Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The real solution for PvP

Okay, I've been hearing all this whining about P.v.P and I figured a solution! Leave everything the same except add a simple feature. When challenging a player you may be able to "stake" something. Whoever wins, keeps both the stakes. It's that easy. You are still able to go into brawl for fun and not have any risk. You are still able to challenge parties and people just don't put a stake up. This way both people must agree to the terms (type of brawling area stash and pit I believe and the time settings) person or party with most kills wins the stake.

If multiple people in the party are staking then the platinum is divided between the group and if there are items involved, the items go to the party leader to further be divided equally or however they want!

Check out my guild If you want at www.guildblaze.tk level 16 looking for all
    Last edited by D_O_Double_R; 11-06-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Not sure Coding time is necessary for this one, as the terms can be agreed to beforehand, and then exchanged via trade window. If you think someone is not reputable, don't put up stakes.

And seriously, a guild plug? maybe put it in your signature if you're that hardcore about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Community Member

Default The even more real solution to PvP

Just remove it entirely. While it can be fun when you are REALLY bored (And I am talking about being REALLY bored, not just being bored), it makes for posts like these. Any time the devs spend on PvP is spending time on something most (like, 95% at least I would guess) does not want the devs to spend time on. And while some of the suggestions are less time-consuming than others, its still a waste of time. I would rather have new content finished 5 minutes earlier than some useless feature added to PvP. + that this would also be imba as you can bet BtC gear to transfer it to other people and thus "sell" BtC gear which probably would ruin the economy in the game.

PvP is str8 gayngstuh.
    you changed, bro...

Quote Originally Posted by toughguyjoe View Post
    Not sure Coding time is necessary for this one, as the terms can be agreed to beforehand, and then exchanged via trade window. If you think someone is not reputable, don't put up stakes.

And seriously, a guild plug? maybe put it in your signature if you're that hardcore about it.
    People who PvP are the type that wont be happy if they lose and probably wont give you the items or platinum... This creates a way to have a reward for PvP and people know they will get the reward if they win.

Don't like it, then don't stake or PvP! It's that simple.

Why remove PvP? dont like it dont do it. every time i walk into the wayward i see several people pvping

Quote Originally Posted by D_O_Double_R View Post
    People who PvP are the type that wont be happy if they lose and probably wont give you the items or platinum... This creates a way to have a reward for PvP and people know they will get the reward if they win.

Don't like it, then don't stake or PvP! It's that simple.
    If people who PVP are the type that wouldn't honor a bet that they made, would we want to do ANYTHING for them?

I mean it's fine to bet on PVP. Put up stakes with people who are honorable.

Pwn those who are not, and laugh at them. You don't need their items or plat to make yourself feel better.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

The sad truth is that people won't usually honor their bets if you don't want to stake then don't do it no one is making you...

This will fix the problem where people aren't honoring their bets and it will create a place where good pvpers are rewarded and bad pvpers lose. You can only lose what you stake..

The whole point of this is to HAVE A REWARD for people who are good at pvp at the risk that they may also lose.

You may also go to normal brawl if you don't want a reward or loss...
    Last edited by D_O_Double_R; 11-06-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Community Member

Why remove PvP? dont like it dont do it. every time i walk into the wayward i see several people pvping
    Sure, thats okay. But the fact is that as long as there is PvP there will be threads like this. And eventually the devs may even go as far as wasting some of their time on PvP which is something that they shouldn't do. If these threads could disappear, then sure, leave PvP as is. But dont spend time on trying to improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kominalito View Post
    PvP is str8 gayngstuh.

I see what you did.

PvP is in already, so I can't see it ever getting removed. Throwing any more dev time towards it would be counter-productive.
    Adding a betting window could even have implications on the Teen rating - not sure what the ESRB guidelines say about virtual [inter-player type] gambling, but real world gambling is 21+, so...

[editted to seperate the subject from the scam NPC games already in game. Maybe doesn't matter, I dunno.]
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 11-08-2010 at 05:58 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

The sad truth is that people won't usually honor their bets if you don't want to stake then don't do it no one is making you......
    With so few pvpers you think the jerks would be noticed quickly.

Funny thing is, people have been running tournaments for stakes for years and they seem to work just fine. Unless you are suggesting the standard PvP crowd is less honorable and trustworthy than the folks who just show up fora dodgathon or other one time only event.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    With so few pvpers you think the jerks would be noticed quickly.

Funny thing is, people have been running tournaments for stakes for years and they seem to work just fine. Unless you are suggesting the standard PvP crowd is less honorable and trustworthy than the folks who just show up fora dodgathon or other one time only event.
    The folks you mean are the folks putting their time in to running player events - to renege on a prize when a lot of folks are watching would be virtual suicide. Not quite the same as the average PvPer standing behind a personal bet.

As for the first, aye it's pretty easy to pick out the jerks from the PvP crowd.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Pvp is the backbone of this game. Players should actually be forced to pvp 4 hours a day...

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kamo View Post
    Pvp is the backbone of this game. Players should actually be forced to pvp 4 hours a day...
    Epic first post lol

+rep for comedy value

Okay, I've been hearing all this whining about P.v.P and I figured a solution! Leave everything the same except add a simple feature. When challenging a player you may be able to "stake" something. Whoever wins, keeps both the stakes. It's that easy. You are still able to go into brawl for fun and not have any risk. You are still able to challenge parties and people just don't put a stake up. This way both people must agree to the terms (type of brawling area stash and pit I believe and the time settings) person or party with most kills wins the stake.

If multiple people in the party are staking then the platinum is divided between the group and if there are items involved, the items go to the party leader to further be divided equally or however they want!

Check out my guild If you want at www.guildblaze.tk level 16 looking for all

In addition a new special PvP rule could be introduced. Dying while PvPing would permanently lower the constitution by 1 as well. ,)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by diamabel View Post
    In addition a new special PvP rule could be introduced. Dying while PvPing would permanently lower the constitution by 1 as well. ,)
    Why? That would make it hard for the losers to ever get any better at pvping. In fact it would make them worse. eventually their Con. stat would suck. That aint right.

... Are you trying to make pvp unpopular? 'Cause it should be fun. Not hard and frustrating for everybody but the elites.
    Last edited by Silent_One; 12-09-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Doing this would only increase the amount of whines that will appear on the forums.

"Wah! I lost my +1 shortsword! Call the whambulance!" -newbie level 4 fighter

Wink

Level 20 Ranger/AA here.

I agree dont place too much faith on PvP. And dont waste the devs time on it. We only use it between guild member friends and most of us dont like it that much anyways. Let the devs use their time wisely. But I do like that "stake" idea.
    Realizing how many accidental Idiots were created....HE took a day off to get away. ....He hasn't been back since.
    Suicide Hotline 1-800-Pokemon-Go.

The one change that I would really like to see implemented for PvP is to give the Wayward Lobster a seperate instanced general chat channel that doesn't broadcast into the Harbor.

Proud officer of Crate and Barrel Smashing, LLC

Community Member

The best thing to do to pvp is nothing. If they improve it, that takes time, and if they remove it, that also takes time that they could be using to fix bugs or write new content.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast