Default Bannable offense?

Wanted to check before I do some renown farming to make sure I won't get banned for this. Just heard about a lot of renown bans.

I have an ever growing army of mules, and for various reasons I would like them to be in a guild of high enough level to use some of the House K vendors. What I was thinking is to take one of my lvl 20s from my "real" guild and renown farm. Then I would go take that toon back to my regular guild.

Is this an acceptable practice?

Thanks!
    Xexa

Quote Originally Posted by seobanio View Post
    Wanted to check before I do some renown farming to make sure I won't get banned for this. Just heard about a lot of renown bans.

I have an ever growing army of mules, and for various reasons I would like them to be in a guild of high enough level to use some of the House K vendors. What I was thinking is to take one of my lvl 20s from my "real" guild and renown farm. Then I would go take that toon back to my regular guild.

Is this an acceptable practice?

Thanks!
    Xexa
    I don't think it is a problem, but when you pull a character out of a guild it removes renown. House K guild items are BtC, so I am not sure if a mule needs them.

Oh man, it removes renown when you leave a guild? Hmmm. Is it relative to how much you have contributed?

Now I'm thinking maybe I can get enough with the desert token turn in. I just want to be able to use the vendor, because on my mules I most often go between vendor and mailbox, was thinking the house k guild vendor gave better prices.

Quote Originally Posted by stainer View Post
    I don't think it is a problem, but when you pull a character out of a guild it removes renown.
    Stainer are you sure about that? I pulled a toon from a guild once, and it gave me two options:
    1. Remove your renown, or
    2. let the guild keep the renown
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

Quote Originally Posted by Rydin_Dirtay View Post
    Stainer are you sure about that? I pulled a toon from a guild once, and it gave me two options:
    When you choose option 2, it reduces the amount of renown lost by a substantial amount.

Also, when I saw that title, thought it said bananable offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorz View Post
    And remember kids....Fist can be a verb
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend's Wife
    I'm not gonna stab you, just cut you.
    Da Rulez of PvP

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jennick52 View Post
    Also, when I saw that title, thought it said bananable offense.
    I guess you should keep your eyes peeled, so you don't slip and read bigger oops into titles in the future (or it might result in a cream pie in the thread's face).

(ok, sorry :S)

Oh man, it removes renown when you leave a guild? Hmmm. Is it relative to how much you have contributed?

Now I'm thinking maybe I can get enough with the desert token turn in. I just want to be able to use the vendor, because on my mules I most often go between vendor and mailbox, was thinking the house k guild vendor gave better prices.
    If you're talking about the general vendor, it still gives worse prices than any other general vendor with the favor quest done.

As of this morning, option 2 will still have a toon take 10% of the renown earned when leaving a guild. My rogue had earned 1000 in the guild and the guild total was reduced by 100 when she left.

I dont know what the penalty is for removing a toon with 0 renown earned.

As far as the vendors go, my bard sees almost no difference between the guild vendors and the regular ones.
    Attackbeast, Serana - Successor and Officer of the Cult of Ryliegh, Jahon - Leader and all members of F-Troop - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by atkbeast View Post
    As far as the vendors go, my bard sees almost no difference between the guild vendors and the regular ones.
    My ss bard will Haggle in the 40's to near 50, and if I remember correctly, would out-haggle the guild vendors.

I'm not sure where the cut-off point is but the guild vendors are probably selling in the 30's haggle range if I had to guess. Since this is the forums, I know that someone is now going to test this and find the EXACT cut-off point
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

As far as people reported in other threads, 1 takes 25% and 2 takes 10%, or something like that.

Does the guild lose any renown if you are booted out? I have a guild that consists of six of us and when I have booted some characters I am only using as mules I saw no drop in total renown. That may just be due to the fact I haven't quested with them since the renown counter was active on the guild screen so they probaly had zero contribution counted.
    My real forum Join date is July 2007. Maybe one day someone will develop the awsome technology to fix this currently unfixable bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmolanya View Post
    Does the guild lose any renown if you are booted out? I have a guild that consists of six of us and when I have booted some characters I am only using as mules I saw no drop in total renown. That may just be due to the fact I haven't quested with them since the renown counter was active on the guild screen so they probaly had zero contribution counted.
    The renown lost is proportional to the renown contributed by the character. So if the character is just a mule that's provided the guild with no renown, the guild loses nothing when they leave (whether voluntarily or after being booted).

The guild only loses the renoun that character has earned since the Update that mechanic was introduced, IIRC U7.

100% of the renoun the character generated prior to U7 stays with the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by jennick52 View Post
    when I saw that title, thought it said bananable offense.
    I know that in English any noun can be verbed, but making "banana" a verb -- especially a transitive verb, as "bananable" implies, -- suggests some... interesting... activities.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

IIRC....Renown only is removed if an entire account leaves a guild. If someone takes one toon out of guild, but leaves their alts, renown is not affected.

Community Member

First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing because verbing weirds language. Then they arrival for the nouns, and I speech nothing because I no verbs.

Now I'm thinking maybe I can get enough with the desert token turn in.
    last stack (1000) of tokens I turned in (20 items) I got no renown options on the list.
    Badlass 20/10 Bard, Wc....Badlazz 20/10 Bard, Sb....Havnt got a clue 20/10 Bard SS....Slyfoxx 20/10 ranger dex/tempest....Stillgot no clue 20/10 ranger AA in limbo.....22 others, mostly mules.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    IIRC....Renown only is removed if an entire account leaves a guild. If someone takes one toon out of guild, but leaves their alts, renown is not affected.
    Not true. Its per character.

Quote Originally Posted by jydog100 View Post
    last stack (1000) of tokens I turned in (20 items) I got no renown options on the list.
    Turn them in on a toon at level. Unless its recently changed, you will get a renown option almost every turn in if you are level 8-12
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~