Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    Any ideas about the droprates of seals of: Belt of the Mroranon and Ring of the Silver Concord? I've been farming for these two particular seals for 6 months, using 2 toons ransacking the easily accessible chests in EV1 (1 toon can unlock the guard tower chest), EV2, EV3, EV4, and timering out 3 toons in EV6, as well as completing EV1 and EV2 about once every 2 days. I've seen the ring seal once, in the EV2 end chest (lost the roll), and the belt seal about 6 times, 4 times in EV1 (end chest) and twice in EV6, none of which was ever for roll (sidenote: this must be the most desirable seal in the game or something because I've never heard of anyone putting this up for roll). They're both last pieces for me and it kind of bothers me to put half a year of work into something and not get anything. Am I farming the wrong chests? For example: for the ring seal, is it common in the END CHEST or just ANY EV3 chest?

Since I didn't see this mentioned yet: the belt seal is common in EV1.
    This is about 2000 chests, ~10-15% of which were end chests. I think I've pulled maybe 20 seals or so in this time, so I guess an average seal drop rate of 1% seems accurate for me.
    My Ring seal came from VoN6. I've seen one other ring seal pulled there, and the cloak seal pulled once as well. Supposedly they're most common in VoN3, but I've never seen any seals at all pulled in VoN3 (though granted, haven't run it that often and still haven't completed it due to bad pulls at the 3 bosses). I've never seen the ring or cloak seals drop from VoN1/2 completions or VoN1/2/4 seal farms.

The drop rates of the seals "common" to the quest are bad enough, "uncommon" ones are even worse. It's not up to Desert Explorer Area grind-level, but it's definitely a massive grind to make about half these items. It's easier to make the best weapon in the game, the eSoS, than it is to make the Ring, Cloak, Helm, and even the poor Ruby Encrusted Gauntlets.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Phiarlain Carnival items (incomplete)

Mask of Comedy - The Snitch
    Minor correction, this is Small Problem.

Community Member

Can anyone confirm specifically which chest in epic claw drops the gloves seal?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoradin View Post
    Can anyone confirm specifically which chest in epic claw drops the gloves seal?
    For Fens, House P, and House D; only the end "Epic Chest!" can drop seals/shards. All the other chests (like the two at the skellie and the one for sneaking past all the guardians in Claw) just drop vendor trash and renown.

Community Member

I was told the shards only come from the optional chest in the last quest in the fens chain after you kill the demon.. kinda made me wonder if others were optional only.. thanx for the response

I was told the shards only come from the optional chest in the last quest in the fens chain after you kill the demon.. kinda made me wonder if others were optional only.. thanx for the response
    True. Completing the quest by defeating the High Priestess will put you on timer. You can't get the Epic Chest with shards and the token without defeating the Hezrou. If you wipe on the Hezrou, you'll have to wait until the timer is up to try again.

The other big one is Wizard King. The Epic Chest is located in the treasure room in the basement, and you need to complete all three towers and defeat Hami, Hafez, and Raiyum to open up the room. Then you have to complete the quest by taking the Phylactery in order to open up the Epic Chest.

Community Member

great info thanx again

edit.. i just solo'ed the opening room for wiz king on my PM and opened that crest chest just for giggles and pulled a seal out of it.. is this WAI or...?

edit.. i just solo'ed the opening room for wiz king on my PM and opened that crest chest just for giggles and pulled a seal out of it.. is this WAI or...?
    Yes, and it's considered a public domain chest like certain key chests. The seal, if it appears there, is not assigned to the puller and anybody who clicks on the chest can loot it.

For that reason, any seal in there is always up for roll for the group when I run eWizKing.

Community Member

Default stonemeld seal

i have been running von 1,2, & 3 your seals for von r pretty acurate from what i have seen i ran von 6 and only get shards and items out of there but i have been looking for the stonemeld seal for a month now did not know where to look was doing them all finally i pulled one from evon1 so u can put that down in your progress thks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    My Ring seal came from VoN6. I've seen one other ring seal pulled there, and the cloak seal pulled once as well. Supposedly they're most common in VoN3, but I've never seen any seals at all pulled in VoN3 (though granted, haven't run it that often and still haven't completed it due to bad pulls at the 3 bosses). I've never seen the ring or cloak seals drop from VoN1/2 completions or VoN1/2/4 seal farms.

