Thread: AoE damage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default AoE damage

Someone told me a while back, that in PnP, AoE spells gave friendly damage...specifically WoF. I mean, that sounds like good time in a pug to me! I've never played PnP though, but I'm sure someone here can steer in the right direction.

Community Member

Entirely true.

AoE Spells hit everything in their Area of Effect, they don't play favorites.

That's actually one of the things that annoy me about DDO. I miss my (un)friendly fire.

Of course, the flip side of the coin is that enemy spells would also affect themselves, so players could basically taunt the enemy into nuking themselves...especially all those undead that cast Wall of Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirkan View Post
    Entirely true.

AoE Spells hit everything in their Area of Effect, they don't play favorites.

That's actually one of the things that annoy me about DDO. I miss my (un)friendly fire.

Of course, the flip side of the coin is that enemy spells would also affect themselves, so players could basically taunt the enemy into nuking themselves...especially all those undead that cast Wall of Fire.
    Nice! If that's the case, I wonder how many of these supposed PnP fanatic's would actually want this changed...

Community Member

I do, for one.

It's not going to happen, primarily because of the grieving potential and the ability to taunt enemy spellcasters into killing themselves on their own, say, Blade Barrier.

It could be that PvP fix people have been looking for! Mwahahaha.

Seriously though, you're right. There's too many d-bags to make it work.