Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Seal for Bracers of the Claw dropped in Claw of Vulkoor. (in response to your Fens post of where seals drop)
    Thats strange, I got my seal of the bracers from last stand.
    Blind Faith

Noheels,Ravenwind-Sarlona,FirstOfOne,Kraagg

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Plane of Night raid items:
    Hammer of Life - seal common in VON2
    I've ransacked VON2 maze chests and the VON4 shaft chest weekly on three characters for six months. Over the same time, I've completed VON2 about 70 times. I have seven Hammer of Life seals, and they've all come from the VON4 chest.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros13 View Post
    Can anyone confirm that they have pulled a Seal of the Bracers of the Hunter from OOB?
    I haven't run it that much, but I have yet to see a seal drop in there that's not an OOB quest item (spectral gloves, vulkoorim leather/dagger, or ward of undeath). Even if it's somehow possible for Sands items seals to drop in there, that drop rate would be so low that you shouldn't count on it.

Now that Axer's back, he may have a few things to add to this.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Question regarding Red Fens scrolls.

Do all scrolls drop randomly in any quest or is there a particular tendency for certain quests to drop them?

I've run the red fens more times than I can recall and have never once seen the Gloves of the Claw scroll drop but I've been soloing the beginning giants and scorps in claw repeatedly for...ev....er and have gotten siren's charm, souleater, elder's cap and a couple other junk scrolls so I'm thinking it's probably 100% random for scrolls.
    Captain's Crew: (TR) Dingalbarian - Horc Barb20 - THF, Dingaladin - Human 18/2 Paladin/Monk - TWF, Lamepolicy - Squishy Drow - Wiz20 Archmage

Now that Axer's back, he may have a few things to add to this.
    I think for sure that desert rares, aka outdoor item seals can not drop in any quest except DQ1. Can anyone confirm they've actually seen one outside dq1?

I have't ran much desert quests at all since i got back ,but from memory of years ago when i ran em a hundred times each I think thats accurate. Did a few recent wizking is all, each run had a dustless boot seal outa the air djinnin chest, and some other raid ones out the rightside endchest, no outdoor ones.

Also don't think wizking/chains/oobe spcific seals drop in the wrong quests ever like you said is possible. Tho the shards for those do drop in both there specific quests and DQ2, which I think is dumb.

Raid seals certainly drop outside it (dq1). I see them very commonly in wiz king in 2 chests:
    Air Djinni chest and Rightside chest at the end, (not epic chest).

Seen many raids seals in locked pickable chest in Chains.

Very few raid seals in oob, but the ones I did see where in the final side chest, non locked door one. None of the epic chests drop seals at all.

Newer stuff:
    Red Fens:
    Ran it lots and your list seems accurate.
    Carnival:
    Not ran it enoug to offer much input
    Chronoscope - i know most of these running it a lot lately, but havent wrote it down, so only offer random stuff from memory.. prolly should have screenshoted more...
    for the most part the seals match the chests the items come out of themself. tho obviously some exceptions since some items are end reward only.
    From your list:
    Seals (incomplete list):
    (Bloodplate chest)
    Diabolist's Robe: Bloodplate's Chest - correct
    Timeblade: Bloodplate's Chest - correct
    Staff of Nat Gann: Bloodplate's Chest - correct
    Diabolist Docent seal is also from bloodplates chest.
    Charged Gauntlet Seal is bloodplate iirc.
    Think Greataxe seal is from his chest (rightside one, nothing comes out of the left one cept the axe itself and some ****)

Razorarm chest (rightside one):
    Envenomed Cloak: Razor Arm's Chest - correct
    Crossbow - Razor arm
    Boots - Razor arm?
    Helm - Razor arm?
    (not sure on the last 2, prolly a good guess tho)

googles - mmm not sure i seen that one much yet.

All Seals are from rightside bloodplate chest, and Razorarm rightside chest, think 50/50 split, with razorarm having the better ones despite being the gimpier boss heh.
    Shards from epic chest only.
    No seals from any other chests (Also checked all optional chests you get for killing an insane amount of extra mobs, no seals, just drop the gem of many facets very commonly)

Some of the more harcore players that have there full abishai sets taht been running this the last few months probably can give you more accurate info on chrono then i can tho. Only up to about 15 runs and didnt take accurate notes of what dropped.
    Last edited by Shade; 03-07-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoolcannon View Post
    Question regarding Red Fens scrolls.

Do all scrolls drop randomly in any quest or is there a particular tendency for certain quests to drop them?

I've run the red fens more times than I can recall and have never once seen the Gloves of the Claw scroll drop but I've been soloing the beginning giants and scorps in claw repeatedly for...ev....er and have gotten siren's charm, souleater, elder's cap and a couple other junk scrolls so I'm thinking it's probably 100% random for scrolls.
    All scrolls in every epic pack have no idea what quest your running... Only know that they are pack of an epic pack, and can drop scrolls, any scrolls from said pack.

