Angry Genesis Point...***!!!

Well I have been solo'ing this quest for a long time and today just out of curiosity I decided to play around with the levers and try and figure out what they are for.

I guess they are to torment DDO players.

Sitaution...well I get thru the whole quest and go for the eastern lever as for me anyways killing the named Horned Devil is usually the fastest for me to complete.

Go pull the lever to start the final stage of quest and say....hmmm...I wonder if these other levers in this room will have any impact.

So I pull every lever in the eastern switch room up top...go down to finish the quest and the doors are shut...can't get to the end fight.

Figure I just need to push the levers back to their original position and all will be fine.

Go back down...nothing....I just spent 30 minutes and the only reason I am doing it is to get XP and a chance at a belt and I getlocked out of the end fight.

Unless I missed or do not know something, I have to ask.....why on earth Turbine would you put something in the game that sabotages you from completing.

Lame....if anyone has any info on this, that would be great, but if this is WAI, that is just ******** and should be changed.

The different levers open or close the doors, You should be able to go to the next room and pull the lever there to reopen the door.... If I remember correctly there are 4 doors and 8 levers total? so there should be 2 levers per door just in different rooms...

Did you check if there was any lever left in north or south left to pull to open up? There ought to be one depending on if you originally cleared clock- or anti-clock wise.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Thanks for the attempt but I am not talking about those doors and levers....I mean the two per section down below that you go down to get to the end fight.

I know about the levers that let you thru each section on the lower floor but I don't need the ones that divide the fours sections opened, I need the ones that actually go to the end fight.

After screwing around with just about every lever on the upper floor now I am still locked out of the two corridors that go to the Horned Devil end fight.

Community Member

the 2 levers in the 4 rooms control the doors ... but they are 1 pull levers.. if ya pull them all you could have ruined yer chance at getting to end fight.

NOOOOOO...those are not the levers or doors I am talking about.

You know the one lever in each room that is surrounded by a blue orb that u can't pull until you clear the four lower rooms and kill the named Barbazu..........the doors those open are the ones that are shut and will not open.

And I mean I pulled every lever in the eastern upper room after I killed the named barbazu to open the end fight doors, not just the one on each side.

I know what you guys mean, you a re talking about one set of doors and levers and I am talking about the other set of doors and the other levers.

Default This thread reminds me...

of that Cheech and Chong skit Dave

Who is it?

It's me Dave, now open up the door

Dave?

Yes D-A-V-E Dave, now would you open up the doors, I think the cops saw me come in here

Dave?

Right man, Dave, now would you open up the door

Dave's not here.

Thumbs up

***Situation Update***

Well after coming to terms with the fact I was not going to be able to resolve this situation......I recalled out of the dungeon, sat at the entrance and waited for it to reset......

Figuring if it isn't broken...DON'T FIX IT!!!...and deciding never again to play with any levers other than the ones I know are needed to complete.

Well, all is well that ends well I guess......went back in after cooling down for about an hours, and just for giggles and a challenge did the Maralith end fight optional.

Wished, prayed, and hoped with all my heart Knosts Belt would be in the chest.....and as my eyes flung wide open there it was .

Forgot to take a SS of the chest, but it sure does fit nice and snug

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

I know which levers you're talking about, and yeah, I've pulled them too just to see if they do anything. Seems like all they do is exist to ruin the quest for the curious. The one time this did happen though, we were able to get a GM to teleport us past the door and continue the quest, so it wasn't all lost.

Still makes me wonder what those levers are for. The DM specifically calls attention to them, but they don't do anything besides lock you out of a room.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    I know which levers you're talking about, and yeah, I've pulled them too just to see if they do anything. Seems like all they do is exist to ruin the quest for the curious. The one time this did happen though, we were able to get a GM to teleport us past the door and continue the quest, so it wasn't all lost.

Still makes me wonder what those levers are for. The DM specifically calls attention to them, but they don't do anything besides lock you out of a room.
    Thanks for that, I was hoping someone knew what I meant

Oh well, as posted, next run I got what I was farming for anyways, Amarath belt I wanted in three runs...can't complain about that.

if they lock the doors and you pull all the ones on the left (or right) then you lock out half the mobs you have to kill when downing the horned devil. completely not necessary but still could be useful on say elite.

Community Member

you mean that stupid hallway of locked doors where the semicircle of lever doesn't really seem to do a **** thing? Yeah that ****ed off my party too but it is solveable. I think you make them all go up or down and then kill the miniboss then pull the larger center one.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmDesolator3 View Post
    you mean that stupid hallway of locked doors where the semicircle of lever doesn't really seem to do a **** thing? Yeah that ****ed off my party too but it is solveable. I think you make them all go up or down and then kill the miniboss then pull the larger center one.
    No, that's not what I meant, but yeah...the first couple times I did the quest a few months back I know how aggravating that was.

I think I figured out entirely what all the levers are for in the eastern upper lever room. You probably have to leave one team member behind while the rest of your part heads down.....after they get thru one of the two doors that goes to the corridors to the end fight......you pull both sets of the pair of three levers........I think what this does is locks the doors to the end fight but also locks out all the mobs that flood into the room with the red named Horned Devil.

Or like Hok said, you can just do the right or left ones and at least lock out half of them. If you actually have someone in the party willing to skip the end chest it would probably be a great help to winning the end fight on higher difficulties.

A big warning to solo'ists or small parties....DO NOT pull all six levers in this room, if you do so it will lock you out from the final fight.......I still do not know why Turbine would not put a reversible mechanism for this in the quest...pretty lame for a weary group of first timers who might unknowingly do this.

I am also not sure if when you defeat the Horned Devil if those doors open back up so the left behind party member can get the chest or if they can be re-opened from the other side.

What was kind of cool was I didn't know you could blow apart the crate from the floor above with the guns from above. That was funny, when I finally got to the lower level that room was just absolute pandemonium. And since the wildmen are completely chaotic in who they attack they can take a lot of the aggro off you or your party. If you also fire off the guns from the upper level in the prisoner room it will aggro all the Trolls and when you port down they will all flood into the wildmen room and you can just dispose of everything at once.
    Last edited by vVAnjilaVv; 12-03-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Can I just say to the OP: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA...*pause to catch breath*...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thanks for the good laugh, mate; your plight is highly amusing to me. Mainly the fact that you have done the quest many times, but don't seem to know anything about it. Classic MMO mentality (and yes, I've been guilty of this too...I got lost in Waterworks the first time I went in to solo because I didn't know the way to the quest giver, and I'd been doing it since Beta).

Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    No, that's not what I meant, but yeah...the first couple times I did the quest a few months back I know how aggravating that was.

I think I figured out entirely what all the levers are for in the eastern upper lever room. You probably have to leave one team member behind while the rest of your part heads down.....after they get thru one of the two doors that goes to the corridors to the end fight......you pull both sets of the pair of three levers........I think what this does is locks the doors to the end fight but also locks out all the mobs that flood into the room with the red named Horned Devil.

Or like Hok said, you can just do the right or left ones and at least lock out half of them. If you actually have someone in the party willing to skip the end chest it would probably be a great help to winning the end fight on higher difficulties.

A big warning to solo'ists or small parties....DO NOT pull all six levers in this room, if you do so it will lock you out from the final fight.......I still do not know why Turbine would not put a reversible mechanism for this in the quest...pretty lame for a weary group of first timers who might unknowingly do this.

I am also not sure if when you defeat the Horned Devil if those doors open back up so the left behind party member can get the chest or if they can be re-opened from the other side.

What was kind of cool was I didn't know you could blow apart the crate from the floor above with the guns from above. That was funny, when I finally got to the lower level that room was just absolute pandemonium. And since the wildmen are completely chaotic in who they attack they can take a lot of the aggro off you or your party. If you also fire off the guns from the upper level in the prisoner room it will aggro all the Trolls and when you port down they will all flood into the wildmen room and you can just dispose of everything at once.

I thought (and I could be WRONG..... have only done that quest once) that killing the end boss unlocked the doors again.
    Please try to remember THIS IS JUST A GAME!! So have FUN, LAUGH, and ENJOY YOURSELVES.
    I try to understand what others mean, NOT just what they say! Failing that I still try to keep an open mind about all things. And YES, everyone has the right to be wrong, ignorant, and just plain stupid, (this includes myself.) BUT that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richtenfaust View Post
    Can I just say to the OP: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA...*pause to catch breath*...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thanks for the good laugh, mate; your plight is highly amusing to me. Mainly the fact that you have done the quest many times, but don't seem to know anything about it. Classic MMO mentality (and yes, I've been guilty of this too...I got lost in Waterworks the first time I went in to solo because I didn't know the way to the quest giver, and I'd been doing it since Beta).
    Let me laugh back in return for your ignorant remark. I was trying to find out what the levers were used for as it's never really been discussed in the forums to great detail. The only reason to this point I never used them is because back when Amarath first came out it was pretty much agreed that it was a bad idea to bother with them. At least give me a little credit for putting in the time to contribute something to the community about a situation that is puzzling to many and clarify at least what the ones in the easter room are for...with help from Hoko's reply too.

Classic mentality would be you coming on here belittling someone for having a problem. Go back to waterworks.....no wait there aren't any trolls there you might get lonely...try GH instead.

Well like they say, curiosity killed the cat. Here I'm thinking they added those other levers so that curiosity just locks the cat out of the end fight. Anyone that has run the Pit knows the devs have a mean sense of humor.
    ... a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation,
    Even in the dragon's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post

Classic mentality would be you coming on here belittling someone for having a problem. Go back to waterworks.....no wait there aren't any trolls there you might get lonely...try GH instead.
    Actually, there is a troll in the waterworks area; however, YOU need the intel to do the rune. LOL