Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Epic Shards/Seals: A guide to which ones drop where.

This is a work in progress.

As far as I know, there's no compilation of info on which seal/shard drops in which quest. Here's the beginnings of such a list.

Items are listed in bold if I am certain about the information (I've seen a screenshot of that chest with the item in it, or I've pulled it myself, or I asked a guildy at the time they pulled it). Items are listed in italics if I'm taking an educated guess as to where the item drops, or if someone tells me where an item dropped but does not have a screenshot.

If you want info on a particular item (let's say you are chasing the seal of the Chainmail Coif), just search this page for 'Chainmail Coif' using your browser's search function.

If you have screenshots of a particular item's drop location, please post them.
    Last edited by sirgog; 10-31-2010 at 04:44 AM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Demon Sands adventure pack items:

Zawabi's Revenge raid items:

Bracers of the Demon's Consort
    Bramble-Casters
    Chaosblade
    Cloak of the Zephyr
    Demon Scale Armor
    Dustless Boots
    Greenblade
    Lion-headed Belt Buckle
    Marilith Chain
    Pouch of Jerky
    Sandstorm Goggles
    Seal of the Earth
    Shining Crest of St. Markus
    Staff of Arcane Power
    Storm
    Torc of Prince-Raiyum-de II

Shards for all of these items drop only in the epic raid, Zawabi's Revenge. It's quite common to get one.
    Seals drop with a low drop rate in the side chests of epic Against the Demon Queen and I believe they also drop in all chests in Wiz-King, Offering of Blood and Chains of Flame at a very low drop rate.
    Scrolls for these items drop on the corpse of any dead monster in epic Demon Sands quests.

Sands of Menechtarun explorer area items

Bloodstone
    Bow of the Elements (Air)
    Bracers of the Hunter
    Chainmail Coif
    Collapsible Shortbow
    Coronation Shield
    Dusk Heart
    Dynastic Falcata
    Firestorm Greaves
    Flint
    Gloves of the Falcon
    Hyena Claw Necklace
    Mirage
    Mummy Wrappings
    Ring of Spell Storing
    Robe of Fire
    Shard of Vollun
    Shield of the Scorpion
    Spiked Turban
    Sting
    Stinkpelt's Hide
    Tinder
    Thornlord
    Tourney Armor
    Vulkoorim Dervish Robe
    Vulkoorim Pendant
    Weathered Targe
    Whirlwind
    Wolf Whistle
    Xuum
    Zephyr

Shards for all of these items drop in the epic raid, Zawabi's Revenge and also in the Epic Chest of Epic Against the Demon Queen. It's very rare to get one in the raid, and uncommon to get one in ADQ1 - and rarer still to get the one you want.
    Seals drop with a low drop rate in the side chests of epic Against the Demon Queen and I believe they also drop in some or all chests in Wiz-King, Offering of Blood and Chains of Flame at a very low drop rate.
    Scrolls for these items drop on the corpse of any dead monster in epic Demon Sands quests.

An Offering of Blood items

Ancient Vulkoorim Dagger
    Spectral Gloves
    Vulkoorim Fighting Leathers
    Ward of Undeath

Shards for all of these items drop in the epic raid, Zawabi's Revenge and also in the Epic Chest of Offering of Blood. It's very rare to get one in the raid, and uncommon to get one in OOB - but at least there's only four of them, so it's not too hard to get the one you want.
    Seals drop with a low drop rate in any non-Epic chest in Offering of Blood and I believe they also drop in all chests in Wiz-King and Chains of Flame at a very low drop rate.

Chains of Flame items

Cape of the Roc
    Golden Greaves
    Hruvayah's Medallion
    Ring of Baphomet
    Staff of Inner Sight
    Unkor's Cleaver

Shards for all of these items drop in the epic raid, Zawabi's Revenge and also in the Epic Chest of Chains of Flame. It's very rare to get one in the raid, and uncommon to get one in Chains.
    Seals drop with a low drop rate in any non-Epic chest in Chains of Flame and I believe they also drop in all chests in Wiz-King and OOB at a very low drop rate. I'm not certain if the seals of items (like Unkor's Cleaver) are restricted to only (or mostly) drop from the chest that the base item is found in (for instance, the base Cleaver is only found in the locked room chest, I speculate that the seal may be more common there than in, say, the Library chest).

Chamber of Raiyum (Tomb of the Wizard-King) items

Adherent's Pendant
    Bejeweled Letter Opener
    Bracers of Deftness
    Silken Mail
    Sirroco
    Spectacles of Spirit Sight
    Vambraces of Inner Light

Shards for all of these items drop in the epic raid, Zawabi's Revenge and also in the Epic Chest of Chamber of Raiyum. Note that acquiring the Epic Chest requires you to slay Raiyum, Hafez and Hami. Shards are very rare in the raid, and uncommon in Wiz-King.
    Seals drop with a low drop rate in any non-Epic chest in Chamber of Raiyum and I believe they also drop in all chests in OOB and Chains of Flame at a very low drop rate.

If anyone can report pulling a Seal in a place I don't recall having seen one (such as an OOB seal in an ADQ1 side chest or the ADQ1 epic chest), please post a screenshot.
    Last edited by sirgog; 11-04-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Vault of Night adventure pack items:

Plane of Night raid items:

Azure Necklace of Prophecy
    Belt of the Mroranon
    Cloak of the Silver Concord
    Crimson Necklace of Prophecy
    Docent of Grace
    Dragon's Eye
    Hammer of Life
    Helm of the Mroranon
    Ironweave Robe
    Kundarak Delving Boots
    Kundarak Delving Goggles
    Kundarak Delving Suit
    Kundarak Warding Bracers
    Kundarak Warding Shield
    Ring of the Silver Concord
    Ruby Encrusted Gauntlets
    Silver Necklace of Prophecy
    Stonemeld Plate Armor
    Sword of Shadow

Shards for all of these items drop only in the Epic Chest of Plane of Night.
    Seals for these items drop three ways.
    Firstly, the VON6 epic chest has a modest chance to drop any seal from the pack.
    Secondly, any 'side chest' (i.e. any chest that is not the Epic chest) has a small chance to drop any seal from the pack.
    Thirdly, and most importantly, each of the five Epic chests at the end of VON1 through VON5 drops specific seals moderately frequently, but also has a slim chance to drop other seals from the pack. For example, the Sword of Shadow seal can drop in any Epic chest, but is about seven times more likely to drop in the VON1 epic chest than it is to drop in the VON3 one.

Each item in the VONs has one 'home' quest, where it is much more likely to drop. The list follows:

VON1:
    Stonemeld Plate
    Sword of Shadow
    Belt of the Mroranon
    Docent of Grace

VON2:
    Hammer of Life
    Dragon's Eye
    Necklace of the Crimson Prophecy
    Kundarak Delving Goggles

VON3:
    Kundarak Warding Shield
    Ring of the Silver Concord
    Cloak of the Silver Concord
    Helm of the Mroranon

VON4:
    Kundarak Delving Suit
    Ironweave Robe
    Necklace of Azure Prophecy
    Kundarak Warding Bracers

VON5 - note these seals drop a fair bit in VON3 as well, and also as this quest is only 'home' for 3 items, it's more common to get unlisted seals here.
    Kundarak Delving Boots (this seal is very, very rare)
    Ruby Encrusted Gauntlets
    Necklace of Silver Prophecy

Epic-only VON6 items
    In VON6 epic, the Epic Helm of the Red Dragon drops pre-made (no shard/seal/scroll) with a very low drop rate in the Epic Chest. In addition, the Shard of the Red Dragon drops with a moderately low drop rate in the same chest, but does not have an attached seal or scroll. Instead of a seal, you require 20 epic dungeon tokens, and instead of a scroll, 20 flawless red dragonscales, and instead of a base item, any of the Gianthold dragonscale armors.
    Last edited by sirgog; 12-26-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Sentinels of Stormreach items (incomplete)

Winter's Wrath
    Jidz-Tet'ka
    Chimera's Crown
    Elyd Edge
    Chimera's Fang
    Midnight Greetings
    Deneith Heavy Chain
    Blademark's Docent

Shards for all of these items drop only in the Epic chest of The Tide Turns.
    Seals for these items drop in any of the side quests. Each of the side quests can drop all of the seals and drop rates do not change from one side quest to another, so just run whichever is your favorite.
    Last edited by sirgog; 12-26-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Phiarlain Carnival items (incomplete)

Shards for all of these items drop only in the Epic chest of Under the Big Top.
    Help is requested for seal drop locations. Where known or suspected, seal drop locations are listed with the item names, below, but I've not really bothered to run these much. Seals in this adventure pack drop only in the epic chests of the listed quests
    Scrolls for all of these items drop on the corpse of any monster in the Carnival quests.

Antique Greataxe - The Snitch
    Brawn's Spirits - A Small Problem
    Brimstone Venge - A Small Problem
    Fullplate of the Ringleader - Partycrashers
    Garos' Malice - The Snitch
    Grim's Bracelet - A Small Problem
    Illusionist's Garb - Partycrashers
    Kron'zek's Cruelty - A Small Problem
    Mask of Comedy - A Small Problem
    Mask of Tragedy - The Snitch
    Noxious Fang - The Snitch
    Phiarlan Mirror Cloak - Partycrashers
    Phiarlan Spy Dagger - Partycrashers
    Ring of Elemental Essence - A Small Problem
    Roderic's Wand - The Snitch
    Shimmering Pendant - Partycrashers
    The Big Top - Partycrashers
    Utility Vest - The Snitch
    Last edited by sirgog; 12-26-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Red Fens items (incomplete)

Shards for all of these items drop only in the Epic chest of Into the Depths.. Note that this is awarded for completing the Hezrou 'optional' fight, not for killing the Priestess.
    Help is requested for seal drop locations. Where known or suspected, seal drop locations are listed with the item names, below, but I've not paid attention to any other than the items I've wanted to craft. Seals in this adventure pack drop only in the epic chests of the listed quests
    Scrolls for all of these items drop on the corpse of any monster in the Red Fens quests.

Bracers of the Claw - Last Stand
    Boots of the Mire - Fathom the Depths
    Cacophonic Verge - Claw of Vulkoor
    Elder's Cap - Claw of Vulkoor
    Elder's Focus - Last Stand
    Frozen Plate - Fathom the Depths
    Gloves of the Claw - Claw of Vulkoor
    Greatclub of the Scrag - Fathom the Depths
    Necklace of Venom - Claw of Vulkoor
    Raven's Sight - Last Stand
    Raven's Talons - Claw of Vulkoor
    Ring of the Mire - Last Stand
    Ring of Venom - Last Stand
    Robe of Dissonance - Fathom the Depths
    Sacred Band - Last Stand
    Sacred Helm - Fathom the Depths
    Shatterbow - Claw of Vulkoor
    Shaman's Band - Claw of Vulkoor
    Shaman's Brotch - Fathom the Depths
    Siren's Belt - Claw of Vulkoor
    Siren's Charm - Fathom the Depths
    Souleater - Last Stand
    Twisted Talisman - Last Stand
    Last edited by sirgog; 11-04-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

Mask of Comedy - The Snitch
    Minor correction, this is Small Problem.

Help is requested for seal drop locations. Where known or suspected, seal drop locations are listed with the item names, below, but I've not really bothered to run these much. Seals in this adventure pack drop only in the epic chests of the listed quests
    Scrolls for all of these items drop on the corpse of any monster in the Carnival quests.

Antique Greataxe - The Snitch
    Brawn's Spirits - A Small Problem
    Brimstone Venge - A Small Problem
    Fullplate of the Ringleader - Partycrashers
    Garos' Malice - The Snitch
    Grim's Bracelet - A Small Problem
    Illusionist's Garb - Partycrashers
    Kron'zek's Cruelty - A Small Problem
    Mask of Comedy - A Small Problem
    Mask of Tragedy - The Snitch
    Phiarlan Mirror Cloak - Partycrashers
    Phiarlan Spy Dagger - Partycrashers
    Ring of Elemental Essence - A Small Problem
    Roderic's Wand - The Snitch
    Shimmering Pendant - Partycrashers
    The Big Top - Partycrashers
    Utility Vest - The Snitch
    I do not have screenshots, but I know the three italicized do drop in Snitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Community Member

I've run this chain multiple times and have yet to find the scroll and shard. Does anyone have updates to their location? Thanks in advance!

[QUOTE=sirgog;3375013]Phiarlain Carnival items (incomplete)

deleted
    Last edited by brian14; 01-18-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Hero

Hammer of Life - seal common in VON2
    I've ransacked VON2 maze chests and the VON4 shaft chest weekly on three characters for six months. Over the same time, I've completed VON2 about 70 times. I have seven Hammer of Life seals, and they've all come from the VON4 chest.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Vault of Night adventure pack items:

Belt of the Mroranon - I've pulled 4 of these seals from the epic chest in von 1, and I've seen 2 other people pull them in the same run from this chest as well. This is likely the best place to farm for this seal.
    Kundarak Delving Suit - I've seen 2 drop from the chest down the collapsing floor in von 4.
    Kundarak Warding Bracers - I've pulled 2 of these out of maze chests in von 2, though I don't recall if they were from the same chest.
    Info in red about a few von seal locations.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Community Member

Help is desired with completing this list. If you see a seal drop in the Epic chest of one of the VON chain, please list it here. DO NOT list seals from side chests as they will just confuse things.
    I've dropped a SOS seal from the VON6 and VON2 epic chests.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Demon Sands adventure pack items:

Zawabi's Revenge raid items:

Bracers of the Demon's Consort
    Bramble-Casters
    Chaosblade
    Cloak of the Zephyr
    Demon Scale Armor
    Dustless Boots
    Greenblade
    Lion-headed Belt Buckle
    Marilith Chain
    Pouch of Jerky
    Sandstorm Goggles
    Seal of the Earth
    Shining Crest of St. Markus
    Staff of Arcane Power
    Storm
    Torc of Prince-Raiyum-de II

Shards for all of these items drop only in the epic raid, Zawabi's Revenge. It's quite common to get one.
    Seals drop with a low drop rate in the side chests of epic Against the Demon Queen and I believe they also drop in all chests in Wiz-King, Offering of Blood and Chains of Flame at a very low drop rate.
    I can confirm this, as I got my marilith chain seal & my sandstorm glasses seal in the end chest of Wiz king.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Community Member

Default Corrections

First off, using the word "shards" is going to be confusing to a lot of the newer players. These items no longer have shards. They have standard versions which can be upgraded to epic versions.

For example, in the Sands of Menechturan, One can find a Ring of Spell Storing in the chest from killing the rare mob General Tanakh. It's an uncommon drop and there are 3 versions of the ring. A straight up Spell Point giving only version, which is the most common and two more versions which give either a +1 or +3 mythic ring boost. It really doesn't matter much which one you get. The main purpose for getting the ring is to aid spell casters with a reusable and portable source of mnemonic power. To that end, one wants to get 2 of the rings. One is for low level and won;t be upgraded. The other is to be upgraded to the Epic Ring of Spell Storing.

To complete the upgrade the following items are needed:
    1 Ring of Spell Storing - It doesn't matter which version.
    1 Scroll of Ring of Spell Storing
    1 Seal of Ring of Spell Storing

These items are then taken to an altar of Epic Ritual and combined into the Epic Ring of Spell Storing. There is an altar for this in the Enclave of the Twelve.

Of the three items needed for the epic version, the seal is the hardest to get. A Ring of Spell Storing can be gotten hundreds of times in the time it takes to get 1 seal. I got mine just going through all the rare encounters for the zone. The scroll is the second hardest to get and you will still get a few copies in the time it takes to get a single seal. The seals are gotten at extremely low (almost 0,) drop rates in chests in the heroic quests, any chest at an almost 0 drop rate in epic quests, a higher rate from the epic chests (though still low.) It is entirely likely that one will complete one of the quests and not see a seal or see a seal in a standard chest, but not the epic chest. The raids have a better drop rate for the seals. Typically, if you get a seal, it will be just 1. But with nearly 20 different seals to drop in the Menechtarun areas, the odds of getting the one you need is low. It averages out to about 500 quests to get the seal you need.

I used the Ring of Spell Storing in my example, simply because that is what I am after. It is equally true of all the items in the area. In addition, the seals are NOT limited to certain seals in certain quests/dungeons. Any seal for the Menechtarun items, can drop in any quest/dungeon in the Menechtarun area. The initial premise in the start of this thread, is that items can be focus farmed. That is true of most items in most areas. They are limited to certain items in certain dungeons. For the Menechtarun area, it is true if the non-epic base items, maybe the scrolls (but I don' think so. I just haven't been paying attention the scroll items,) but certainly not true of the seals. If your are in the Menectarun area and a seal can drop, it can be any 1 of the seals for the epic items from the Sands of Menechtarun.
    When I come for you, I will step out of the shadow and when I am done with, I shall fade back into them.

Community Member

You had me doubting myself for a moment so I went out and tried it with both Raid items (Seal of Earth) and explorer area items (Dynastic Falcata and Wolf Whistle). All of these items still require the epic Shard. I didn't have a base item of the RoSS to try out so didn't attempt that one specifically but I can't imagine that it is the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarinesis View Post
    First off, using the word "shards" is going to be confusing to a lot of the newer players. These items no longer have shards. They have standard versions which can be upgraded to epic versions.

For example, in the Sands of Menechturan, One can find a Ring of Spell Storing in the chest from killing the rare mob General Tanakh. It's an uncommon drop and there are 3 versions of the ring. A straight up Spell Point giving only version, which is the most common and two more versions which give either a +1 or +3 mythic ring boost. It really doesn't matter much which one you get. The main purpose for getting the ring is to aid spell casters with a reusable and portable source of mnemonic power. To that end, one wants to get 2 of the rings. One is for low level and won;t be upgraded. The other is to be upgraded to the Epic Ring of Spell Storing.

To complete the upgrade the following items are needed:
    1 Ring of Spell Storing - It doesn't matter which version.
    1 Scroll of Ring of Spell Storing
    1 Seal of Ring of Spell Storing

These items are then taken to an altar of Epic Ritual and combined into the Epic Ring of Spell Storing. There is an altar for this in the Enclave of the Twelve.

Of the three items needed for the epic version, the seal is the hardest to get. A Ring of Spell Storing can be gotten hundreds of times in the time it takes to get 1 seal. I got mine just going through all the rare encounters for the zone. The scroll is the second hardest to get and you will still get a few copies in the time it takes to get a single seal. The seals are gotten at extremely low (almost 0,) drop rates in chests in the heroic quests, any chest at an almost 0 drop rate in epic quests, a higher rate from the epic chests (though still low.) It is entirely likely that one will complete one of the quests and not see a seal or see a seal in a standard chest, but not the epic chest. The raids have a better drop rate for the seals. Typically, if you get a seal, it will be just 1. But with nearly 20 different seals to drop in the Menechtarun areas, the odds of getting the one you need is low. It averages out to about 500 quests to get the seal you need.

I used the Ring of Spell Storing in my example, simply because that is what I am after. It is equally true of all the items in the area. In addition, the seals are NOT limited to certain seals in certain quests/dungeons. Any seal for the Menechtarun items, can drop in any quest/dungeon in the Menechtarun area. The initial premise in the start of this thread, is that items can be focus farmed. That is true of most items in most areas. They are limited to certain items in certain dungeons. For the Menechtarun area, it is true if the non-epic base items, maybe the scrolls (but I don' think so. I just haven't been paying attention the scroll items,) but certainly not true of the seals. If your are in the Menectarun area and a seal can drop, it can be any 1 of the seals for the epic items from the Sands of Menechtarun.
    Andrialla / Archellus / Kadarin / Mercantile Joe
    Knight of The Silver Legion (Forum name: Rugar)
    Cannith / Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Sarinesis View Post
    lies
    Why would you spread such false information?

Epic Crafting Shards for the old S/S/S system still exist, still drop, and are still required. Scrolls, Seals and Shards never drop in heroic level quests... only the base item does. The drop rate goes up with higher difficulty settings.

Each adventure pack is slightly different. For example, the Vault of Night pack, seals drop only in the epic chests of the flagging quest and the raid, and shards only drop in the raid. The below is how it works in the Demon Sands.

Base Items drop from specific chests and specific quests
    Scrolls drop randomly from any killed epic level enemy in epic level quests (goes into inventory right away)
    Seals for any item can drop from any chest that is within any epic level chest of the adventure pack the base item comes from
    Shards for a specific item only drop in the end "epic chest" of specific quests as follows:

shards for items that drop in Wizking can drop in the end chest of Epic WizKing and the end chest of Epic ADQ and Epic Zawabi's Revenge (the raid).
    shards for items that drop in Chains of Flame can drop in the end chest of Epic Chains of Flame and the end chest of Epic ADQ and Epic ZR.
    shards for items that drop in Offering of Blood can drop in the end chest of Epic Offering of Blood and the end chest of Epic ADQ and Epic ZR.
    shards for items that drop from Rare encounters in the wilderness can ONLY be found in the end chest of Epic ADQ and Epic ZR.
    shards for items that drop from Zawabi's Revenge (raid items) can ONLY be found in the end chest of Epic ZR and in the 20th completion list of Epic ZR.

This is still true today.

And crafting epic version still requires the base item, scroll of the item, seal of the item, AND the shard of the item.
    Last edited by vryxnr; 10-29-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    shards for items that drop from Rare encounters in the wilderness can ONLY be found in the end chest of Epic ADQ and Epic ZR.
    shards for items that drop from Zawabi's Revenge (raid items) can ONLY be found in the end chest of Epic ZR and in the 20th completion list of Epic ZR.
    so shards from rare encounter items are not part of the 20th list?? i was hoping to get a RoSS shard this way

Community Member DRAGONSUPERDRAGON's Avatar

Great thread. I don't actually think you can get the quest specific sand seals from WK, OOB and Chains from any other quest than the one the item drops in, but it might just be that the drop rate is really low... I do know that after grinding out WK, OOB and ADQ chests for half a year I had to start doing Chains to get my Greaves seal. and I still don't have my ring of Baphomet seal. -_-

Some seal drops:

Phiarlain Carnival:

- Antique Greataxe - The Snitch
    - Fullplate of the Ringleader - Partycrashers
    - Illusionist's Garb (Robe) - Partycrashers
    - Mask of Comedy - Think i saw one in the snitch, but only once -_-
    - Mask of Tragedy - The Snitch
    - Noxious Fang - The Snitch
    - Phiarlan Spy Dagger - Partycrashers
    - Roderic's Wand - The Snitch
    - Shimmering Pendant - Partycrashers
    - The Big Top - Partycrashers
    - Utility Vest - The Snitch

Red Fens:

Boots of the Mire
    - Cacophonic Verge - The Claw
    - Elder's Cap - The Claw
    - Elder's Focus - Last Stand
    - Frozen Plate - Fathom the Depths
    - Greatclub of the Scrag - Fathom the Depths
    - Necklace of Venom - The Claw
    - Ravens Talons - The Claw
    - Ring of the Mire - Last Stand
    - Sacred Band - Last Stand
    - Sacred Helm - Fathom the Depths
    - Shatterbow - The Claw
    - Siren's Belt - The Claw

A Seal of Jidz-Tet'ka dropped for me in the epic chest of the Bargain of Blood quest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast