Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Devil Assault dropping DR beater handwraps?

did anyone got some interesting handwraps from the quest?

I've been told that on hard setting, silver & holy everything drops. ( I have yet to see it after a few runs myself.)
    Calamitous Intent***The Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by tchurvul View Post
    ...I even took his robe as a trophy. It's so comfortable..and it reminds me of the sweet sweet taste of victory. All who oppose me meet such a fate, so let it be a lesson to you.
    773-360

Community Member

I did a few runs, failed to see holy/silver anything, let alone handwraps and so got discouraged and gave up. I have a particular aversion to farming for random drops. My perception is the chance to get what you want is so tiny you could do it forever and still be disappointed.

My guild runs this on Elite at least once or twice a day. Most of the coolest stuff we got from it was from the very first day of running it, which included one of the Red Augment Crystals of Devil's Ruin. Sometimes we still get Boot/Shroud mats, the occasional astral diamond... but often the chest is just a bunch of absolute garbage.

Still haven't seen anything I'd classify as a "DR Buster", or "Devil Beater", etc, in any weapon permutation. Every time, we make sure we have 6 level 18-20s in party to loot the chests. Even had a Half-Orc mojo it once so far, to no avail.

I'm not quite sure what's going on with it. But it does not seem to be the "Phat Loots" as advertised.

I have done this on epic 4 or 5 times and never seen a DR breaking handwrap for anyone in the group. In those runs I've seen all the red augments (including the elusive and valuable Devil's ruin) but never Holy/silver handwraps. I have not heard of these dropping from anyone I know who runs this often on epic either.
    700+ HP? 90+ AC? TWF DPS and Hate?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=326756

Community Member

disappointing indeed.

i bought the pack today with the sale and i was hoping it would give me at least a fair chance of a silver/good handwraps...
    i'll give it a try nonetheless

edit: i think the silver/good weapons drop pnly in normal and hard. so farming on hard would be the best choice due to the better ML of items

Quote Originally Posted by krogyy View Post
    edit: i think the silver/good weapons drop pnly in normal and hard. so farming on hard would be the best choice due to the better ML of items
    That's what they said when they released the current version of it. Norm & Hard Devil beaters, Elite & Epic better/named loot and ingredients. I might ransack it on hard when I get time again, but I don't have my hopes up.
    Calamitous Intent***The Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by tchurvul View Post
    ...I even took his robe as a trophy. It's so comfortable..and it reminds me of the sweet sweet taste of victory. All who oppose me meet such a fate, so let it be a lesson to you.
    773-360

ran it once on normal, got a +2 holy cold iron greataxe. seems to be working fine to me.

Normal and Hard only drop extra DR-breakers.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Red face

if it helps, the necro 2 pack final quest (the shadow crypt for those that are interested) can drop a named metalline pure good handwrap, the name is Devout Handwraps. i have them on my monk, but it took me roughly 12 runs to get them, and theyre only available in the optional big chest at the end, which requires gathering 1 extra of each color gear. hope this helps you guys

Community Member

I pulled +2 Flametouched holy handwraps from normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Innuruk View Post
    I pulled +2 Flametouched holy handwraps from normal.
    Unfortunately, not a DR breaker for devil bosses. You need silver and good. In fact, Flametouched is entirely redundant on Holy weapons. I suspect you just got a normal random loot-gen handwrap.

Devil Assault can produce evil-outsider oriented weapons on Normal or Hard difficulty, and Shroud or ToD boot ingredients on Elite or Epic difficulty. Epic difficulty can also drop some special augment crystals.

Higher difficulties tend to drop better or more stuff.

I've only seen shroud and boot ingrediants myself. Been running elite.

I haven't seen any DR beating weapons in the few runs I've done since the recent changes but I did receive a red augment crystal of aligned planes from the end chest on Elite difficulty.

Exclamation

I've pulled 4 large devil scales and numerous other drops since update 7. So I run Elite a few times per week for that alone. Only the final chest seems to drop the good stuff.

So for farming larges it can be efficent depending on your luck. The party makeup is more forgiving than the Shroud and it takes about 25 minutes to complete (no timer).
    -------------------
    Anatir the Wild Man - Pure Barbarian
    Baldornix Magnus - Paladin 1st Life, Bard 2nd Life, Favored Soul 3rd Life
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Devil Assault can produce evil-outsider oriented weapons on Normal or Hard difficulty, and Shroud or ToD boot ingredients on Elite or Epic difficulty. Epic difficulty can also drop some special augment crystals.

Higher difficulties tend to drop better or more stuff.
    A lot of people consider devil beaters (especially devil-beater handwraps) to be better than the Shroud mediums that drop with a vengeance on Epic.

Could you consider adding the same ML10 beaters from Hard to the Elite and Epic loot tables?

Edit: Oh and overall, great work on Devil Assault Epic - it's great to have a real alternative for acquiring Larges to Shroud grinding; one that's entertaining and challenging to geared capped toons, and the extra rewards (dungeon tokens, augments, frequent astral diamond drops etc) were IMO really well chosen for this pack.
    Last edited by sirgog; 12-02-2010 at 09:20 AM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    A lot of people consider devil beaters (especially devil-beater handwraps) to be better than the Shroud mediums that drop with a vengeance on Epic.

Could you consider adding the same ML10 beaters from Hard to the Elite and Epic loot tables?
    At the time that we created the tables, we figured that by level 18 most people would already possess decent devil-beaters, so they wouldn't be nearly as attractive as other stuff.

I, or guildmates, have pulled several X metal of pure good/holy X metal weapons. Just note that you won't always get the weapon type you want, or the metal you want. Cold Iron and Byeshk will also show up, not just Silver. I don't think Adamantine can show up but I'm not sure.

A +2 Cold Iron Scimitar of Pure Good, +3 Holy Silver-threaded Handwraps, and a few lesser items dropped on normal. The handwraps may have been one of the rare 'upgrade to the next loot level' drops like in Mindsunder's chest.

Hard I didn't run quite as much, but there was still a +3 Silver Bastard Sword of Pure Good, and a +3 or +4 Byeshk Greatsword of Pure Good.

As far as elite goes, the same as everyone else. Lots of Shroud small and mediums, an occasional large, and an occasional boot ingredient. It's still worth doing when you're on Shroud timer and you've already ransacked Sins and New Invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    At the time that we created the tables, we figured that by level 18 most people would already possess decent devil-beaters, so they wouldn't be nearly as attractive as other stuff.
    Regarding the epic loot tables Eladrin. This quest isn't really worth the risk/reward. Large ingredients are nice but mediums dropping here really hurts. I can get more large ingredients from farming sins solo on my wizard. The augment crystals are a good idea but they are not dropping frequently enough for anyone to consider using them. Either drop the temporary status of these or increase the drop rates. Adding scroll drops for the chronosphere raid here too would be a nice help.

Sorry for the ot monks.

Regarding the devil beaters. A guildie pulled a pair of +4 holy silver threaded wraps from hard the day quest was released. A really nice set but farming for something this specific is really a headache. Each person from one of the chests gets a chance (about one in 6 people will get one occasionally two) at getting a holy or pure good metallic weapon. This means the tables are flooded with many x prefix byeshk of pure good and that can come in many weapon types. With quite a few sackings of this I have yet to see aother pair of handwraps drop let alone a good combo of one.
    Ghallanda Rerolled
    LeLodar LeLothian LeLoki LeLoman LeLonia LeLog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast