Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Deathward clickies

Requesting for more methods of casting deathward, currently you need to be a divine or have a divine hireling... or find some rare deathward scrolls.

I know there is Tangleroot gorge, but I would rather not buy this pack for this single purpose. There are many low level quests available for leveling and as a premium player this pack is on the low priority list.
    Last edited by FastTaco; 07-31-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Visor of the flesh render guards from the Splinterskull chain end reward list (not guaranteed) is what you're looking for. Sadly there are no others.

One other option would be to get motes from the Mabar event and purchase deathward potions with them. I have a few hundred and am enjoying them when really needed.

The last option (hard to find right now) would be Dolurrh jelly cakes from Festivult. Festivult is right around the corner so grab your Festivult coins and get ready to turn them in.

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    Visor of the flesh render guards from the Splinterskull chain end reward list (not guaranteed) is what you're looking for. Sadly there are no others.

One other option would be to get motes from the Mabar event and purchase deathward potions with them. I have a few hundred and am enjoying them when really needed.

The last option (hard to find right now) would be Dolurrh jelly cakes from Festivult. Festivult is right around the corner so grab your Festivult coins and get ready to turn them in.
    Someone forgot Epic Dusk Heart

Also, there are no Death Ward Scrolls, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by FastTaco View Post
    I humbly request more methods of casting deathward to be added, either through scrolls or adding more then 1 clicky item. I'm f2p and would rather not buy a pack for a single purpose.

My bard(which I like to solo) is unable to cast deathward herself, the only other method of getting deathward is by lugging along a hireling which I don't use beyond making it cast the spell and having it sit at the entrance till I need it re-casted. If I'm lucky I'll find a deathward scroll or two in the auction house which elimates the need for a hireling for one maybe two quests.
    Splinterskull's clickie isn't the ONLY reason to get this pack OP. It is a good reason, but I think the fact that you can window farm this on a TR from lvl 4-8 quickly and easily make it an excellent low-level source of XP for those who have it available.

And the Visor isn't exclusive, so you can have multiples of the clickie! =)
    Smrti on Khyber

Is it based on a percentile roll what end rewards you get? Ive soloed Splinterskull 4 times so far and havent had any luck yet. Got the a decent clicky, rage 3/day but no Flesh Render goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer420 View Post
    Is it based on a percentile roll what end rewards you get? Ive soloed Splinterskull 4 times so far and havent had any luck yet. Got the a decent clicky, rage 3/day but no Flesh Render goggles.
    Maybe you're just unlucky?

They drop often enough!

Splinterskull has some other reasonable end rewards which are nice twinkage for new toons.

You should be at the mabar event farming motes and trading them in for deathward pots. 25 motes =1 pot. Probs one of the best items that comes from the event for low level toons. They also come from the other festivault event in form of cookies. Plus the clicky reward you guys are talking bout.

Basically deathward is everywhere, you just gotta work for it a bit.

Wow really?

I have like, 8 or 9. I finally stopped taking them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    Also, there are no Death Ward Scrolls, OP.
    They do drop rarely, maybe at certain levels aswell.
    Last edited by FastTaco; 07-31-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Get a cleric hireling with DW buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravoc-DDO View Post
    Get a cleric hireling with DW buff.
    Hard to do with a party of 6.

Hard to do with a party of 6.
    Then you should have the healer cast it on you. DW is pretty much mandatory to have slotted.

Quote Originally Posted by FastTaco View Post
    They do drop rarely in chests, but other then that I have the option of buying a pack I don't want when I do want many others. 20 favor runs that take 30+ mins each = 500 favor so I need to be picky because its incredibly boring to farm favor. Or collecting a few cookies/pots from festivals. ;/
    Show me a screenshot of a Death Ward Scroll. Never seen one.

Probably missed my memo but I have stated this in many threads in the past......farm the collectibale bag drops from the monsters in the first Necro Crypt series.........Sanguine, Immortal, Burning, Crimson, and Bloody.
    Mark of the Favor, Ring of the Abbot, and one other I forgoet the name of.

The collector in necro, forget if it's the guy or girl will randomly give you FoM and Deathward scrolls.

Also for any up and coming new wizards they are also fond of handing out inscription materials (expensive!!!! yikes) and lower level pull only scrolls for mem'ing.

Apparently I missed the memo too, I wasn't aware that you can get deathward/FOM scrolls for the turn-ins. Thankee for the info.

As for the deathward scroll screenshot, I linked them to TheDearLeader in game. He's a believer now

Then you should have the healer cast it on you. DW is pretty much mandatory to have slotted.
    Brilliant idea! If I had personal cleric to run around and wipe my nose for me, I wouldnt need the clicky would I? The fact that Im making an effort to get one, shows that I understand its essential......

Parties need healers? If you are in a party that needs a healer, you are in a raid or one of the very few quests where you need a healer. If you are in neither of those quest types and the party requires a healer, you should get out of that party.

Even when they can UMD their own stuff? OP's character is a bard. They can UMD their own healing(heal scrolls) and can wand/scroll any healing spell they can cast if they don't want to use their blue bar for healing(some bards don't have healing enhancements for their SP.) They also mentioned having a pocked cleric just for Deathward but if you join a party that has five other people, taking that pocket cleric isn't going to be an option.

OP, you may want to find some kind of deathblock item. It covers some of the stuff that deathward does. Not everything but it is better than nothing if you can't get the spell.
    Last edited by KillEveryone; 11-27-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post

As for the deathward scroll screenshot, I linked them to TheDearLeader in game. He's a believer now
    Oh, good- I didn't want to have to go in game, find one, SS it, jpeg it, host it, and link it.

+1 to you!
    EDIT: Bah, I'll have to owe you the rep.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

I doubt they will ever put another deathward item in game or else no one would buy necro 1-3.

you could get a silver flame ammy, just as good as deathward for most things if you upgrade it to the 10 charge one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast