Arrow Divines vs Pale Lavender Ioun Stones

I really don't think it's fair for divines such as Clerics or FVS to have to struggle through an upgraded Pale Lavender Ioun Stone and it's honestly quite ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed in PvP.

The thing recharges 15 at a time, often. Their spells are like lvl 2 and 3.. it'll take a while.

If they have Death Ward on then Harm won't help them and if they got Protection from Evil on then Greater Command won't help either, plus that's savable.

Basically all they have is Greater Dispel Magic, which even with their lvl 2 and 3 spells isn't enough if say a ranger came in on them.

I'm pretty sure they'd be Slayer Arrow'd long before they got through one of those. My friend has a 20cleric and a 20fvs and he has a Xachosian Eardweller and all that good stuff and he doesn't even like dueling me anymore since I got my Pale Lavender Ioun Stone.

I even offer to take it off and he's all depressed and such saying stuff like "its not the same" which I think he means it doesn't feel legit.

Now to be fair there is no arrow absorption item and rangers are free to use everything they've got in PvP but we can't use Wall of Fire to kite 'em through. This is the PvP area of the forums and I'm just sayin' they need to disallow that stone. It doesn't help me none.

2. 11-29-2010, 11:46 PM

only if they ban the spells in there as well
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Easiest, best solution for the devs is to ignore all aspects of PvP.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

WTS: Pale Lavendar Ioun Stone - Khyber
    Khyber: Hallz Halliebree Redfivest Halspex Halleez Haltrain Hlx Hlz Hallion Halson Halls Halbot Haleas Halkaline Haluminium Haligula - Prophets of the Newb Republic
    Thelanis: Hallea Halsup Haliea Halrust Ricroll Riconic

Every time I die to a ranger it's because they have Slayer Arrows on.

Nobody wants to nerf (fix) Slayer Arrows so I suggested something to make it easier to put down.

Divines can't do nothin' but wimp out every time and maybe shield block if they have an ioun stone.

By the time it's safe to retaliate the ranger has already hopped out of there.

Have you ever seen a ranger fight for longer than his Manyshot? I haven't.

They usually proc a Slayer Arrow and get out of there. Imagine if they didn't have that..

People might build their rangers better and learn to boost their STR too and have real DPS.

7. 11-30-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote Originally Posted by h4x0r1f1c View Post

Nobody wants to nerf (fix) Slayer Arrows so I suggested something to make it easier to put down.

Divines can't do nothin' but wimp out every time and maybe shield block if they have an ioun stone.

They usually proc a Slayer Arrow and get out of there. Imagine if they didn't have that..

People might build their rangers better and learn to boost their STR too and have real DPS.
    did i just read about implied possible ranged dps outside of manyshot?!?!?...... i think he may be a little off base here... slayer arrows is what allows the ranger to actually do damage... at all w/ that bow outside of manyshot....
    orien too lazy to update chars
    Quote Originally Posted by porq
    tells you, 'is it so hard to type kila[a-f]?'
    yes yes it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Quote Originally Posted by weewoo0 View Post
    did i just read about implied possible ranged dps outside of manyshot?!?!?...... i think he may be a little off base here... slayer arrows is what allows the ranger to actually do damage... at all w/ that bow outside of manyshot....
    Actually, I think 20ranger AA is a little like those people who make a 20ranger Tempest. Still not as good DPS as the Monster build, right?

You can make a 12ftr,6ranger,2monk ELF AA and have Slayer Arrows + real DPS. So if they multiclass right, they do have good DPS.

That's like say.. an 18wiz,2monk vs a 20wiz in a damage-only duel.. the one with Evasion + Insightful Reflexes and 2 Toughness from 2monk is going to tear up the 20wiz with electricity or something.

People simply need to build stuff right, not rely on Slayer Arrows. That's what it's always been is OP.

Monks got nerfed, rangers need a turn. Sure there are some rangers who aren't as skilled as others and truely rely on it, but.. isn't that the point? If they aren't as good and can't build a true DPS ranger that's their fault.

I've got 561 HP unbuffed on my caster, got Stoneskin and stuff and Slayer Arrows still kill me.

But, this isn't about Slayer Arrows since we've been through this before (see other threads in this section).

This is about the Pale Lavender Ioun Stone being way OP against clerics/FVS toons. It's not right.

And then there are those of us who do both slayer arrows and dps without them
    Sarlona ~ Lrenaj Mornaur ♦ Lrel Jayden ♦ WeepingAngel

11. 11-30-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote Originally Posted by halls View Post
    wts: Pale Lavendar Ioun Stone - Khyber
    Wtb Plis - send a PM and we'll talk =D
    Last edited by Blank_Zero; 11-30-2010 at 07:50 PM.
    Smrti on Khyber

I really don't think it's fair for divines such as Clerics or FVS to have to struggle through an upgraded Pale Lavender Ioun Stone and it's honestly quite ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed in PvP.

The thing recharges 15 at a time, often. Their spells are like lvl 2 and 3.. it'll take a while.

If they have Death Ward on then Harm won't help them and if they got Protection from Evil on then Greater Command won't help either, plus that's savable.

Basically all they have is Greater Dispel Magic, which even with their lvl 2 and 3 spells isn't enough if say a ranger came in on them.

I'm pretty sure they'd be Slayer Arrow'd long before they got through one of those. My friend has a 20cleric and a 20fvs and he has a Xachosian Eardweller and all that good stuff and he doesn't even like dueling me anymore since I got my Pale Lavender Ioun Stone.

I even offer to take it off and he's all depressed and such saying stuff like "its not the same" which I think he means it doesn't feel legit.

Now to be fair there is no arrow absorption item and rangers are free to use everything they've got in PvP but we can't use Wall of Fire to kite 'em through. This is the PvP area of the forums and I'm just sayin' they need to disallow that stone. It doesn't help me none.
    Rise above it, and figure out how to be the best you can given the rules we have to play with. I agree this a PvE game, with PvP added as a thought, and not really supported. Yuor constant ...complaining... is giving those who enjoy PvP a bad name. Back to WoW with you!
    Blazin the Dark, Aspiring Mechanic and PvP Target

Doesnt matter anymore. According to rumors the OP wont be playing or posting anytime soon.

Wats a PvP?
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

H4x you are a pvp legend.
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

Quote Originally Posted by bendover View Post
    Doesnt matter anymore. According to rumors the OP wont be playing or posting anytime soon.
    What rumors?

WTB: Pale Lavender Ioun Stone on SARLONA. Come at me cheap, I'm poor over there! Promise it'll be put to good use!
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

19. 12-15-2010, 07:45 PM

/gasp! a Ranger using a..BOW?!?!? thats uncalled for and just wrong. i DEMAND a nerf.
    Where most DDO players get their names from....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY