Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Quest Pranks/Practical Jokes

We've all fallen victim to them at some point, what are some of your favorites?

My list (No I've not done them, only been victimized or seen others victimized):

1. Grease when coming out of the portal in Tempest Spine (a fall from this high could be deadly)
    2. Telling the new person to open the door right before the boss in VoN 5 (I got nailed with this one)
    3. Telling someone to jump into the light to get HP and SP back in the maze in Genesis Point (me again ) - Hey it works in the pools in shroud!
    4. Dancing belt
    5. Potential new one: you CAN fall off the airship in Chronosphere. Had a guildy jumping around like crazy while we were prepping for Epic Chrono last night and he jumped off the ship and died. Many laughs were had. I'm not the prankster type but this seems like a good spot to get people to drop down for an "extra chest" or perhaps some "dreamy bacon"
    6. A good friend asked me why you could hit the wagon in meridia and turn it red and I told him if you did it for about 10-15 minutes a rez cake would drop. He believed me but I didn't have the heart to let him go through with it. I lament the fact that the wagon is no longer able to be attacked. Although I did get a good laugh out of someone's post asking the devs to re-enable it because beating on it somehow let the lag out of the shroud and with it gone the lag has been building up.
    7. Explosive charges in Undermine - the possibilities are near limitless but the best is pretending to be opening the end chest while actually setting up a charge.

What are some others you folks have seen.
    Last edited by stoolcannon; 01-09-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Community Member

Don't forget greasing the stairs in Tod and loosing both your healers fall and die.

jump off at velah end fight for secret chest at a certauin spot close to spwn and wooo two went over, bit on the evil side but sure was fun for rest of us

What I've seen and/or done...
    Get someone to pull mobs in pt 2 of Shroud while rest of group teleports out.
    Hit with a dance belt while standing in front of Velah.
    Hit with a dance belt mid-jump over spike pit in Rainbow and over jump to ADQ1.
    Using create undead scrolls to make mummy swarm in opening room of Invaders for instant despair and mummy rot for all that enter.
    Seeing if you can keep a Golem alive vs the party by using elements that heal it.
    Magical trips to The Foothold.
    Asking for people to roll on loot that isn't actually in the chest.
    Asking what house a quest is in after a PUG raid has been going a while and you are out of range of the leader.
    Ask people to gather for teleport after vale quest and then use a regular teleport instead of GT.

Potential for hilarity...
    Bracelet of friends over lava pit in The Twelve.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Grease on the pedastel in Rainbow in the Dark.

Grease pretty much anywhere in The Pit.

Betting people 1,000 plat they can't jump on top of the crate in Baudry's Part II. Curiously, you can jump *over* this crate, but you can not actually jump onto it - it shunts you off to the side. That's good for a laugh.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Completionist! || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    What I've seen and/or done...
    Get someone to pull mobs in pt 2 of Shroud while rest of group teleports out.
    Hit with a dance belt while standing in front of Velah.
    Hit with a dance belt mid-jump over spike pit in Rainbow and over jump to ADQ1.
    Using create undead scrolls to make mummy swarm in opening room of Invaders for instant despair and mummy rot for all that enter.
    Seeing if you can keep a Golem alive vs the party by using elements that heal it.
    Magical trips to The Foothold.
    Asking for people to roll on loot that isn't actually in the chest.
    Asking what house a quest is in after a PUG raid has been going a while and you are out of range of the leader.
    Ask people to gather for teleport after vale quest and then use a regular teleport instead of GT.

Potential for hilarity...
    Bracelet of friends over lava pit in The Twelve.
    Dude those are pure evil. I literally laughed till I had tears in my eyes at the first one. The thought of the look on that persons face when they got back to center with no one to be found is classic.

The golem one is pretty hilarious too.

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post

Grease pretty much anywhere in The Pit.

That is grounds for execution in 57 countries.

People who take unannounced AFKs in my party get the mummy. I wait in sneak for it to make its save vs my control, then sneak away to let it kill the AFKer. If the guy has irritated me in any other way before that, he'll come back to find his soul stone in the deepest darkest pit I could find.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Community Member

Geeze, about the only thing we've done is closing the cell doors while people smash barrels in waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by testing1234 View Post
    jump off at velah end fight for secret chest at a certauin spot close to spwn and wooo two went over, bit on the evil side but sure was fun for rest of us
    Wow, please tell me the people who you did that too deserved it or it was after they looted their chest...otherwise that was just completely ignorant on your part.

Break enchantment on the little dogs in Hound, after they've been charmed of course.

GT to the Twilight Forge.
    Wait in Sub for person to get back, then throw GT to the Necropolis.
    or
    Agree to meet the person out at the Twilight Forge to get them, as an apology for pulling the prank. Then throw a GT to the Necropolis!
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

the one i get most people with is saying in voice WOW they fixed /death count... this guy has died 4102 times man im a noob... u can watch the entire raid/party just die

Grease is always so much fun everywhere....but now that von 2 doesn't invoke a failed quest upon a fall...it's not as much fun there anymore.

Mild: Dance someone in front of Velah, or while they are pulling the four Shroud lieutenants, on in traps in a bunch of quests
    Medium: Tempest's Spine grease
    Vicious (could cause a wipe): Dance the kiter in ToD part 2, or throw a Globe of Invulnerability followed by a Grease on top of Arraetrikos in the Shroud part 4, or dance the main tank in ToD part 3, or grease the party in truly evil traps (Elite Twilight Forge comes to mind - there's a video of someone wiping a group in the elite preraid on Youtube. Elite VoD too).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by strum1 View Post
    Don't forget greasing the stairs in Tod and loosing both your healers fall and die.

Also, greasing the bridge to VoD...can't take credit for that one myself tho.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Mild: Dance someone in front of Velah, or while they are pulling the four Shroud lieutenants, on in traps in a bunch of quests
    Medium: Tempest's Spine grease
    Vicious (could cause a wipe): Dance the kiter in ToD part 2, or throw a Globe of Invulnerability followed by a Grease on top of Arraetrikos in the Shroud part 4, or dance the main tank in ToD part 3, or grease the party in truly evil traps (Elite Twilight Forge comes to mind - there's a video of someone wiping a group in the elite preraid on Youtube. Elite VoD too).
    How about:
    Vicious: Dance someone just before the final Haste is thrown in ToD 3 (before boots go on)? Then listen to them curse and hope that Horoth doesn't throw a Banish. Extra points if you use it on someone with a particularly low Will save.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

Classic: Have a shroud first timer click the alter in part 4, claiming that if first timers do it, they can get a special "first time only" chest. When everyone dies, ask them what they did wrong.
    Thelanis: Ikeren, Paladin 7. Dylas --- Cleric 21.

Setting: During the time when elite traps did like 1000+ damage...

Gwylan's on elite in a pug that just wouldn't listen and three idiots died a dozen times each - yeah, in Gwylans! - after completion - send tells to the two players who listened to stand back - said that trap for the extra chest was down - BOOM - all three buy it! We loot and recall leaving their stones a spinning! - ahh the satisfaction!
    Captain's Crew - Ghallanda

Smile Done!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    How about:
    Vicious: Dance someone just before the final Haste is thrown in ToD 3 (before boots go on)? Then listen to them curse and hope that Horoth doesn't throw a Banish. Extra points if you use it on someone with a particularly low Will save.
    <Disclaimer!> DO NOT TRY THIS WITH ANY BUT THE MOST SOLID GROUPS!
    In a recent ToD a friend of mine, on his WF sorcerer was supposed to be the healer on the WF main tank for Horoth. In the groups I run with, a final Haste is thrown when Horoth's lieutenants start disappearing in flames, then we put out boots on.

Managed to dance the sorc just before he would have thrown Haste (no other arcanes in the group). Everyone ended up standing there, calling for Haste, realizing they weren't getting it, cursing my name, and generally not doing whatever they were supposed to do. Horoth charged us, then he stopped, as though he was also confused as to why we didn't have Haste.

People were finally convinced to get their boots on and get to work, no one got banished, and we ended up finishing perhaps 3 or 4 minutes slower. My sorc friend didn't stop laughing the whole time. He even said he would have found it even more hilarious if he (or someone else) had gotten banished in the beginning. I think I would have felt kind of badly about that, but would have to agree that that would have been hilarious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast