Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liltova View Post
    These two..

Shocklore and Xzlon.

Wayy wayy wayy too much drama on the Khyber Server when things come to PvP.
    Fought with and against both. MOAR DRAMA PLOX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Majere_Aumar View Post
    10) Melee Builds (Paladins, Fighters, Barbs, non-Shintao Monks, Rogues)
    Like, if the Melee is good he can wipe the PvP.
    Bards today! Bards tomorrow! Bards forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Fundamental View Post
    (pws/dance is not pvp..)

That's not true and it's a stupid stupid comment.
    Stun and dance actually creates the best battles PvP has to offer and the most astounding wins with 1 Hp when someone has danced you and isn't paying attention, or the stun.

There is no rule book on PvP for that matter.
    Now as far as monk being on Nr.1, hmmm....

Palemasters FTW. + Ion Stone.
    Monk can stun but not get through all the guards when he melee's.
    FvS's rule PvP? You should come to Ghallanda, we show you how it's done.

Give me a few good FvS's or clerics against a skillfull necro with a pale.
    Their all f'd, evasion no evasion. And I got a full fvs myself their awesome.
    In the end the player makes the build and it's the player that makes the skill.
    You can have a completionist WF Caster still being pwned by a human sorcerer.

As for the Shintoa monk being on Nr.1, it's not true, entirely.
    Monk is a melee build.
    A caster can take out 4,5,6 people in one lighting spell. Hitting for +1000 damage. A monk can never equal that amount of firepower that fast, from range.
    On Ghallanda we got a few monks, also have a pale, uses the stun and I rip him apart on my Necro, 9/10.
    As with any other FvS, Cleric pale or not, = dead.

So... the list should have some 'slight rethinking' in my opinion.

After
    Pale Masters can't heal themselves with Energy burst or Aura while they have Ioun Stones. Or the Pale will get to 0. And like DEADLY act.

They get double damage vs Lich, Wraith, Zombie and Vampire.

Very easy to kill with a good Divine Caster Build.
    Bards today! Bards tomorrow! Bards forever!

each build has its weakness

manyshot builds will find that against an AC tank they cant do anything - miss miss miss miss miss

pws/dance builds will get ganked by AAs all day long

sprint boosting barb will eat a hold or dance everytime but not before ripping apart the unaware

AC tanks will flail around to trip a caster who is jumping backwards hurrling missles and rays

in the end, the most successful builds in the pit are the ones with the most friends.

Default ...

Well i spend lot of time inventing good pvp char.. so let me share my exp with u.(*)

////
    To those who just roam forums to find out about some utra pvp build, i tell u most of it its a ****.. Majority of the peoples posts are just pure speculations.. The fact is, that every toon is suited for the player in his own specific way and u must get used to it in a 1st place and then develop your own efficient tactics..PvP is far behind the theory, but there are some basics..
    ////
    So back to the topic..

I played and capped for pvp>>>

////
    WF sorc con based acid sorc, pretty ultimate and very easy*(nooby to pwn with.
    Vs light monks (no chance if monk is faster with kukan or u win - earth grab, or pws.. but usualy monk got better chances even in stash cause kukan got nearly no range..)
    Vs other arcane (spellspam contest, arcanes with force/magic etc missiles, depleting your pale are problem but u usually got higher hp + earthgrab)
    VS caperring (1st time u die 2nd time u got shield rdy)
    VS AA+other range (not an issue, spells for pale depleting + u got far better nuke, hp, disable and selfheal)
    VS fvs (u can rid of his pale sooner + again dragonbolt,pws etc.. problematic can be only wings + enviroment

////
    BARD
    >>>imo just a funny build which pwn all unexperience players, but your rein will end soon as they will find out the secret..(but usually u can draw firstblood)

////
    Hobbit(*this race was rly just for flavour+saves, but ofc sucks, cause of hp)
    Pm18/2rog (later respeced for 2 monk to gain more hp)

Pms along with mages got biggest advantage in ability to utilize and choose the right spells (*u may never imagine how effective is lvl1 grease in tight corner + undead immunities which are the best in a game

Dissadvantages: Basicaly no pale ussage, + imo healing cappabilities(* if u think what an bull*s, necro healing capabilities are supreme, yea but not that much in pvp.. 1st> even that both aura stacks (i bet 80per lame players dont know this) which is rly nice and helpfull agains AA or if ur in a ground.. But for pvp u mostly need burst heal, and thats the main prob, his burst is lot of slower than reconstruck or heal and from my experience this moment crucial..
    (some1 mentioned pala.. well any arcane can dissable pala in a second, and kill in a second one..)

////
    (in phase of testing, he is currently lvl19)
    dwarf 18fvs/2monk
    Well i thought how cool is this build and only thing i found out is how i was wrong..

Advantages: cool against lame necros absolutely not working against pro necros
    (1st option they got pale too and can deplete your faster 2nd option they are WF with pale),
    Had decent chances by outpositioning oponents with wings (this may be propably your biggest advantage if u wana beat arcane)

Dissadvantages> spell selection !!
    >every skilled arcane will deplete your pale faster and then ur done against his spell selection(*and yes i have wizz pastlife feat - its not fast enought..), only chance u had is mess his head with wings+magic missiles+Dv+searing l.+ deific v., cause this are the fastest spells u can start with and u spam them cross your cd, if u think how avesome is put people in a ground with meteor, i ll bring one of my toons toon and u can try all the day long.. Point is that u rly miss dissable on him *(im planning to try stuning fist cause i can reach rly decent dc closing to 50, but I think this one will be just a cra*p.. cause its rly poor chance i ll land a hit again some crazy bunnyhopping arcane spamming spells into my *ss)
    And on top of that what irritates me the most..even AA with pale can own u..

..no need to mention light monks

(**)

************************************************** ***********************************
    I hope these notes will be helpful for those who went on pvp road.

1st> From my experience is now light monk the strongest, but i believe this is only temporal, cause usually items with saves will go up and they are more frequent in a game than tactical items for dc..

2nd> Mage(any, but WF ofc) is most versatile cause of spellselection + healburst
    3rd> Wf con based Sorc (best acid cause of earth grab +dragonbolt, cold polars are slow, comparing to other ray spell animations+cold is easier to ressist,and same goes for fire, lightning got problem with evasion, niac bitting and edgar ele dont have inicial ticks + they can be removed in a chance 1:2.5)WF sorcs are for lames and very noobie friendly to build and play. If u want to dominate pick this. Because they are so easy they can basicaly share 2nd place as well..
    4rth> AA+capering bards
    5th> FVS **
    6th> Barbs !!!with epic lvls (they can instakill u pretty easy (dmg500+ noncrit)..

(Tukaw builds + similar nonsense, pls get over with this history..)

(* In my pvp experience im not talking about lame oponents which fall under your noncrit ofensive spell, dont have deathblock or blind imunity items/pots/pale etc.. or u just kill them by cometfall..

(**if u got some rly special tactics on fvs that u could share with me, pm me pls.. Cause just for now im decided that 5th life on my pvp toon will be necro again..
    Last edited by ALUEN; 07-30-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Community Member

15 months? seriously?

U mean the date of my first forum registration.. ? well yea a bit late, im not very chit-chat theory person.. 1st thing i found out about forums is that they are usually full of cra*p. But this topic is very close to me and i wanted to share it with pvp community

Ammased experience from pvp in DDO could be over 3 years.. (daily) ..to rectify your irony
    + i dont proclaim that im mr. all knowing if u or anyboady else will be heading to that way.. just shared my point of wiew
    Last edited by ALUEN; 07-30-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ALUEN View Post
    U mean the date of my first forum registration.. ? well yea a bit late, im not very chit-chat theory person.. 1st thing i found out about forums is that they are full of cra*p. But this topic is very close to me and i wanted to share it with pvp community

Ammased experience from pvp in DDO could be over 3 years.. (daily)

*and i dont proclaim that im mr. all knowing if u or anyboady else will be heading to that way.. just shared my point of wiew
    no, I meant how much you necroed this thread by. check the post date of the post directly above yours. April 15th, 2011. 15 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    no, I meant how much you necroed this thread by. check the post date of the post directly above yours. April 15th, 2011. 15 months ago.
    Lol then im sorry, was a bit hastly taken .. well its as i typed, im not very forum oriented this one is propably my biggest post..
    Last edited by ALUEN; 07-30-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALUEN View Post
    Well i spend lot of time inventing good pvp char.. so let me share my exp with u.(*)

////
    To those who just roam forums to find out about some utra pvp build, i tell u most of it its a ****.. Majority of the peoples posts are just pure speculations.. The fact is, that every toon is suited for the player in his own specific way and u must get used to it in a 1st place and then develop your own efficient tactics..PvP is far behind the theory, but there are some basics..
    ////
    So back to the topic..

I played and capped for pvp>>>

////
    WF sorc con based acid sorc, pretty ultimate and very easy*(nooby to pwn with.
    Vs light monks (no chance if monk is faster with kukan or u win - earth grab, or pws.. but usualy monk got better chances even in stash cause kukan got nearly no range..)
    Vs other arcane (spellspam contest, arcanes with force/magic etc missiles, depleting your pale are problem but u usually got higher hp + earthgrab)
    VS caperring (1st time u die 2nd time u got shield rdy)
    VS AA+other range (not an issue, spells for pale depleting + u got far better nuke, hp, disable and selfheal)
    VS fvs (u can rid of his pale sooner + again dragonbolt,pws etc.. problematic can be only wings + enviroment

////
    BARD
    >>>imo just a funny build which pwn all unexperience players, but your rein will end soon as they will find out the secret..(but usually u can draw firstblood)

////
    Hobbit(*this race was rly just for flavour+saves, but ofc sucks, cause of hp)
    Pm18/2rog (later respeced for 2 monk to gain more hp)

Pms along with mages got biggest advantage in ability to utilize and choose the right spells (*u may never imagine how effective is lvl1 grease in tight corner + undead immunities which are the best in a game

Dissadvantages: Basicaly no pale ussage, + imo healing cappabilities(* if u think what an bull*s, necro healing capabilities are supreme, yea but not that much in pvp.. 1st> even that both aura stacks (i bet 80per lame players dont know this) which is rly nice and helpfull agains AA or if ur in a ground.. But for pvp u mostly need burst heal, and thats the main prob, his burst is lot of slower than reconstruck or heal and from my experience this moment crucial..
    (some1 mentioned pala.. well any arcane can dissable pala in a second, and kill in a second one..)

////
    (in phase of testing, he is currently lvl19)
    dwarf 18fvs/2monk
    Well i thought how cool is this build and only thing i found out is how i was wrong..

Advantages: cool against lame necros absolutely not working against pro necros
    (1st option they got pale too and can deplete your faster 2nd option they are WF with pale),
    Had decent chances by outpositioning oponents with wings (this may be propably your biggest advantage if u wana beat arcane)

Dissadvantages> spell selection !!
    >every skilled arcane will deplete your pale faster and then ur done against his spell selection(*and yes i have wizz pastlife feat - its not fast enought..), only chance u had is mess his head with wings+magic missiles+Dv+searing l.+ deific v., cause this are the fastest spells u can start with and u spam them cross your cd, if u think how avesome is put people in a ground with meteor, i ll bring one of my toons toon and u can try all the day long.. Point is that u rly miss dissable on him *(im planning to try stuning fist cause i can reach rly decent dc closing to 50, but I think this one will be just a cra*p.. cause its rly poor chance i ll land a hit again some crazy bunnyhopping arcane spamming spells into my *ss)
    And on top of that what irritates me the most..even AA with pale can own u..

..no need to mention light monks

(**)

************************************************** ***********************************
    I hope these notes will be helpful for those who went on pvp road.

1st> From my experience is now light monk the strongest, but i believe this is only temporal, cause usually items with saves will go up and they are more frequent in a game than tactical items for dc..

2nd> Mage(any, but WF ofc) is most versatile cause of spellselection + healburst
    3rd> Wf con based Sorc (best acid cause of earth grab +dragonbolt, cold polars are slow, comparing to other ray spell animations+cold is easier to ressist,and same goes for fire, lightning got problem with evasion, niac bitting and edgar ele dont have inicial ticks + they can be removed in a chance 1:2.5)WF sorcs are for lames and very noobie friendly to build and play. If u want to dominate pick this. Because they are so easy they can basicaly share 2nd place as well..
    4rth> AA+capering bards
    5th> FVS **
    6th> Barbs !!!with epic lvls (they can instakill u pretty easy (dmg500+ noncrit)..

(Tukaw builds + similar nonsense, pls get over with this history..)

(* In my pvp experience im not talking about lame oponents which fall under your noncrit ofensive spell, dont have deathblock or blind imunity items/pots/pale etc.. or u just kill them by cometfall..

(**if u got some rly special tactics on fvs that u could share with me, pm me pls.. Cause just for now im decided that 5th life on my pvp toon will be necro again..

1ST FV'S
    2 Barbs
    3rd Monk with their gimpy Everything is nothing.
    Farm Epic Elite Chests by yourself.
    Hide of Goristro ~5 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIwV...ature=youtu.be
    Spider Silk & Stone Heart ~2 Mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSABE...ature=youtu.be

I thought I should throw in a few things you guys have overlooked.

1. Meteor swarm clickies. Easy and cheap to make, now you can wipe out ioun stones with any class.

2. Barbs with ioun stones. House P pendant + sprint boost = SUPER fast. They will catch you. With FotW's adrenaline, you only need to hit em once or twice, even if you have 600-700 hp, as that first adrenaline hit usually hits for 500+ hp, not including burst effects like frenzy dmg.

3. Fatesingers also now get siren's song, which is usually a death sentence without a house p cloak.
    Last edited by AegonTargaryen; 10-19-2012 at 02:58 AM.
    "Greet miles of trials with smiles. It riles them that you perceive the webs they weave" -Roger Daltrey Logenn/Masticus/Tyrione/Kemosabi/Warrforgery/
    Mechanically Synergia - Argonnessen

Even though you necro'd the heck out of it, your post was informative, and relevant to the thread.
    Jyn... Kender... Thelanis

*Insert clever comment here*

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJi72 View Post
    Even though you necro'd the heck out of it, your post was informative, and relevant to the thread.
    That post, unfortunately, winds up being lost on page 3 of the thread, and most folks will mistakenly just reply to the ancient OP.
    Would've been a better move to start a new thread with that post, and just link/reference this old thread for it's relevance to the new one.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123