Community Member

Default greater hearts sales (i missed the 50%!!!)

So, I hadn't unlocked 32 pt build yet when greater hearts were on that 50% sale.

Is this likely to happen again any time soon? Or even a 20% one? I'm curious if I would be better off just powering up to 20, favor farming to unlock fvs then doing a true reincarnate from tokens instead of hoping for one of these sales.

It doesn't look like I can hold out hopes for a chest drop.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

announcing ahead of time when things are going on sale would kinda kill sales in the short term wouldnt it?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

announcing ahead of time when things are going on sale would kinda kill sales in the short term wouldnt it?
    I wasn't really asking DDO per se. I was just trying to get a feel for if other people have seen these sales super rarely or rather often.

As for advertising your sales ahead of time it's definitely a good thing to do within a week or three of a sale. They do this on the site. Just like any major retail industry does, making your consumers aware of the sales is a way to increase the sales to people who would otherwise not have bought. As for the short term, anyone who is going to pay full price probably already does. That tiny percent that might have paid full price but waits for a sale is still buying, and the lost profit is offset by the increase in sales to people who wouldn't have bought.
    Last edited by neclon; 11-11-2010 at 04:39 PM.

I don't think hearts go on sale very often. That said, I don't often track the sales very often either. But, I bought a true heart this past weekend, since they were 20% off.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Completionist! || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

The worst part is that you probably could have bought one by checking "show all-yes", and just keeping it around until you did have 32pt access...
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Community Member

The worst part is that you probably could have bought one by checking "show all-yes", and just keeping it around until you did have 32pt access...
    I think I tried that. Required 32 pt build access just to buy it.