Community Member

Default No Hireling hotbar (aka 'idiots do not do as you please bar)

I upgraded to a new widescreen today (no new drivers needed) and now my 'idiots' hotbar is nowhere to be found.

I've tryed moving all my hotbars and screen 'bits' around and nada, 'idiot' cant be contacted by any means, not that he usually listens much anyway.

No system updates since yesterday, and it was working find last night.

Contacted GM, said to put in tech advice, done. However that could take days and I rely on my 'idiot' a lot when running solo on slayers.

Anyone got any ideas on this. I did see it mentioned in market last night briefly so it seems I may not be the only one having this issue.

This is going to really restrict my current gameplay since I'll be relying on pug groups to even try get any xp atm.

(edit)

The second I submitted this thread my 'idiots' hotbar appeared after a 'minimize to desktop bug I've been having' Really odd

Either the tickets been sorted out already, or one of you guys in here 'thought' about the fix and it worked pro-activly haha.
    Last edited by talismannn; 11-19-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Which hireling is it? Have you tried a different hireling to see if it effects more than one?

**Edit
    Oh sure, beat me in an edit...
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Hopefully the issues sorted, I'll know better once i finish this run and go buy a couple new random hirelings to test it. Still no idea what caused the bug though and it was two different cleric hirlings on 3 different characters. So was a system setting bug somehow not a toon specific one.

I'm wondering if the new screen res had hidden it 'out of screen' and the minimize, which uses a different screen res somehow kicked it back onto the active screen.

If I get it again I'll try alt tab out and see if thats a possible fix for this bug.

(edit)

Confirmed. alt tab resets each 'idiot' hotbar back to the screen. Only had to do it once for each different type of idiot. The new screen res must have somehow pushed them off the bottom of the screen (even though its more screen space), Alt tab out bring them back into play.
    Last edited by talismannn; 11-19-2010 at 04:51 PM.