Scrolls drops are very simple:
    Kill a mob, roll a d100 . Get a 1-99, nothing happens. Get a 100 - get a scroll. Scroll is selected randomly from a table, now the table might include the worse scrolls a few more times then the better scrols, but every scroll for the given pack is on that table.
    After scroll is selected roll a 1dX, where X = number of players in dungeon.. Said player rolled get the scroll, and it's annouced in party chat.

I've seen glove scroll drop personally into a clerics hands in into the deeps. I believe it was from a scrag I killed.
    Friend of mine farms fathom the depths got the glove scroll there too.
    Another friend of mine farmed claw a bit and go the glove scroll there..

Any quest, any scrolls (from same pack)

Only exception is bugged quests which turbine forget to turn scroll drops on.. Those are:
    DQ2 (demon sands pack)
    and
    Epic DA (Devils assault pack)

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    All scrolls in every epic pack have no idea what quest your running... Only know that they are pack of an epic pack, and can drop scrolls, any scrolls from said pack.

Scrolls drops are very simple:
    Kill a mob, roll a d100 . Get a 1-99, nothing happens. Get a 100 - get a scroll. Scroll is selected randomly from a table, now the table might include the worse scrolls a few more times then the better scrols, but every scroll for the given pack is on that table.
    After scroll is selected roll a 1dX, where X = number of players in dungeon.. Said player rolled get the scroll, and it's annouced in party chat.

I've seen glove scroll drop personally into a clerics hands in into the deeps. I believe it was from a scrag I killed.
    Friend of mine farms fathom the depths got the glove scroll there too.
    Another friend of mine farmed claw a bit and go the glove scroll there..

Any quest, any scrolls (from same pack)

Only exception is bugged quests which turbine forget to turn scroll drops on.. Those are:
    DQ2 (demon sands pack)
    and
    Epic DA (Devils assault pack)
    Awesome, thanks for the quick response. Very helpful since there are mobs I can kill more quickly and in larger numbers than just the giants in claw.
    Captain's Crew: (TR) Dingalbarian - Horc Barb20 - THF, Dingaladin - Human 18/2 Paladin/Monk - TWF, Lamepolicy - Squishy Drow - Wiz20 Archmage

Did eWizKing twice this weekend and saw several explorer area seals drop. Coronation Shield, Mummy Wrappings, Shard of Vollun, and Vulkoorim Pendant. This is in addition to a fair number of Wiz King specific seals and raid seals. From an earlier run, I pulled and passed a Thornlord seal as well.

Had the most luck in the Djinni/Efreeti chests, and had very little in the two non-epic chests in the treasure room. Probably just luck related.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    Did eWizKing twice this weekend and saw several explorer area seals drop. Coronation Shield, Mummy Wrappings, Shard of Vollun, and Vulkoorim Pendant. This is in addition to a fair number of Wiz King specific seals and raid seals. From an earlier run, I pulled and passed a Thornlord seal as well.

Had the most luck in the Djinni/Efreeti chests, and had very little in the two non-epic chests in the treasure room. Probably just luck related.
    Yea.. Sounds like incredible luck.

In my ~100 wizking runs... Only about 5% of seals or less are non-wiz king specific ones.

Good to know the sands ones drop there too tho.

Agree on the Djniini chests being the most likely to drop them. Think a certain named air djiini (i know there are 2 differnet ones) chest seems by far the most likely to drop them. Fire efreeti rarely does, alnost never raiyums chest, never the leftside treasure room chest, and only rare the rightside treasure room chest. But just could be all luck.

Explorer seals in wizking aren't uncommon really - raid ones are, though.

I'd say the break down is 65/30/5 percentagewise, from my soloing in said quest.

Community Member krackythehoodedone's Avatar

Yeah. Desert Epic item Seals can drop in any Desert Epic Chest. So Wizzy is a favourite because it has more chests.

Just one addenda. I don't know why but the Mari Chain Seal keeps dropping out of the Octo Chest In EDQ1.

The Shards drop from their respective Quest end chest and EDQ1/2. Shards have an increased drop rate in their ''home'' chest

The ''home'' chest for raid loot is EDQ2. The ''home'' chest for the Explorer items is allegedly EDQ1 but the drop rate is fubarred so don't be holding your breath

Kill a mob, roll a d100 . Get a 1-99, nothing happens. Get a 100 - get a scroll.
    Minor nitpick - I've been keeping track of kills & scroll drops in eWK lately and I'm seeing a drop rate closer to 2% than 1%.

Unsure if that drop rate is the same for all packs or not, though.

Cheers,
    Kernal

Yea.. Sounds like incredible luck.

In my ~100 wizking runs... Only about 5% of seals or less are non-wiz king specific ones.

Good to know the sands ones drop there too tho.

Agree on the Djniini chests being the most likely to drop them. Think a certain named air djiini (i know there are 2 differnet ones) chest seems by far the most likely to drop them. Fire efreeti rarely does, alnost never raiyums chest, never the leftside treasure room chest, and only rare the rightside treasure room chest. But just could be all luck.
    Did three more runs:
    A number of WizKing seals, didn't count exactly how many or which ones.
    3 raid seals (Torc, Green Blade, Dustless Boots)
    5 explorer area seals (Robe of Fire, Bloodstone, Vulkoorim Pendant, Shield of the Scorpion, Tinder)
    3 total scrolls, all from the same run, none were raid scrolls.

The Robe of Fire seal was pulled from the first room's Scorpion Crest chest.

Community Member

chrono scope

seals

bloodplate :

timeblade
    gem of many facets
    diabolist

razorarm

charged gauntlets
    boot of corrosion
    scorched bracers
    helm of frost.
    envenomed cloak

Very few raid seals in oob, but the ones I did see where in the final side chest, non locked door one. None of the epic chests drop seals at all.
    My last run of Wiz King, a seal of the Silken Mail dropped in the epic chest. I'm assuming it was a bug, as I've NEVER seen a seal in an epic desert chest before, only shards. I wish I screenshotted it, sorry.

Vault of Night adventure pack items:

Plane of Night raid items:

Belt of the Mroranon - I've pulled 4 of these seals from the epic chest in von 1, and I've seen 2 other people pull them in the same run from this chest as well. This is likely the best place to farm for this seal.
    Kundarak Delving Suit - I've seen 2 drop from the chest down the collapsing floor in von 4.
    Kundarak Warding Bracers - I've pulled 2 of these out of maze chests in von 2, though I don't recall if they were from the same chest.
    Info in red about a few von seal locations.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

I got a Pouch of Jerky seal in OOB a couple days ago. It was in one of the side chests, not the first available one with the rednamed priest. It was also not in the last side door before the underwater shrine. I know it wasn't that one because we had to go back for that chest after the quest was complete due to low SP and the need to make the shrine. I'm pretty sure it was in the chest that Darkstinger guards, off the room with the second avatar.

As for VoN seals, I have run VoN4...a LOT. The others less often. Some of these seals will have come from 1&2, but not many (my luck there is awful). My current count is:

Delving Boots: 1
    Dragon's Eye: 1
    Silver Concord Cloak: 1
    Delving Suit: 4
    Hammer Of Life: 1 (90% sure I got this one from the epic chest in VoN2)
    Docent Of Grace: 1
    Warding Bracers: 2
    Azure Prophecy: 5
    Delving Goggles: 2
    SoS: 1 (definitely from the epic chest in 4)
    Ruby Gauntlets: 1
    Ironweave Robe: 1
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Demon Sands adventure pack items:

Zawabi's Revenge raid items:

Bracers of the Demon's Consort
    Bramble-Casters
    Chaosblade
    Cloak of the Zephyr
    Demon Scale Armor
    Dustless Boots
    Greenblade
    Lion-headed Belt Buckle
    Marilith Chain
    Pouch of Jerky
    Sandstorm Goggles
    Seal of the Earth
    Shining Crest of St. Markus
    Staff of Arcane Power
    Storm
    Torc of Prince-Raiyum-de II

Shards for all of these items drop only in the epic raid, Zawabi's Revenge. It's quite common to get one.
    Seals drop with a low drop rate in the side chests of epic Against the Demon Queen and I believe they also drop in all chests in Wiz-King, Offering of Blood and Chains of Flame at a very low drop rate.
    Scrolls for these items drop on the corpse of any dead monster in epic Demon Sands quests.
    I can confirm this, as I got my marilith chain seal & my sandstorm glasses seal in the end chest of Wiz king.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Any ideas about the droprates of seals of: Belt of the Mroranon and Ring of the Silver Concord? I've been farming for these two particular seals for 6 months, using 2 toons ransacking the easily accessible chests in EV1 (1 toon can unlock the guard tower chest), EV2, EV3, EV4, and timering out 3 toons in EV6, as well as completing EV1 and EV2 about once every 2 days. I've seen the ring seal once, in the EV2 end chest (lost the roll), and the belt seal about 6 times, 4 times in EV1 (end chest) and twice in EV6, none of which was ever for roll (sidenote: this must be the most desirable seal in the game or something because I've never heard of anyone putting this up for roll). They're both last pieces for me and it kind of bothers me to put half a year of work into something and not get anything. Am I farming the wrong chests? For example: for the ring seal, is it common in the END CHEST or just ANY EV3 chest?

Since I didn't see this mentioned yet: the belt seal is common in EV1.
    This is about 2000 chests, ~10-15% of which were end chests. I think I've pulled maybe 20 seals or so in this time, so I guess an average seal drop rate of 1% seems accurate for me.
    Last edited by scoobmx; 07-27-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast