Default Toggled feat -- how can I tell if it is on?

Improved Precise Shot is a toggled feat. If I put it into a hotbar and click it, an endlessly circling red border appears. If I click it again, it disappears. Which one is "on" and which is "off"?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

On is when the red border spins around the icon!
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L11)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.

Community Member

The circling red border should signify on. Same with power attack or any other toggleable feat / skill.

Funny enough, for the longest time, I didn't have any idea that you could turn OFF improved precise shot or a number of the other feats / skillls. I just took it for granted that they always stayed on. Caused difficulty from time to time.
    It occurs to me that the dice are being rolled by the same computer that's trying to kill me. It knows all the moves - it's just toying with me.

I can see it with some other toggled feats, but why would you ever want Improved Precise Shot to be off?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Circling border graphic means ON, just like Metamagic feats.

Also easy to test. If you can fire THROUGH enemies, causing them damage, and into the targeted enemy at the back of the crowd it is ON. If you fire PAST enemies, not causing damage, and into the targeted enemy at the back of the crowd it is OFF and regular Precise Shot is being passively used.

Best to turn off in quests like Sleeping Dust, where you only want to hit Ogres, not Spiders.