The drop rates of the seals "common" to the quest are bad enough, "uncommon" ones are even worse. It's not up to Desert Explorer Area grind-level, but it's definitely a massive grind to make about half these items. It's easier to make the best weapon in the game, the eSoS, than it is to make the Ring, Cloak, Helm, and even the poor Ruby Encrusted Gauntlets.
    Yea honestly the VON drop rates are way, way too low. I've already completed the desert items I wanted (spectral gloves, cloak of the zephyr), running it about 10 times less often than VON quests, way before these VON items. I started farming them about 7 months ago now and am still looking for the seals. Already up to the point where I'm offering multiple FRDS for someone who pulls my seal.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    Yea honestly the VON drop rates are way, way too low. I've already completed the desert items I wanted (spectral gloves, cloak of the zephyr), running it about 10 times less often than VON quests, way before these VON items. I started farming them about 7 months ago now and am still looking for the seals. Already up to the point where I'm offering multiple FRDS for someone who pulls my seal.
    Considered running eVON5? The drop rates are still pretty low, but you have 12 chances to have the seal you are chasing pop up in a chest.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

nice guide

thank u

Updated the OP after getting a little more info on the VON seals.

Just think you had a misspell on VON. you mention the Epic chest from von 6 can drop any seal from the pack. I believe you meant the Epic chest in von 5. (as a side note, ran it today, kundarak delving boots seal there)
    Quadrovault | Quadrotune | Hyperyon

Quote Originally Posted by SoloPhalanx View Post
    Just think you had a misspell on VON. you mention the Epic chest from von 6 can drop any seal from the pack. I believe you meant the Epic chest in von 5. (as a side note, ran it today, kundarak delving boots seal there)
    VON6 does indeed drop seals for everything in the pack. VON5 - I've not seen it ever drop say the SOS seal.

Community Member

Help is desired with completing this list. If you see a seal drop in the Epic chest of one of the VON chain, please list it here. DO NOT list seals from side chests as they will just confuse things.
    I've dropped a SOS seal from the VON6 and VON2 epic chests.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Added quite a lot more info, having obtained a lot of info on the VON series and the Sentinels series.

You might want to add the fact that you can get any sands scroll by turning in 3 other sand scrolls at the epic vendor in the twelve.
    Cannith - ReizalRocks - Reizal - Reizals Cannonfodder - Reizala - Fortitude

Phiarlain Carnival items (incomplete)

Shards for all of these items drop only in the Epic chest of Under the Big Top.
    Help is requested for seal drop locations. Where known or suspected, seal drop locations are listed with the item names, below, but I've not really bothered to run these much. Seals in this adventure pack drop only in the epic chests of the listed quests
    Scrolls for all of these items drop on the corpse of any monster in the Carnival quests.

Antique Greataxe - The Snitch
    Brawn's Spirits - A Small Problem
    Brimstone Venge - A Small Problem
    Fullplate of the Ringleader - Partycrashers
    Garos' Malice - The Snitch
    Grim's Bracelet - A Small Problem
    Illusionist's Garb - Partycrashers
    Kron'zek's Cruelty - A Small Problem
    Mask of Comedy - A Small Problem
    Mask of Tragedy - The Snitch
    Noxious Fang - The Snitch
    Phiarlan Mirror Cloak - Partycrashers
    Phiarlan Spy Dagger - Partycrashers
    Ring of Elemental Essence - A Small Problem
    Roderic's Wand - The Snitch
    Shimmering Pendant - Partycrashers
    The Big Top - Partycrashers
    Utility Vest - The Snitch
    I do not have screenshots, but I know the three italicized do drop in Snitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Community Member

Default Seal of the Ring of Spell Storing

Chains of Flame
    Library Chest

Side note: I have had the seal of the ring of baphomet drop from two different chests in a single run, and have had the seal of the staff of inner sight drop from the chest behind the locked grate (cook's key). No screenshots for the baphomet rings, poor screenshot for the staff that may be uploaded later. Conclusion: Seal locations are not chest-specific.
    Last edited by Muspellsheimr; 02-03-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast