Default Bard Looking for Guild

Hi all!

I've recently come back to DDO after a long break. I have a level 9 Cleric who is retired but I also just re-rolled a level 1 CC/Heal Bard and I now have a level 2 Utility Rogue as well (Traps and DPS). My character names are in my Sig. I'm amazingly lost lol and am looking for a guild that will have the time and patience to help a new player learn the game and the roles they will serve. I need to learn everything again - feel like a noob honestly haha! Even before I wasn't able to get my Bard and Rogue past level 4 - so this fresh start is really nice. I just need some companionship along the way to keep me interested.

I'm very light hearted and almost always in a good mood - I'm "normalish" I guess. Just let me know who to contact in game please. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of you!!

Thanks in advance!
    ~Seanachie - The Irish Bard - Human Bard
    ~Syllvian - Drow Rogue 2 (Utility)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyllim View Post
    Hi all!

I've recently come back to DDO after a long break. I have a level 9 Cleric who is retired but I also just re-rolled a level 1 CC/Heal Bard and I now have a level 2 Utility Rogue as well (Traps and DPS). My character names are in my Sig. I'm amazingly lost lol and am looking for a guild that will have the time and patience to help a new player learn the game and the roles they will serve. I need to learn everything again - feel like a noob honestly haha! Even before I wasn't able to get my Bard and Rogue past level 4 - so this fresh start is really nice. I just need some companionship along the way to keep me interested.

I'm very light hearted and almost always in a good mood - I'm "normalish" I guess. Just let me know who to contact in game please. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of you!!

Thanks in advance!
    I can only say if you're looking for a guild based on what you typed in you will probably not ever find a guild to meet your needs. The best guilds out there are ones that help to find groups to quest with that have a high rate of succesful completions and give occasion suggestions to questions you may have.

Asking for a questing companion to keep you interested in that game is kind of like a proposal without first dating the girl to get to know her.

Good luck on your endeavor.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.
    Motto: Enjoy the game, loot and XP will follow

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    I can only say if you're looking for a guild based on what you typed in you will probably not ever find a guild to meet your needs. The best guilds out there are ones that help to find groups to quest with that have a high rate of succesful completions and give occasion suggestions to questions you may have.

Asking for a questing companion to keep you interested in that game is kind of like a proposal without first dating the girl to get to know her.

Good luck on your endeavor.
    My apologies.....I didn't mean to give anyone the wrong idea about what I'm looking for in a guild. I didn't think asking for help to re-familiarize myself with the game was too much to ask as an old player who is returning as a new player. I never in my post suggested that I was remotely looking for a hand out either - just some friends to adventure with and a little help along the way when I'm stuck.

As for you comment regarding wanting companionship,......
    Asking for a questing companion to keep you interested in that game is kind of like a proposal without first dating the girl to get to know her.......
    I was simply implying that I really find solo game play a bore and would rather adventure in group style play.

Good luck with your guild.
    ~Seanachie - The Irish Bard - Human Bard
    ~Syllvian - Drow Rogue 2 (Utility)

Community Member

come on over to orien we got a few folks willing ot help out

You won't need to go to orien, just look around, there's plenty of guilds that would suits your needs. Take some time in game with several guilds to find the people you have the most afinities with and I have no doub't they'll be happy to invite you to their guild.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Active Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Carelle ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

Breathnaigh ar an SÌdh roimh do chuid súl,
    Mar sin, go soiléir an Ard-Mhéara rÃ*oga,
    Tógadh Cén ag an ngnólacht Dagda,
    Smaoinigh, cúirt, cnoc

Seanchaithe traidisiún a choinneáil, fÃ*or seanchaÃ* deacair a fháil.

Most admirable Anything you wish leveling your story teller just a mention to Rosewood (A fili) be had.
    Last edited by Emili; 01-02-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Wyllim View Post
    Hi all!

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to Khyber! If you can catch me in game (on Talrok or Orthoclase), send me a tell and I'll be happy to show you around a bit. It's a fun game, and my experiences with random groups on Khyber have been a large part of the fun (previous posters notwithstanding). My hours are kind of wonky, so I can't make any guarantees, but I hope you manage to rekindle the fun in the game
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Hey, welcome to Khyber. Send me a tell if you see me on, if I'm not in the middle of something already my fvs could also use some company. Also happy to "talk shop" about DDO.
    Proudly Khyberian <3
    Veileira, Leiralei, Barbrose, Mayae TR1, Phaerune, Leiluu
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

Welcome to Khyber.

If you can find me on Smrti, I have a small menagerie of lowbie alts (4-10 range) that I wouldn't mind dusting off to help you get reacquainted with things.
    Smrti on Khyber

Look me up in game as Dunleme or Swoseldi. Risingdead is about helping and promoting a friendly and driven group of folks. I myself just returned to the game after almost 5 years gone. I'll personally help you by answering your questions.