Default Important clickies?

I keep 6 kinds of clicky gear. Invis, Detect secret doors, and heroism, neutralize poison, remove fear, and remove curse. (the last 2 get used rather rarely so far) I love them. I'm trying to swap up my 2x 3 charge models on DSD and Invis to a single 5 charge item (heroism is too key... I may carry 2 5 charges...) and that got me to thinking.

What are the best randomly generated clickies? Are there any keys ones besides the above? I'm a divine caster, so that may affect my choices but I'd like to hear about ones that are key even if I don't need them.

One thing I've found, is I don't like short timer clickies. Shield is great... but 1 minute is just too short to do much (well, OK for secret doors due to the non-combat angle). Invis's 3 mins is pretty good. Heroism is 5, and I'd rather it were more as I like having that up near constantly. Rage is similar to Shield, and Haste is even worse. So far I haven't been bothering with those for while now, although I'm not sure if my stance is the correct one.

I've noticed that wands sometimes cast at a higher lvl, but it seems that clickies are always the lowest lvl possible. True? And are clickies always either 1, 3 or 5 charges?

depending on ur race/lvl u can get stuff to last really long. my level 13 cleric with dragon mark invis can eak about 25 mins with extend running
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissyl View Post
    Because weapons are OP!
    My Builds: Tempest Kensai of Zen

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull
    I've noticed that wands sometimes cast at a higher lvl, but it seems that clickies are always the lowest lvl possible. True?
    Clickables that come from randomly generated items will use the lowest spell level. Clickables from named items can bend this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull
    And are clickies always either 1, 3 or 5 charges?
    Indeed, if the item is randomly generated.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Grease. and Expeditious Retreat...awesomeness

I think you covered all the basic for clickies on non-named items. There are plenty of great named items with good clickies, like planar gird (and one of the Amrath necklaces) that have a charge of Greater Heroism. There are some with higher level versions of shield/nightshield

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull View Post
    I've noticed that wands sometimes cast at a higher lvl, but it seems that clickies are always the lowest lvl possible. True? And are clickies always either 1, 3 or 5 charges?
    Yes, on both accounts, but named items can break those patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cataclysm View Post
    I think you covered all the basic for clickies on non-named items. There are plenty of great named items with good clickies, like planar gird (and one of the Amrath necklaces) that have a charge of Greater Heroism. There are some with higher level versions of shield/nightshield

Yes, on both accounts, but named items can break those patterns.
    I'm curious how long Greater Heroism lasts. I fear short... and with 1 charge on an expensive item, doesn't really seem worth it to me (unless I pull one anyway...).

Higher level shield clickie on the other hand... definitely interests me. I have a AC in the useable level, and 4 AC is huge. The only issue is my AC is best vs. trash mobs, and worse vs. bosses. Whereas a short clicky is best vs. bosses... Any idea what that is or where it is from?

7. 11-20-2010, 02:25 PM

not really relevant to you but solid fog x5 for hound tanking, and aid for immediately putting an incap person on their feet regardless of healing curse/deathwarded pale master etc.

oh, and the ubiquitous divine power clickies.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    We like the fact it’s a choice as suppose to, “hell we just kill yonder dragon cause we’re OP”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I say we take off and nerf the whole game from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Community Member

Greater Heroism is 11 minutes, and a great clickie. I usually cover my needs with 2 on a character, often just one. 22 is definitely plenty between shrines.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    Greater Heroism is 11 minutes, and a great clickie. I usually cover my needs with 2 on a character, often just one. 22 is definitely plenty between shrines.
    oooh... 11 minutes. No wonder a 1 charge clicky is so valuable. Got to get me one...

Still curious if shield is one of those clickies where a named item has a higher level effect. Great spell, lousy duration.

Still curious if shield is one of those clickies where a named item has a higher level effect.
    Unfortunately not right now. A couple years ago the Titan cookie effect was 5 minutes of shield but I doubt we will ever see that again. On the plus side, shield is one of those spells you can find with higher caster levels on wands.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

oooh... 11 minutes. No wonder a 1 charge clicky is so valuable. Got to get me one...

Still curious if shield is one of those clickies where a named item has a higher level effect. Great spell, lousy duration.
    Shield, no. Nightshield, yes. It won't give you the ac bonus, but will protect you from magic missile type attacks from most sources.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Oh. And to add to your list of useful clickies:
    - If you’re not a full BaB class Divine Power clickies are sweet.
    - Prayer comes in clickie form and is a nice 1 minute buff for classes that can’t cast it.
    - Fire Shield and Cold Shield can be found in cookie form. (And Cold can come in a special potion form.)
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

As a divine caster try to get a superior ardor clicky. While it is better than any potency you can carry, you will also have a free hand to swing a weapon.

At low levels I have a Bulls Strength clicky with me.
    But it is the same as Neutralize Poison, Remove Disease, Remove Curse, Lesser Restoration etc... You can buy it in potions, clickies save some platinum.

Talking click me!

As stated above, Superior Ardor is a must. I carry 2 Sup Ard clickies, and 2 heroism clickies.
    Why two of each?
    The Sup. Ard. is self explainitory. (If you are a Radiant, this even helps your Aura and Burst.)
    Heroism, becuase it is nice to be able to buff another person, including myself with a Heroism. ( great for a trapper who is just not finding what they are seaching for, or for a Squishy who takes a lil too much dmg)
    Also, Expidious retreat is sweet for the," run away!" moments, or simply because as a Healbot, the Medic can't arrive fast enough.
    Detect secret doors, yup, also a good one.
    as for the remove poisen i use a wand, but if you've got no UMD, yup, a clicky or potion is good.

And, also as stated above, Grease Clicky is a great one to have just to have some fun

I forgot about my Ardor clickies... I do carry two of those (plus a Devotion item for between fights). I need to remember to use them more, but I'm getting better at using them for boss fights. With 18 mins, I can almost just keep it on at all times, but I tend to go pretty long between shrining.

oooh and the spell point clickies... cause you can never have enough of them
    amulet from korthos
    ring of spell storing
    bauble
    and epic ring of spell storing