Thread: XP/Min Rating

Question XP/Min Rating

Well, I find myself eating my words and whereas I was never overly concerned with this number in the past and just enjoyed the game as I went......now with all the things DDO is adding and wanting to try them out, it being in your best interest to have a lot of high level toons as quick as you can to farm crafting ingredients, and the grind of TR'ing.....I now find myself very concerned with this number.

So just as a general guide, not talking about names of quests here but something any person can use to figure out whether they are wasting their precious time if they are trying to level as fast as possible, could anyone punch in the numbers to the following ratings......

Excellent
    Very Good
    Moderate
    Not even worth doing for favor

Again...just looking for xp/min amounts....example 150-250 would be considered excellent and 25-50 would be considered not even worth doing for favor....not sure about those numbers just using as an example of what I am looking for.

Thanks

Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

Quote Originally Posted by vVAnjilaVv View Post
    Well, I find myself eating my words and whereas I was never overly concerned with this number in the past and just enjoyed the game as I went......now with all the things DDO is adding and wanting to try them out, it being in your best interest to have a lot of high level toons as quick as you can to farm crafting ingredients, and the grind of TR'ing.....I now find myself very concerned with this number.

So just as a general guide, not talking about names of quests here but something any person can use to figure out whether they are wasting their precious time if they are trying to level as fast as possible, could anyone punch in the numbers to the following ratings......

Excellent
    Very Good
    Moderate
    Not even worth doing for favor

Again...just looking for xp/min amounts....example 150-250 would be considered excellent and 25-50 would be considered not even worth doing for favor....not sure about those numbers just using as an example of what I am looking for.

Thanks

Well, it depends quite a lot. A few quests do stand out, of course (Shadow Crypt). I will, however, state that most 'powerleveler's' definition of good xp/min starts at around 1,000/min, and many will work for even higher than that. This number roughly equates to 30 hours of questing to cap a non-TR.
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

The number can also vary from player to player as everyone moves, clears, etc at different speeds. Unless the quest is basically run to the end as fast as you can (less and less of these nowadays) xp/min is really more about the player and how fast they can get through a quest.

Ive tr'd many alts and have found myself less concerned with xp/min and more concerned with making sure I have enough xp at high levels so I can avoid running the same content to death.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns