Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

People in part 5 of the shroud are like idiots in a horror movie. The house says "GET OUT" in the creepiest voice possible while blood drips down the wall, and instead of grabbing the kids and leaving, the fool takes a flickering half working flashlight downstairs to investigate a noise he heard. The woman is usually like "while youre getting killed in the basement honey, im going to get naked and take a shower all alone upstairs, k?" In DDO the only difference is that they need to die more than once before all the gear breaks and they end up naked and crying, wishing they had left when they were told to, heh.

- So easy to kill - can strangle em with a cordless phone...
    Last edited by Chai; 11-04-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Why should he waste HIS time in Part 5 when he doesn't plan to get any reward for it?

Your guys' time is SO precious... If they had the same attitude, they would leave after Part 4.... People who stick around in Part 5 (but plan to leave) are just wasting their time to help YOU.
    I really don't care when you recall. your mission was to beat 1 portal and gtfo? gtfo. just don't yell at me when I complete with you standing there holding whatever it is you hold when not following instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by chester99 View Post
    I really don't care when you recall. your mission was to beat 1 portal and gtfo? gtfo. just don't yell at me when I complete with you standing there holding whatever it is you hold when not following instructions.
    Look, I agree with you guys that getting mad and sending tells because you didn't listen to the leader is lame...

I'm just playing devils advocate here...

The problem is many groups do give people time to leave... I agree that morons who don't pay attention when the leader says get out now deserve what they get... (I'm assuming multiple party chat and voice instructions, not just one voice message at 5% that may have been missed due to a fireball explosion being too loud)

But... would it kill you to wait 20 seconds? Like I said before, the guy DID help in Part 5 even though it gets him nothing... He's wasting 5 minutes to help you out, to repay you for getting him through parts 1-4... Can't you wait 20 seconds to help him out? To repay him for helping you through part 5?

And don't tell me you wouldn't be ****ed if someone dropped after Part 4 consistently and didn't ever help out with Part 5... That person would be blacklisted pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

simple solution:
    start typing
    hit altar

watch them scramble, and don't care. 10 sec or so is enough, and it puts the fire under their feet.

Look, I agree with you guys that getting mad and sending tells because you didn't listen to the leader is lame...

I'm just playing devils advocate here...

The problem is many groups do give people time to leave... I agree that morons who don't pay attention when the leader says get out now deserve what they get... (I'm assuming multiple party chat and voice instructions, not just one voice message at 5% that may have been missed due to a fireball explosion being too loud)

But... would it kill you to wait 20 seconds? Like I said before, the guy DID help in Part 5 even though it gets him nothing... He's wasting 5 minutes to help you out, to repay you for getting him through parts 1-4... Can't you wait 20 seconds to help him out? To repay him for helping you through part 5?

And don't tell me you wouldn't be ****ed if someone dropped after Part 4 consistently and didn't ever help out with Part 5... That person would be blacklisted pretty quick.
    Yes, it would literally kill me and no, our hypothetical player is free to leave at any time.

If he informed me and the rest of the party that that was his intention and he wasn't going to stick around for part V, then more power to him. Now if it's one of those jackasses that DC switch after Part IV, then blacklist = welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123