Default proto's persistent raid bug list

As a long-time pugger and hardcore raider, I easily do 2-10 raids per day as many times as 4-7 days per week. While part of raiding is expecting failure from time to time (especially with pugs), You occasionally fail a raid with nothing to blame except faulty game mechanics (bugs) that cause the raid to wipe. Here is a list of bugs that have been persistent for several updates, many months (some of them as old as Mod 9 is altogether).

My Wishlist of bugs to be fixed:

Abbot:
    -invisible astroids in the astroids puzzle
    -an obscene amount of astroids launched at the platform right at the start of the puzzle
    -blue tile's that "phase out", players falling through them randomly.
    -weapons being eaten by the raid when recalling. this is rare, but has been brought up several times. it is related to picking up raid items such as goggles, ice wands or meteor rock piles.

Shroud:
    -bosses respawning in part 2 *after* the crystal has shattered. uncommon, but humorous to watch the red-named cat respawn and knock over a straggler using the shrine before part 3.
    -pets causing harry to aggro in part 5 while in mid-air, launching meteor swarms at them.
    -party member DCing in part 4 as the party is transitioning to part 5 can cause the party to die, and not be raised into part 5 properly. this is uncommon but does happen on occasion.

Plane of Night:
    -when center fight is activated, velah is not facing the party. it is more common to see the dragon facing either a crooked angle, completely sideways and (rarely) completely backwards, shaking her tail at the party.
    -velah launching her fire attack immediately when stepping onto the main platform. this is related to either someone DCing before it starts or attacking the dragon with a ranged weapon before the fight begins.

The Titan Awakes:
    -pillars being perfectly knocked over onto the titan, and not knocking him over. have seen this several times myself, and I'm not talking about long-shots.

Vision of Destruction:
    -Suulomades has a personal issue with any type of ranged weaponry. he seems to tear after anyone, regardless of damage being dealt, using a range-style combat.

Tower of Despair:
    -players have been banished before in part 3 while wearing there boots. Rare, but has reportedly happened more than once.
    -horoth has an ADHD problem. While being intimed, he is known to turn around / take off after a random party member that is attacking suulomades at the moment, on a successful intim roll. This is more than likely a bug with the intimidate skill itself, and not the raid boss.
    -Suulomades again shows his hatred towards archers. anyone using a ranged attack style will obtain aggro, regardless of whether intim is used or not.

all raids:
    -raids with some kind of boss fight (all of them) have a recurring issue of obscene and excessive damage being dealt to all party members at once, often impossible to heal through. This has been particularly a problem in the fight with Velah in Plane of Night and the fight with Queen Lailat in Zawabi's Revenge. Occasionally is a problem with Arraetrikos in Shroud as well.

This is all of the bugs that I have personally seen affect players in my groups including myself, that have either caused the raids to be more difficult than necessary or even causing raid wipes. Many of these bugs are serious and often enough of a problem that they need to be looked at. Please reply if you have seen any other bugs that I didn't list so I can update my list.
    Last edited by protokon; 12-22-2010 at 03:15 AM.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

2014 DDO Players Council

Not sure if it is new but I only saw it for the first time a couple days ago.

Abbot:
    Person with goggles confirms there is a solid tile, person running hits an invisible wall or falls through a solid tile (not a half tile and not falling because current tile has disappeared). Happened twice.
    Asteroids forming directly on the edge of the platform and exploding.

HoX: Puppies losing charm way before designated time, and no bh around dispelling. Happens now and then and really frustrating in Pugs. This has happened more on elite and hard for me though.

Lag bursts in most raids. I'm not talking about one person lagging, I'm talking about the instance lagging and the boss's damage continues. Impossible to heal through Epic DQ on some of these occasions. Unavoidable party wipes due to instance and not player performance needs to be sorted out pronto.
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post

Shroud:
    -pets causing harry to aggro in part 5 while in mid-air, launching meteor swarms at them.
    Its not really the pets. I think any non damaging spell and effect can cause that.
    A few times i summoned a rat there. Harry remained calm. But when someone summon a hezrou... that fat beast have some ability to (try to) debuff Harry, so he become active, and cause some trouble to the party.
    Also, once i casted Sleet Storm on Harry. He replies with a few meteors. And he was active till the Sleet Storm lasted.

But of course this may require more testing.
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

Community Member nolaureltree000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    -party member DCing in part 4 as the party is transitioning to part 5 can cause the party to die, and not be raised into part 5 properly. this is uncommon but does happen on occasion.
    ive had this happen to me twice while running shroud. it seems to be an issue that turbine is aware of though. if you submit a support ticket, a GM will come and place a rez shrine in the map so everyone can rez themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaureltree000 View Post
    ive had this happen to me twice while running shroud. it seems to be an issue that turbine is aware of though. if you submit a support ticket, a GM will come and place a rez shrine in the map so everyone can rez themselves.
    In a raid that averages 35 minutes, it can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes on average (occasionally longer than this) to get a GM response. this is quite a bit of time wasted, and although they are willing to fix the situation with the resurrection shrine, I don't see that as an acceptable (temporary) fix for the bug.

Are they going to give us a resurrection shrine when the instance lags and epic Lailat does an instant 1000+ points of damage to everyone that is impossible to heal through? (speaking of this bug, it happened today on hard setting, and nearly wiped our party of *mostly* capped players)
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

VoD and ToD: Suulumades.

Suulu seems to hate ranged weapons. In some instances of these raids Suulu will aggro on ranged weapon users regardless of actual damage dealt.

ToD: Intim bug.
    Horoth and Suulu do not always respond to intim.
    ________________One of Two Kings_________________
    *Runix*Lazarath*Drednauht*Slaadi*Malrauthin*Umaru*