Default Epic Grim's Bracelet : Hidden Effect?

http://perfectweb.org/ddo/itemwiki/I...px?itemID=1369

Lists this item as:

Strength +6, Natural Armor Bonus +4, <<Hidden Effect: Attack Bonus +4>>, Empty Green Augment Slot

I know at least one person that possesses this item, and says they did NOT observe the Hidden Effect : Attack Bonus +4.

Has anyone else seen this, and tested this? Is this true or not, and how did you go about your testing?

Thank you for your time.

Hm. This has been up for a while, has had some views. I know people have made this item epic : no one's willing to test this out?

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

The people who made it may not be reading this forum. Maybe try to find someone can do the test and ask him/her directly?

Community Member

I saw the same, and decided to verify. As far as I can tell it has no such hidden effect.

If you are hitting on 2+ regardless, just precisely how would you verify another +4 bonus?

Very likely the bonus is simply more overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    If you are hitting on 2+ regardless, just precisely how would you verify another +4 bonus?

Very likely the bonus is simply more overkill.
    Perhaps people with a lot Base Attack Bonus would care. Considering certain boss mobs in the game have over 70 AC (Razor Arm in Epic comes to mind), there will be *someone* who could benefit from an extra +4 to hit, I'd think.

They would verify it by looking at the +Bonus to hit on their combat log while wearing, and while not wearing.

Community Member

Naked and unbuffed, equipping the Epic Grim's Bracelet does not change my attack bonus.

I think we should be more interested in proof that it does, not proof that it does not.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by eowilson View Post
    Naked and unbuffed, equipping the Epic Grim's Bracelet does not change my attack bonus.

I think we should be more interested in proof that it does, not proof that it does not.
    Are you trusting combat log or inventory panel? Although inv panel is now more reliable than it used to be, the combat log remains the only place to be 100% sure.

Community Member

I'm not seeing any evidence of this hidden effect in the inventory panel or combat log.

It is possible the strength +6 on this necklace confused someone, particularly if they are a monk who became encumbered when removing it.

Might be a display bug with the inventory panel and character sheet.