Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crash of the server from event?

For the Mabar Festival event, did we crash the server with the masses of fog spells, blade barriers, walls of fire, and summons??? A raid party I was in during the dragon fight was going well until it happened. My toon flew up to the ceiling like it was Reavers and dropped back down, after that it shows the latency/connection icon go red, chats were able to be used and voice was still active until we were all kicked out of the game.
    Last edited by Sutekx; 10-25-2010 at 09:46 PM. Reason: adding more info regarding the event

Community Member CrimsonSpectre's Avatar

I think we did. Spectral dragon fight I was in hit massive lag and then froze all together. Lost connection to the server shortly after.

3 successful dragon fights here, but very laggy. Couldn't move around to fight, by the time my character took two steps the mobs were dead from fw. Glad the arcanes in my altar area were good.
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

I actually finished one, then got stuck on a loading screen while teleporting to house k, and when I restarted my client it had rolled my character back to the summoning chamber, with no scale......
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

Yes leave it to us on Ghallanda to bring down a server from a festival event

We just did it again, too.

We all know that when theres an event you ghallandians party too hard :P

Community Member

Default really messed up

if that was to end the event taking all our keys while in the dragon fight was messed up

Loading Game Data...

0.01kb/s

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    Loading Game Data...

0.01kb/s
    Yeah I am at the same thing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    Loading Game Data...

0.01kb/s
    I've got 0.02kb/s, do I win a prize?

Community Member sativathered6977's Avatar

yep...same here...lagged out and can't get into game
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably View Post
    Light up the darkness, Az.

This is to funny we had chat until crash hope we get our keys and or a scale for it.
    Ghallanda. Mexxell

Community Member

Did 3 successful runs tonight.
    One the third i had to Pull the lever and run around and flame on the dragon...he would then leave after a few seconds of roasting on high and then return later for more. Lots of laps later he was no more. 4 for 4 so far.

Only two that failed was the one on the first night the altar and all the urns turned to kobalds. Then tonight when we where easily killing the dragon and all of a sudden the world froze and we all talked about it for several minutes.

Now trying to get back into the world.

Back in the world, festival had ended, got kicked out and lost the key. =(

While this definatly reaks of suck i guess deciding to play starcraft2 tonight was the better idea for me
    To err is human, to forgive is divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
    Jinger~Docholiday~Fritobandito~Bandshee~Grudock~Seigeengine

hmmm.. I was on Ghallanda from 7pm - 12:26 (killed the last dragon. yay) and honestly didn't experience anything but the most minor and intermittent lag - and most of that occurred entering into the Open Palm Inn.

Didn't do anything but event so don't know what it was like trying to run in other areas. We were in instance 27 and did no instance hopping (well, I did make a round or two to see what was up, but the party stayed in 27).

Does this make it server, personal hardware, or provider lag?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooneyca View Post
    hmmm.. I was on Ghallanda from 7pm - 12:26 (killed the last dragon. yay) and honestly didn't experience anything but the most minor and intermittent lag - and most of that occurred entering into the Open Palm Inn.

Didn't do anything but event so don't know what it was like trying to run in other areas. We were in instance 27 and did no instance hopping (well, I did make a round or two to see what was up, but the party stayed in 27).

Does this make it server, personal hardware, or provider lag?
    I was kinda in the same boat. Played the event from about 7-11, killed three dragons, and had a small bit of lag during the dragon fights. Nothing show stopping but it was noticeable. I'd attack a gargoyle and wouldn't see damage messages for about 2 seconds. The lag seemed to lessen as the fight went on. The last time the dragon appeared in my room, I had almost no lag at all.

Basic, universal rogue build advice
    "Not in the face! Not in the faaaaaace!"

there were only 38 instances going, and we got booted fromt eh server , but right back into the run to start over again. 3 down and dirty runs for me. near 2 epic items also

Quote Originally Posted by Draccus View Post
    I was kinda in the same boat. Played the event from about 7-11, killed three dragons, and had a small bit of lag during the dragon fights. Nothing show stopping but it was noticeable. I'd attack a gargoyle and wouldn't see damage messages for about 2 seconds. The lag seemed to lessen as the fight went on. The last time the dragon appeared in my room, I had almost no lag at all.
    Similar experience for me.

A little bit of lag in the second to last dragon fight. The last dragon fight was fine in the altar room I was in. Otherwise maybe a little bit of lag now and then. Nothing game affecting, no boots, and no zone loading issues
    Male Fairy: "Dont cry my dear. You know what I do when I'm sad?"
    Felicia Day Fairy: "Look douchy..."

Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    Actually, if this Nerf's one of Shade's barb's I doubly support this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast