Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    As far as I know, there's no compilation of info on which seal/shard drops in which quest. Here's the beginnings of such a list.
    Sirgog, I'm merging your work into an excel file, the details of which can be found here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=374423
    ASCENDANTS on SARLONA (viva ADAR!): Zaal * Screwz * Lorrz * Zill * HamHoks * Gusty * Grasshumper * Durzo * DrHurtz

Has any of the desert area drops changed? I'm specifically looking for vulkoorim dagger pieces.

What does "uncommon" with regard to shard drops translate to in your experience? 1 in 20 etc?

I've done about 12 runs of epic norm/hard OOB the last two nights. Scrolls are dropping a lot (~one per run solo, more on runs with friends), and I've gotten 6 seals in about 12 runs. Have not seen any shards yet.

Great thread Sirgog. Thanks for putting the info together.

Default Golden Guile

Any one have any suggestions regarding the Golden Guile. I have been running all three quests (LoD, Servants, Spinner ) and eN and eH and get nothing for the guile. Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by redcastle73a View Post
    Any one have any suggestions regarding the Golden Guile. I have been running all three quests (LoD, Servants, Spinner ) and eN and eH and get nothing for the guile. Ideas?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=384871

LoD, any difficulty except EN.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=384871

LoD, any difficulty except EN.
    Checked the link. Shards haven't been dropping from the first chest of Servants for a long while. Now, if you want Darkstorm helm, you're in luck!

EDIT:
    Also, Shards have dropped in the end chest of the first quest for a bit now. EH or higher, haven't seen them on EN.

I only mention these because you have it edited saying it's updated for u16 and accurate.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    Checked the link. Shards haven't been dropping from the first chest of Servants for a long while. Now, if you want Darkstorm helm, you're in luck!

EDIT:
    Also, Shards have dropped in the end chest of the first quest for a bit now. EH or higher, haven't seen them on EN.

I only mention these because you have it edited saying it's updated for u16 and accurate.
    I've been farming the heck out of U13 lately. Almost exclusively EN runs of Dust/Servants, EH runs of Spinner.

Seals drop in all non-epic chests of Dust (p1), EN only. Shards drop in epic chest on all difficulties, EN included.

Seals drop in all non-epic chests of Servants (p2), again seemingly EN only. Shards in epic chest, etc.

I pulled no seals in EH Spinner, but that could be luck. I did pull shards.

I pulled two Golden Guile seals, both from side chests of Dust, but they can drop anywhere AFAIK.

deleted
    Last edited by brian14; 01-18-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Zaal View Post
    Sirgog, I'm merging your work into an excel file, the details of which can be found here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=374423

Is this up to date or is there a better version out there??

Community Member

Hi,

For those people still looking for an EMG seal, I found one today in EE Storm the Beaches.

Thanks.

Community Member

Default Corrections

First off, using the word "shards" is going to be confusing to a lot of the newer players. These items no longer have shards. They have standard versions which can be upgraded to epic versions.

For example, in the Sands of Menechturan, One can find a Ring of Spell Storing in the chest from killing the rare mob General Tanakh. It's an uncommon drop and there are 3 versions of the ring. A straight up Spell Point giving only version, which is the most common and two more versions which give either a +1 or +3 mythic ring boost. It really doesn't matter much which one you get. The main purpose for getting the ring is to aid spell casters with a reusable and portable source of mnemonic power. To that end, one wants to get 2 of the rings. One is for low level and won;t be upgraded. The other is to be upgraded to the Epic Ring of Spell Storing.

To complete the upgrade the following items are needed:
    1 Ring of Spell Storing - It doesn't matter which version.
    1 Scroll of Ring of Spell Storing
    1 Seal of Ring of Spell Storing

These items are then taken to an altar of Epic Ritual and combined into the Epic Ring of Spell Storing. There is an altar for this in the Enclave of the Twelve.

Of the three items needed for the epic version, the seal is the hardest to get. A Ring of Spell Storing can be gotten hundreds of times in the time it takes to get 1 seal. I got mine just going through all the rare encounters for the zone. The scroll is the second hardest to get and you will still get a few copies in the time it takes to get a single seal. The seals are gotten at extremely low (almost 0,) drop rates in chests in the heroic quests, any chest at an almost 0 drop rate in epic quests, a higher rate from the epic chests (though still low.) It is entirely likely that one will complete one of the quests and not see a seal or see a seal in a standard chest, but not the epic chest. The raids have a better drop rate for the seals. Typically, if you get a seal, it will be just 1. But with nearly 20 different seals to drop in the Menechtarun areas, the odds of getting the one you need is low. It averages out to about 500 quests to get the seal you need.

I used the Ring of Spell Storing in my example, simply because that is what I am after. It is equally true of all the items in the area. In addition, the seals are NOT limited to certain seals in certain quests/dungeons. Any seal for the Menechtarun items, can drop in any quest/dungeon in the Menechtarun area. The initial premise in the start of this thread, is that items can be focus farmed. That is true of most items in most areas. They are limited to certain items in certain dungeons. For the Menechtarun area, it is true if the non-epic base items, maybe the scrolls (but I don' think so. I just haven't been paying attention the scroll items,) but certainly not true of the seals. If your are in the Menectarun area and a seal can drop, it can be any 1 of the seals for the epic items from the Sands of Menechtarun.
    When I come for you, I will step out of the shadow and when I am done with, I shall fade back into them.

By the time we managed to farm some of the items it already becomes outdated. Sadly.

Example troll ring, finally see it after 6 years.

Community Member

You had me doubting myself for a moment so I went out and tried it with both Raid items (Seal of Earth) and explorer area items (Dynastic Falcata and Wolf Whistle). All of these items still require the epic Shard. I didn't have a base item of the RoSS to try out so didn't attempt that one specifically but I can't imagine that it is the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarinesis View Post
    First off, using the word "shards" is going to be confusing to a lot of the newer players. These items no longer have shards. They have standard versions which can be upgraded to epic versions.

For example, in the Sands of Menechturan, One can find a Ring of Spell Storing in the chest from killing the rare mob General Tanakh. It's an uncommon drop and there are 3 versions of the ring. A straight up Spell Point giving only version, which is the most common and two more versions which give either a +1 or +3 mythic ring boost. It really doesn't matter much which one you get. The main purpose for getting the ring is to aid spell casters with a reusable and portable source of mnemonic power. To that end, one wants to get 2 of the rings. One is for low level and won;t be upgraded. The other is to be upgraded to the Epic Ring of Spell Storing.

To complete the upgrade the following items are needed:
    1 Ring of Spell Storing - It doesn't matter which version.
    1 Scroll of Ring of Spell Storing
    1 Seal of Ring of Spell Storing

These items are then taken to an altar of Epic Ritual and combined into the Epic Ring of Spell Storing. There is an altar for this in the Enclave of the Twelve.

Of the three items needed for the epic version, the seal is the hardest to get. A Ring of Spell Storing can be gotten hundreds of times in the time it takes to get 1 seal. I got mine just going through all the rare encounters for the zone. The scroll is the second hardest to get and you will still get a few copies in the time it takes to get a single seal. The seals are gotten at extremely low (almost 0,) drop rates in chests in the heroic quests, any chest at an almost 0 drop rate in epic quests, a higher rate from the epic chests (though still low.) It is entirely likely that one will complete one of the quests and not see a seal or see a seal in a standard chest, but not the epic chest. The raids have a better drop rate for the seals. Typically, if you get a seal, it will be just 1. But with nearly 20 different seals to drop in the Menechtarun areas, the odds of getting the one you need is low. It averages out to about 500 quests to get the seal you need.

I used the Ring of Spell Storing in my example, simply because that is what I am after. It is equally true of all the items in the area. In addition, the seals are NOT limited to certain seals in certain quests/dungeons. Any seal for the Menechtarun items, can drop in any quest/dungeon in the Menechtarun area. The initial premise in the start of this thread, is that items can be focus farmed. That is true of most items in most areas. They are limited to certain items in certain dungeons. For the Menechtarun area, it is true if the non-epic base items, maybe the scrolls (but I don' think so. I just haven't been paying attention the scroll items,) but certainly not true of the seals. If your are in the Menectarun area and a seal can drop, it can be any 1 of the seals for the epic items from the Sands of Menechtarun.
    Andrialla / Archellus / Kadarin / Mercantile Joe
    Knight of The Silver Legion (Forum name: Rugar)
    Cannith / Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Sarinesis View Post
    lies
    Why would you spread such false information?

Epic Crafting Shards for the old S/S/S system still exist, still drop, and are still required. Scrolls, Seals and Shards never drop in heroic level quests... only the base item does. The drop rate goes up with higher difficulty settings.

Each adventure pack is slightly different. For example, the Vault of Night pack, seals drop only in the epic chests of the flagging quest and the raid, and shards only drop in the raid. The below is how it works in the Demon Sands.

Base Items drop from specific chests and specific quests
    Scrolls drop randomly from any killed epic level enemy in epic level quests (goes into inventory right away)
    Seals for any item can drop from any chest that is within any epic level chest of the adventure pack the base item comes from
    Shards for a specific item only drop in the end "epic chest" of specific quests as follows:

shards for items that drop in Wizking can drop in the end chest of Epic WizKing and the end chest of Epic ADQ and Epic Zawabi's Revenge (the raid).
    shards for items that drop in Chains of Flame can drop in the end chest of Epic Chains of Flame and the end chest of Epic ADQ and Epic ZR.
    shards for items that drop in Offering of Blood can drop in the end chest of Epic Offering of Blood and the end chest of Epic ADQ and Epic ZR.
    shards for items that drop from Rare encounters in the wilderness can ONLY be found in the end chest of Epic ADQ and Epic ZR.
    shards for items that drop from Zawabi's Revenge (raid items) can ONLY be found in the end chest of Epic ZR and in the 20th completion list of Epic ZR.

This is still true today.

And crafting epic version still requires the base item, scroll of the item, seal of the item, AND the shard of the item.
    Last edited by vryxnr; 10-29-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    shards for items that drop from Rare encounters in the wilderness can ONLY be found in the end chest of Epic ADQ and Epic ZR.
    shards for items that drop from Zawabi's Revenge (raid items) can ONLY be found in the end chest of Epic ZR and in the 20th completion list of Epic ZR.
    so shards from rare encounter items are not part of the 20th list?? i was hoping to get a RoSS shard this way

Community Member

I've run this chain multiple times and have yet to find the scroll and shard. Does anyone have updates to their location? Thanks in advance!

[QUOTE=sirgog;3375013]Phiarlain Carnival items (incomplete)

Shards for all of these items drop only in the Epic chest of Under the Big Top.
    Help is requested for seal drop locations. Where known or suspected, seal drop locations are listed with the item names, below, but I've not really bothered to run these much. Seals in this adventure pack drop only in the epic chests of the listed quests
    Scrolls for all of these items drop on the corpse of any monster in the Carnival quests.

Noxious Fang - The Snitch

Community Member

Just going to say a quick eulogy for this thread. Praise be U50 it cannot come soon enough.

Sorry for the double post, but where I can find Crystallized Spiderweb?

Thank you.

EDIT: nvm found it: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ized-Spiderweb
    Last edited by Baboo85; 02-27-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345