Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Lets make PVP interesting

Pvp no risk no reward. Instead of having no penalties for death in the Pvp arenas, how about the following.
    Upon death the losing characters inventory will be opened to the victorious character. This character will be allowed to pick any one item from that inventory with the exception of items that have been bought from the DDO store. This would include plat, bound to account, and bound to character items. Yes your greensteel, dragon, and all of your other items will be at risk.
    For the winners, you will receive 100 xp per level of the character killed plus whatever one item you want from his inventory.

\flame on

lol. thats great.

wait, you're serious? i bet you played 12sky.
    you changed, bro...

oh boy..here we go again...
    "I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...
    Learn to swim..."

"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion"

This would be an awesome idea. It would turn the pvp pits into a naked fighting area because nobody would bring equipment into them. It might even be enough to cause the PVP areas to become completely abandoned thus allowing them to be shut down permanently.

Cool, now we will be able to buy BtC/BtA loot.
    No, TY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    This would be an awesome idea. It would turn the pvp pits into a naked fighting area because nobody would bring equipment into them. It might even be enough to cause the PVP areas to become completely abandoned thus allowing them to be shut down permanently.
    Actully this is a great idea. Noone with anything worth having would ever consider going into a PVP arena. This could just be what we need to kill PVP entirely in DDO.

Awesome!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Cool, now we will be able to buy BtC/BtA loot.
    No, TY.
    Um, no.. you get to LOOT it.. then it becomes BTA/BTC to YOUR character

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Actully this is a great idea. Noone with anything worth having would ever consider going into a PVP arena. This could just be what we need to kill PVP entirely in DDO.

Awesome!
    It would increase business for those +1/nonmagical gear NPC vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCain View Post
    Um, no.. you get to LOOT it.. then it becomes BTA/BTC to YOUR character
    Quote Originally Posted by justhavinfun View Post
    Pvp no risk no reward. Instead of having no penalties for death in the Pvp arenas, how about the following.
    Upon death the losing characters inventory will be opened to the victorious character. This character will be allowed to pick any one item from that inventory with the exception of items that have been bought from the DDO store. This would include plat, bound to account, and bound to character items. Yes your greensteel, dragon, and all of your other items will be at risk.
    For the winners, you will receive 100 xp per level of the character killed plus whatever one item you want from his inventory.

\flame on
    New at LFM/trade chat/wherever:
    WTS (enter name of any BtC/BtA item here). U pay and I let u kill me at PvP, then u take the item.
    So yeah, this would bring possibility of trading BtC/BtAs.
    So I say no, TY.

If you want to make PvP more interesting, maybe try to do some PvP tournaments, where everyone who whishes to enter must bet some cash, and then winner or 1st, 2nd, 3rd places takes a reward. Really, any player can do something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Only if I get to take h4x's ioun stone.
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

\flame on
    H4x is that you??? Are you using an alternate account???

Off to the bowls of hell with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

(I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

It wouldn't change much, casters would still be the top kit in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!

(I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

No thank you.
    PVP is fine as it is now, a reward/consequence free way to waste time, and does not need any adjustments, changes, or alterations what so ever.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

This

Err.... wait a minute. It would be great for all us non PvPers

"Hey fellow guildie! c'mon over here. I want to pass all this bound raid loot over to my alt. Kill me and take it, and when I log my alt I'll kill you and take it back.... genius!!!"

/so not signed
    Ghallanda: Neatoelf15wiz/1rgr, Neetoelf17wiz, NeatoManhuman13rog/6pal/1mnk, NeatoHombrehuman12ftr/6pal/2rog, Kneetoedwarf17clr, Kneedoughdrow18clr/2mnk

Minimize expectations and you'll never be disappointed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    No thank you.
    PVP is fine as it is now, a reward/consequence free way to waste time, and does not need any adjustments, changes, or alterations what so ever.
    IMO, the only adjustment, alteration or change it needs is to be tossed completely. But I do understand that there are folks that actually enjoy it. Which is fine by me as long as their whining about skills/abilities that they think are over powered doesn't cause changes that affect my PvE (most recent being Monk ToD).

Now if they added some sort of level appropriate arenas it would be MUCH better. Five arenas with level distribution of 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16 and 17-20. That way you wouldn't have a couple lvl 20 wankers griefing the lower toons just trying to have a bit of fun.

Gungpao - lvl 7 mnk/ 12ftr/ 1 rog, Quinidine - lvl 20 FvS, Harshuul - lvl 20 Barb, Diluadid - lvl 20 FvS, Ibbanez- lvl 20 bard, Mongorrian 12 Ftr/6 Brb/ 2 Rog, Yellowcab 9 Wiz.

\flame on
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*gasp for air*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvn View Post
    I'm a smooth pimp who loves the *****. And Tubby here is my black man servant. What?
    Dakota's new player guide and tips <----Check this out
    New Crafting Suggestion <----This Too!

\flame on
    Ah my standard response, well 1 of 2 standard responses anyway, here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrF5x1OSJuQ

However, leave out any XP gains and take away looting of BtC/BtA gear and it certainly might be the most interesting way to kill PvP I've heard of. My only concern would be the inevitable QQing for PvP class balance from the losers.

TTFN,
    bitkaCK2
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

If you really want to make PvP interesting...

Add a very low proc chance that, every time someone dies in the pvp pit, a localized ham-storm appears.

People fighting over raining ham... Priceless.
    Mror Hold, 2nd in command - Thelanis
    Why am I a disgruntled vet? I could care less about nerfs, if the rest of the update worked.
    I hate epic, GSF !="generalist wizard", and my raid loot luck still *'in sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast