Community Member

Default How Defenders Has Evolved

Defenders is a large guild on Orien with a large base of players who are diverse in level and skill. Though our guild has grown and become much strong over what has been nearly one year, we have not done so without resistance. We have faced challenges and grown as a guild. Though our member base is large and very diverse, we have an extemely talented core set of officers who bring our mission to life.

Our guild is here to help new and low level players learn about DDO and find out what aspects of this game they will most enjoy. As a player grows in knowledge, skill, and level, the guild continues to enhance the game experience with events and featurings that are hard to find in large guilds. Whether you are a newer player learning vast areas of the game with hide and seek games and learning how to do Kobold Assault on Elite, or a veteran player using our convenient ingredient exchange for greensteel or playing in our permadeath guild. Perhaps you want a guild where you can flag for raids and then be able to find group to do those raids. Maybe you are a newer player who is dedicated and wants to grow within a guild of very friendly players. Defenders has grown into a very respectable group.

Here is a small sample of what our guild can do in game;

- Dungeon training/help
    - Comprehensive grouping pool for quests and raids
    - Diverse options (Shroud, VoD, ADQ, Reaver's Fate, etc etc)
    - Create epic parties for level 20 players
    - Trade tomes, ingredients, and more through a comprehensive pawn and exchange trade system
    - Help you learn more about character builds
    - Two Words: SHIP BUFFS
    - Learn any aspect of the game you want
    - Active Permadeath Groups and Static Parties
    - Guild Games and Events
    - Free passes for free to play and premium members considering adventure packs
    - Tips and game advice

Here is a small sample of what we offer our members OUT of game (without those annoying third party banner paid websites);

- Our own domain website with a message board system (soon to include an IM system)
    - An extremely comprehensive Defenders-Only guild reputation system, used to gain permanent in-guild rewards
    - Our own calendar system for events, meetings, raids, and social announcements
    - Voicechat
    - A guild update/announcement page

The only way to see if you are a good fit for Defenders is to send a /tell to one of the officers online and ask for a Guild Recruitment Interview. You must be open minded, fun, and social. Most members in our guild fill a role that suits their personality which helps the guild maintain an extremely wide variety of activities.

If you are not interest in becoming a Defender, consider allying your guild with Defenders. Defenders members and officers are dedicated, very social, and reliable. They can invite allied members to our airship, into our chat servers, and even provide you access to some of our resources if you can use them. Since Defenders is active all day everye day, it is always easy to find members from our alliance to join your party for questing or raids.

Even if Defenders doesn't intrest you or is not the right fit for you, you can respect that fact that our guild helps new members who express an interest in the game appreciate DDO more, thus increasing the number of players who play the game. It is our view that members who have an elitist attitude toward players in this game are self-defeating, and our 650 member-strong force has moved out of the stages of childhood. Even if you didn't like Defenders months ago, you owe it to yourself to give it another look and talk to our officers.

Defenders is not for every player. Every guild needs to define what it is trying to accomplish. Our guild works to create an enhanced experience within DDO for dedicated, friendly, and loyal members. We do not strive to have the "best numbers" or require our members to do crazy things, like sign on every 5 days, play a certain number of raids, or pay us as soon as they hit level "11". A very large number of our members are very ambitious about epic gear, leveling as a TR player, or other "elite" activities... but others just want to have a group of players to talk to, group with, and play games with. It isn't the type of playing that makes a Defender... it's the player themselves.

If you want to know more about Defenders or see what people inside the guild really think, use the social panel to find online members or officers and simply ask them.

Leader: Kusto

2nd Command: Vianessa

Senior Officers: Spidercan, Mutiny, Eivenstarr, Lyreaneia

Smile

Sounds like a good guild to me. - IronWulf

It really is a great and fun guild to join, and a lot of helpful people too. You can work at your own pace and do as you please on your own schedule.

Great group, I'd suggest anyone looking for a good guild to check them out.

In my experience with them, their members have always been helpful and displayed competent to exceptional skill level.

Community Member

Default How Defenders has De-evolved

At first Defenders was a great guild. People helped each other out. We used to get paid to be members and if you where an officer you would get paid more, and if you recruited "x" amount of people you earned bonus plat. Many said this is a bad idea. Our pleas fell on empty ears. This guild is SOO very diluted.. sure if you want ship buffs.. I used to think hey at least I can find a group made of someone from the guild. Many Many and Many more times I would ask in guild chat. And too many times no one answered. Sad considering this may be the largest guild in the game on all servers.

Defenders De-Evolved. Might as well change the name to "Just another guild."

(Not ment to offend anyone. Just an account from my experience)

Zimdar Out

Stop going back to level 65 Defenders! Get some TR's and major guild renown pot in DD or something D: It sucks how a good guild with so many good people don't get their 3% experience shrine

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zimdar View Post
    At first Defenders was a great guild. People helped each other out. We used to get paid to be members and if you where an officer you would get paid more, and if you recruited "x" amount of people you earned bonus plat. Many said this is a bad idea. Our pleas fell on empty ears. This guild is SOO very diluted.. sure if you want ship buffs.. I used to think hey at least I can find a group made of someone from the guild. Many Many and Many more times I would ask in guild chat. And too many times no one answered. Sad considering this may be the largest guild in the game on all servers.

Defenders De-Evolved. Might as well change the name to "Just another guild."

(Not ment to offend anyone. Just an account from my experience)

Zimdar Out
    Heya Zimdar

That's unfortunate, I was pretty involved in Defenders at the very beginning when it was an excellent guild. Don't know if you remember me, but I was Dayvian. I redownloaded the game last night hoping to start playing again after a long and unexpected absence. I'm afraid of coming back into the guild and just being another player amongst the ranks. Who knows though, perhaps Kusto still has a place in his heart for me haha.

Community Member

Default I realize the thread is dead

BUT, I wanted to say I joined their...defenders initiates guild, this is basically a waiting room to the actual guild for people they were looking at letting join. A few posts above me states all their cool "benefits". Like the post above me says, "oooh ship buffs.", but all that Help they talk about is virtually non-existent, and I really feel like they've become elitists in the worst kind of way. I'll probably get flak for this post but I truly don't care. I had a revelation that I hate pugging, due to the fact that I kept getting stuck in parties that either bombed, or half-way through, part of the party would DC or leave and we'd have to quit. Because I stated my opinion that pugging sucks and I'd like to start a static group, the higher-ups wanted to kick me because I wasn't conforming. Not only that, I get rage mail sent to me, by one of the so called mature guild officers because of a misunderstanding through "TEXT". A common occurrence that's easily avoidable by not ass-u-ming things. And all I wanted to know was a time and date at which I could get some pointers, and maybe have a run with an officer so I could get into the actual guild. After feeling harassed I left. That was about 2 months ago, maybe others have had better experiences, and I hope they have. Maybe I'm just an ignorant and naive fool. But, that's what I experienced with this guild. I hate false advertisement.

/rant (sorry)
    Last edited by akillith; 08-02-2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Rant label.