Exclamation Another Player Has Requested My Password

I am fairly new to gaming only been playing about a year, (strictly DDO). I finally flagged for The Shroud raid and I am hoping it doesn't go like what I just experienced. I sent a tell to the raid leader to make sure the party was 'newb' friendly. Iwas first asked for my character name which is posted in the chat bar at the head of my tell. I was then asked for my password. Is this a request for my personal account info or the 'secret knock' or 'handshake' I must divine before I'm worthy of 'initiated crafting'?

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyez View Post
    I am fairly new to gaming only been playing about a year, (strictly DDO). I finally flagged for The Shroud raid and I am hoping it doesn't go like what I just experienced. I sent a tell to the raid leader to make sure the party was 'newb' friendly. Iwas first asked for my character name which is posted in the chat bar at the head of my tell. I was then asked for my password. Is this a request for my personal account info or the 'secret knock' or 'handshake' I must divine before I'm worthy of 'initiated crafting'?
    Never, ever, ever, ever give out your password.

What server do you play on?

Community Member

Do never share user name or password. Report the guy for try to get information about your password and user name
    and read the eula.
    Last edited by haclya; 11-08-2010 at 04:01 PM.

If this ever happens again, click on the characters name that sent you a tell (preferably on the exact tell that was requesting it) and immediately click "Report Harassment". This is absolutely unacceptable behavior in any game and should be reported, even if asking as a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

It wasn't me, but maybe I started a trend?

Like Stainer said, never give you password out. He may have been joking around, or his guild gives out a password for friends to join their Shroud runs but this all sounds shady to me.

I hate Kobolds!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    Don't ask questions you don't really want the answer to... What happens on Khyber...stays on Khyber.

Default I have the original

It is in my chat box now and that was my first instinct. I will do it now.

Screenshot it also.
    Thornton, Human Ranger (Sarlona&Cannith)
    Azhik, Dwarf Tempest
    Thrum, Dwarf Hunter of Undead
    Wencislaus, Human Radiant Servant.

Giving out your password is like giving out the keys to your house to someone you don't know. Maybe they are legit but most likely they will rob you blind. This applies anywhere, not just video games. Even your bestest friend in the whole wurld should not have your password to anything (SO's may be an exception but that's for you to decide.)

Report them and never give your password out.
    Cannith - Falconsbane(8 - 3rd life), NeedOil (14), NeedMead, Needfood, hobbitarcher(5)
    Sarlona - Zebidiahh (19.8), Anotherpers(20), Smurgh(16), Falconsbane(14), Needoil(15)
    The first rule of the trashcan guild is expect to die...
    There is no second rule.

Might be jumping to conclusions, might have been a raid leader joking that you needed a password to join his raid when he was only posting a lfm for certain people.

Regardless, never give out your account password to anyone. If you need a shroud walkthru, you can always go watch it on youtube or find a friendly guild to lead you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Might be jumping to conclusions, might have been a raid leader joking that you needed a password to join his raid when he was only posting a lfm for certain people.

Regardless, never give out your account password to anyone. If you need a shroud walkthru, you can always go watch it on youtube or find a friendly guild to lead you.
    Well if it is innocent then the raid leader can explain it to the GM's.

If he cant...i say kick that raid leader as far from Turbine and its player base as possible.
    The kind of person who would ask for your user name/password is not welcome here...or anywhere i go. They are animals to be hunted for sport and public health reasons. Hunted to extinction!