Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phax View Post
    Just looked into this and this is a bug. Crits do not get rolled on initial damage (entering the WoF), but will on all subsequent damage.

I'll be fixing this and I'd expect the fix will be in the next patch/update.
    Thanks for checking and letting us know Phax!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthorin View Post
    So am I right in saying that what this means is kiting mobs in and out of fire walls will be very much less effective than keeping them in it?
    It would seem that way. Well....it always was faster to kill them that way anyway, it just wasn't as safe as kiting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthorin View Post
    So am I right in saying that what this means is kiting mobs in and out of fire walls will be very much less effective than keeping them in it?
    It should not matter as one you'll get more crits and the other more hits. After its fixed though kiting for the win

Just looked into this and this is a bug. Crits do not get rolled on initial damage (entering the WoF), but will on all subsequent damage.

2nd bug you might wanna look into while your trying to fix that one Phax:

Random combat log spam:
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6...nshot00151.jpg

I cast wall of fire on the "purge the darkness" rare in Eerie Forest. It doesn't get any critical at all, but still kills the stuff fast enough and I get the credit.

As I leave, I get that massive unexplicable flood of text in the combat log about crits - all very fast. Fills up 3-4 pages worth in a few seconds.

I think it's because it's still trying to effect an already dead monster, but an error happens and causes the crit chance to re-calculate constantly ignoring the usual 2 second delay.

Sorry I can't be more specific on whats going on as I only seen this happen a couple times. Think it's because of it trying to effect dead monsters, but could be wrong.

Also tend to see a lot of random "immune" messages poping up from wall of fire on dead enemie stoo . I remeber this was an old bug that was already fixed, but seems like you guys brought it back somehow.. Just look up the old report/fix and see whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by BruxaDo71 View Post
    Hi,

First of all, I know that since U7 there are some threads about it, but I have some data to confirm my point.
    Some days ago when I was farming epic scrolls on OOB I noticed (again) that my Wall of Fire was not "criticing" as expected. I thought it would be because I was running all the time and could not see many numbers, so I decided to test it with no running. I did it, appeared normal, about one critical on six hits. But it was not enough to me, then I started to collect some data.
    Nicely done. Thanks for taking the time to test this out.

Thank you for the update Phax.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by BruxaDo71 View Post
    Hi,

First of all, I know that since U7 there are some threads about it, but I have some data to confirm my point.
    Some days ago when I was farming epic scrolls on OOB I noticed (again) that my Wall of Fire was not "criticing" as expected. I thought it would be because I was running all the time and could not see many numbers, so I decided to test it with no running. I did it, appeared normal, about one critical on six hits. But it was not enough to me, then I started to collect some data.

My character:
    Wizard level 20, I had the enhancement Wizard Lineage of elements III (9%) and a Major Fire lore item (9%)

The method:
    I did two measures, called Moving and Standing.

Moving - In the first room of OOB, putting two Wall of fire (not overplaced) and running in circles.

Standing - In the same room, I pulled the scorpions and jumped in a safe place. I a Threw a Wall of fire and watched.

When finished, I counted the regular hits and criticals hits from my combat log. I ignored the "(Combat): Spell Crit! Your Wall of Fire has greater effect!" with no result, counted only the numbers.

Numbers:
    Moving
    2036 hits - 89 criticals: 4,3%

Standing
    2062 hits - 349 criticals: 16,9%

My conclusion:
    The first tick of Wall of fire is not working properly. When a monster is moving, it constantly go out and back on AoE, reseting it status.
    Of course, it can be another thing, but I think it is already a good point to the Devs check if it is really working correctly.

Miscellaneous:
    488 scorpions killed
    4 epic scrolls dropped, no one worthy of mention.
    +1 for gathering all this data and making it easy to track the bug...

... and +1 for fixing it quickly

So, while you guys are fixing firewalley things, any chance you guys can make it so 2 firewalls from 2 different casters stack? please?
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    2nd bug you might wanna look into while your trying to fix that one Phax:

Random combat log spam:
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6...nshot00151.jpg

I cast wall of fire on the "purge the darkness" rare in Eerie Forest. It doesn't get any critical at all, but still kills the stuff fast enough and I get the credit.

As I leave, I get that massive unexplicable flood of text in the combat log about crits - all very fast. Fills up 3-4 pages worth in a few seconds.

I think it's because it's still trying to effect an already dead monster, but an error happens and causes the crit chance to re-calculate constantly ignoring the usual 2 second delay.

Sorry I can't be more specific on whats going on as I only seen this happen a couple times. Think it's because of it trying to effect dead monsters, but could be wrong.

Also tend to see a lot of random "immune" messages poping up from wall of fire on dead enemie stoo . I remeber this was an old bug that was already fixed, but seems like you guys brought it back somehow.. Just look up the old report/fix and see whats going on.
    I've noticed a few "fear faces" hanging in the air over dead mobs--possibly connected?
    It's a mystery!

Kudos to the devs for making sure that their "nerfs" are at least consistent. (For the record, I like the new FWs )
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12