Thread: stacking blurs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default stacking blurs?

Do dusk and blur stack?

If so is it only the dusk on the robe, or does the one on the dusk heart stack as well?

What about shadow form from the ninja spy enhancements?

Would it be possible to get a 60% miss chance from dusk (the 20% one on the epic cloak or shadows) + blur + Ninja spy?

Just wondering cause I saw it noted in another build post that the OP thought dusk, blur and shadow form stacked.

Anyone know?

Dusk, Blur, Ghostly and Displacement do not stack. They are all concealment bonuses. Wraith form and Shadow Fade are both incorporeality, and stack multiplicatively with concealment; i.e., each incoming attack has to pass each thing to hit.

So, with Blur + Shadow fade, the miss chance is 1 - (1 - 20%) * (1 - 25%) = 40%

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    Dusk, Blur, Ghostly and Displacement do not stack. They are all concealment bonuses. Wraith form and Shadow Fade are both incorporeality, and stack multiplicatively with concealment; i.e., each incoming attack has to pass each thing to hit.

So, with Blur + Shadow fade, the miss chance is 1 - (1 - 20%) * (1 - 25%) = 40%
    Blur and displacement do stack oddly enough. I didn't think so either but it does.
    A master of appearances.
    He glides like the wind through the trees. Always ready. Always vigilant.
    His mission: to become a cameo in each of your lives, for he is always there. In your living room. In your home. At work and school. He is... Captain Cameo

Was someone able to make a determination on this? I know that when my toon with the Mabar Cloak on is the recipient of a Blur spell, I always see the buff icon show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    Was someone able to make a determination on this? I know that when my toon with the Mabar Cloak on is the recipient of a Blur spell, I always see the buff icon show up.
    What level cloak do you have? The level 12 is a 10%, so I always see Blur when it's cast on me since it boosts it to 20%.

I think these posts have been about the level 16 being a 20%, which makes blur not appear unless the cloak is off.
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    What level cloak do you have? The level 12 is a 10%, so I always see Blur when it's cast on me since it boosts it to 20%.

I think these posts have been about the level 16 being a 20%, which makes blur not appear unless the cloak is off.
    I'm playing actively with a couple of toons with the level 8 cloak. So, it very well may be that the Blur on the cloak is a lower percentage.

Community Member

Just recently in a shroud run, one character was asking for Blur repeatedly after it had already been cast. I had to tell them to take off their Cloak of Night to see that Blur was cast on them, just the cloak overwrites it.

so does this mean, because I have the cloak of night I can stop casting Blur on myself? Im wasting the cast cause I already have the blur equivalent on he robe?

Blur is 20 % yes?
    Robe is 10% yes (or is it 20% and holding a type-o when upgraded as some say)

Any harm/wast in casting blur on a cloaked wizzie like myself?

ok so I noticed last night that if you cast blur it is on you but you have to take the cloak off to see it (said above). My only question now is simple

with blur and cloak on, will the chance to miss sometimes use the cloak and sometimes use Blur? Or does double doing it not matter at all? I'm guessing the later.

If so I will save the blur for someone else. One less buff for me

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsaun View Post

with blur and cloak on, will the chance to miss sometimes use the cloak and sometimes use Blur? Or does double doing it not matter at all? I'm guessing the later.
    no real clue but normally in these situations the highest buff is used.

I am pretty sure I have read in a few places that the cloak is actually 20% (at level 16 I think?) but have not seen any dev confirmation. It may exist though.

Community Member

It does not stack.

Casting blur now is a complete waste of sp. Take it off your hotbar. Put in a diffrent spell for the slot.

Nobody needs it anymore. And you can't TELL whos wearing the cloak (most everyone high enough to wear the item) so you'll be wasting alot of sp for no reason at all most of the time.

We all just gained a spell slot! Use it. If they demand blur... Tell them to go get a cloak or duskheart or something.
    Blur is obsolete for the next few months. Unless the event comes back again. Then you can extend that out to forever as needed. :P

We need 3 minute blur pots now. To cover all those people who just HAVE to have it.

yep that's just what I was thinking! Ive just relied on blur for SO LONG!

Guess that's one more aura I can cast now. Meah, save blur for the summons