs to be changed, but for the better. If slayer arrows are OP, then what do you think of vorpals?

You have no sense of logic in your ideas.

Wise man once said: Think first, speak later.
    Member of Upper Caves of Anthia on Ghallanda.
    Calamas: Racial Completionist in progress, Millitis: Bladforged Pally
    Blitzzen: Air Savant Sorc
    Ariethil: Falcon Striker Monk

You just got reset, you gained a little bit of green...and now this again? h4x, you gotta stop it.... you wonder why you were sitting at ~4000 negs? This kinda posting is why.
    Smrti on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    Look for a rep button for his name and you will not find it.

He has been opted out of the system much like the devs are out of the system.

/not signed.

Quit asking for nerfs.

Learn how to play the game.
    Last edited by KillEveryone; 01-18-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrowell View Post
    Wise man once said: Think first, speak later.
    This one works here as well
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

/not signed
    /ibtl
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

Devs can you please just give h4x a button to just "win" pvp?
    He obviously needs it because everything that kills him is overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    Devs can you please just give h4x a button to just "win" pvp?
    He obviously needs it because everything that kills him is overpowered.
    Anything that kills anything is overpowered. Hasn't H4x taught you that by now?
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    The best PVP in this game happens in the forums. Usually when someone brings up the need for more PVP.

Tho' he keeps searching for an answer
    He never seems to find what he's looking for.
    Oh Lord, he prays to give him strength to carry on
    'cos he knows what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams.

Here he goes again on his own....

18. 01-18-2011, 01:52 PM

If anything all it shows is that everything concerning ranged combat, except slaying arrows, needs to be seriously BUFFED. Leave slaying arrows alone and buff up everything else. That would take care it.
    Ghallanda: Neatoelf15wiz/1rgr, Neetoelf17wiz, NeatoManhuman13rog/6pal/1mnk, NeatoHombrehuman12ftr/6pal/2rog, Kneetoedwarf17clr, Kneedoughdrow18clr/2mnk

Minimize expectations and you'll never be disappointed

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

No.

Fix ranged's missing shots. Fix the aggro from ranged attacks.

But don't randomly change basic mechanics just because someone plays PvP (which is a silly concept in a D&D based game) and thinks only of PvP, with no regard for PvE (which is the core of this game).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast