Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Part 5 of Shroud

When we say to get out, GET OUT.

That is all.
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

How about you wait until I leave WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT, and give you permission to complete.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ToKu View Post
    How about you wait until I leave WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT, and give you permission to complete.
    i like it.... shows attitude... +1

I'm confused. are you saying that if the party leader and several other party members say over voice chat and party chat to leave if you're leaving..... you should just leave? you shouldn't send nasty tells and otherwise squelch bait?

hm. this is really opening my eyes to a world of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by chester99 View Post
    I'm confused. are you saying that if the party leader and several other party members say over voice chat and party chat to leave if you're leaving..... you should just leave? you shouldn't send nasty tells and otherwise squelch bait?

hm. this is really opening my eyes to a world of possibilities.
    The problem is the number of times "leave" must be repeated. Over a dozen is not enough. A full two dozen times must people be given warning before it is ok to finish.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Quote Originally Posted by ToKu View Post
    Sure, you can send in your permission form, but it's gotta go through my mailroom of halfling slaves first (I get a lot of, um..."fanmail"). After that it's gotta be verified and notarized by the Half-Orc clerk, whom has to stare at it for a good week to figure out what all those scribbles on that piece of paper are supposed to mean. Then my personal assistant will get it to me, after she's picked up my chai mocha latte and buttered croissant from the bakery, picked up my dry cleaning, and walked my dog. She might forget about it for a couple weeks, but it'll get to me eventually. Overall I'd say you're looking at 5-6 weeks waiting period. Somehow I think I'll have completed a Shroud or 20 in that timeframe

Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    Sure, you can send in your permission form, but it's gotta go through my mailroom of halfling slaves first (I get a lot of, um..."fanmail"). After that it's gotta be verified and notarized by the Half-Orc clerk, whom has to stare at it for a good week to figure out what all those scribbles on that piece of paper are supposed to mean. Then my personal assistant will get it to me, after she's picked up my chai mocha latte and buttered croissant from the bakery, picked up my dry cleaning, and walked my dog. She might forget about it for a couple weeks, but it'll get to me eventually. Overall I'd say you're looking at 5-6 weeks waiting period. Somehow I think I'll have completed a Shroud or 20 in that timeframe
    Dont forget to get it signed by your parents. No signed slip, no school trip.

You will have to stay behind with all the other kids whos parent(s) don't love them and do schoolwork.

omg no wai! a completion??!!????!!11!!1!!
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.~ Cpt. Mal Reynolds
    ~Peechie Keene~ THAC0

D Door can be too slow for someone with a crappy computer so I just use GT scrolls. Last Shroud run, I failed a UMD check as I went to use and *BAM* completion! lol

Not bothered by it, it was just funny to me. Just another notch on the completion list. Be back at it in 2 1/2 days.
    Member of Upper Caves of Anthia on Ghallanda.
    Calamas: Racial Completionist in progress, Millitis: Bladforged Pally
    Blitzzen: Air Savant Sorc
    Ariethil: Falcon Striker Monk

For those of you on slower computers and know you're on a slower computer, just use the recall button. Why? 1 load screen on your PoS comp is faster than waiting on 2 load screens on your PoS comp. Or buy a rod of teleport and use it, or carry scrolls, or try for a royal guard mask, or /death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru2 View Post
    For those of you on slower computers and know you're on a slower computer, just use the recall button. Why? 1 load screen on your PoS comp is faster than waiting on 2 load screens on your PoS comp. Or buy a rod of teleport and use it, or carry scrolls, or try for a royal guard mask, or /death.
    This.

I refuse to throw ddoors. They are from when the shroud recall was broken, it isn't anymore. Taking ddoors is slower, and can result in a completion with no chest. /death, TP, etc does not carry that risk.

But I'm a special special little snowflake, and deserve to be treated like the individual treasure that I am!!!

THE TACO FAIRY DESERVES RESPECT!!!!
    Alexandria: ~TR~ Barb, cap. Elzibith: Barb, lvl 15. Luaidhean: Casting Cleric, cap. Premika: Battle FvS, cap. Siobhann: Battle Bard, cap. Temperrance: ~TR~ Monk, lvl 18. Treaka: ~TR~ Arti, lvl 13. Venngeance: DPS Ranger, cap. Yzabelle: ~TR~ Sorc, lvl 16
    The Sabbat, Ghallanda

I still don't get the whole not finishing deal. Either just farm part one for small shards, or finish the freaking raid.

"Hit points=DPS! You aren't doing ANY DPS when ur dead!"
    and like that,.......he was gone.

We just had this drama thread like two weeks ago... C'mon Soh, gotta get a little more creative!
    Last edited by Anthios888; 11-03-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    Rockan Robin . Rocka Red Emma . Roq Star . RockCandy Mountain . Rockna Delaflote | Build Index
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    it might make more sense for the player to re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    Didn't you just make this drama thread like two weeks ago? C'mon Soh, gotta get a little more creative.
    Eh not her fault... ppl are just slow
    "I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...
    Learn to swim..."

"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    We just had this drama thread like two weeks ago... C'mon Soh, gotta get a little more creative!
    Not my fault that people still continue to not listen to simple instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    When we say to get out, GET OUT.

That is all.
    What is this, the AmityShroudville Horror?

You know when someone hears an evil voice coming from nowhere saying "Get out" they have a tendency to linger and figure out if it was something they ate that caused them some gas that could explain the voice, and while pondering on that thought they try to figure out the answer to the question what is the meaning of life and they get overloaded and freeze in place with a slack-jawed expression as the mice that run the wheel for their brain go on strike and demand better cheese than this statement. As that is going on in front of their screen they see this little timer flip in the chat counting down to 1 and they also wonder if it's New Years Eve and is a ball dropping down and from where and when they finally realize they needed to leave the raid before completion you hear a barrage of expletives fill voice chat and nasty tells saying something about your family. But after a few seconds they become distracted a utter the phrase, "Butterfly..." and go off to do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    This.

I refuse to throw ddoors. They are from when the shroud recall was broken, it isn't anymore. Taking ddoors is slower, and can result in a completion with no chest. /death, TP, etc does not carry that risk.
    Well, as Ranmaru2 indicated, it is slower for slower computers, but slightly faster on better machines. That said, it definitely isn't necessary by any means.

I just finish. XP (while it lasts), completions, and guaranteed large ingredients means more to me than a bunch of smalls, mediums, and the bitter jealousy you feel when someone else pulls a large before part 5 and you are left contemplating the meaning of life.
    Too many toons to list, but the mains are Achewon, Westudi, and Shonufff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    This.

/death does carry that risk, albeit much less so than D-Dooring.

You can't interrupt /death once you start to 'cast' it, but it takes about three seconds to kill you. Time for a griefer to hit the altar.

When running Shrouds I tell people - if you want to leave, /death when Harry is at 25%. If you don't listen and wind up D-Dooring then standing by Quissana as the quest is completed, well, you should learn a lesson.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    When running Shrouds I tell people - if you want to leave, /death when Harry is at 25%. If you don't listen and wind up D-Dooring then standing by Quissana as the quest is completed, well, you should learn a lesson.
    ***? You tell people to leave at 25%? I have been in shrouds with 10 people leaving before completion! So, that would leave only 2 people to take Harry down the last 25%.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Best thing is to just give them a minute to finish out then a 5 second countdown before completing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast