Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hadn't noticed any issues with intim until tonight, mostly because I'd been using it as a supplement to DPS, but a ToD run went sideways and I tried grabbing Horoth's aggro so we could stabilize. Had him for about 3 seconds before he went off to chew on somebody else. Something is definitely wrong with intim (either in general or on Horoth specifically).
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Hadn't noticed any issues with intim until tonight, mostly because I'd been using it as a supplement to DPS, but a ToD run went sideways and I tried grabbing Horoth's aggro so we could stabilize. Had him for about 3 seconds before he went off to chew on somebody else. Something is definitely wrong with intim (either in general or on Horoth specifically).

that someone else was my rogue and I was on trash duty..

"Come on folks its easy" Tico 20 Cleric, Montico Arti, Longlife 18/2 Ranger/monk, Jaaomae wc 20, Teeco Cleric

Updating with latest experiences.

I can't reliably tank VoD or ToD with intimidate anymore because the bosses will only be locked for a second before turning to face other players.

The yellow symbol is coming up over their heads each time and they are turning to face me for a moment before turning away again.

Intimidate has completely changed since around the time of the last update.

A successful intimidate is not longer guaranteeing aggro for the duration of the cooldown.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Astraghal View Post

I can't reliably tank VoD or ToD with intimidate anymore because the bosses will only be locked for a second before turning to face other players.

The yellow symbol is coming up over their heads each time and they are turning to face me for a moment before turning away again.

A successful intimidate is not longer guaranteeing aggro for the duration of the cooldown.

Thought I (and others) just did.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeblood View Post
    that someone else was my rogue and I was on trash duty..
    Didn't help that you were running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

VoD Elite, happened often. My Intimi-bard has a no-fail against Suulo. He would keep turning around, even if I waited about a 1/2 second or so. He would shrug it off, and pound sand...

Community Member

did VoD and ToD once on my intimi since the update with no problems at all... even the judge was stuck on me all the time, before he'd teleport every time I hit the intimidate.

but did anyone stop to wonder why half-elves get extra intim/diplo/bluff on separate cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Zharfie View Post
    did VoD and ToD once on my intimi since the update with no problems at all... even the judge was stuck on me all the time, before he'd teleport every time I hit the intimidate.

but did anyone stop to wonder why half-elves get extra intim/diplo/bluff on separate cooldown?
    Yes, this point has been raised by a few tanks in my guild. If Intimidate was changed to make half-elves better in comparison, that seems like an annoyingly unfair penalty to the previous characters. It's a bit less annoying if the change is an unintended consequence of giving HEs two timers - provided a fix is implemented.
    Last edited by Mercureal; 11-08-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Community Member

As a Half Elf intimitank.. I noticed this as well. Sometimes it appears to work just normally, others I see the yellow finger and it does that hit me an run off anyway. Of note the half elf intim is on a 12 second cooldown and lasts 6, not going to break the game. But it does appear to be acting funky.

If the probelms are down to some kind of lag, I'd be happy if they just made intimidate an aura effect that can be toggled on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Astraghal View Post

yup. i was always holding sally in this raid, always , she never turned away but now, she always turns away at party members, regardless the intimi check that ALWAYS succeeds. she faces me for 1 -2 seconds hiting me then turns away at ppl

to be honest, i had to cancel my VOD guild raid since i m useless as intimitank there anymore , and dps is not my best at all...

Community Member

OK. Haven't been doing many runs on my tank recently.

Test 1: Shield Blocking Suulo in TOD (normal I think) - a minute delay before hitting intim - zero problems.

Test 2: Shield Blocking Suulo in TOD (hard I think) - a minute delay before hitting intim - zero problems.

Test 3: TWF + intim on Suulo (hard) in VOD. Once Suulo turned - and I think that was when I hit intim exactly when my timer was up. Interestingly Suulo bugged out severely at another point, standing there doing nothing for quite some time. But basically intim worked fine.

Test 4: TWF + intim on Harry (normal) in part 4. Again with a small delay between cool down and hitting it - it worked fine.

So far intim has basically been fine. However, I am aware I haven't experimented extensively, so I am still nervous.
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

Quote Originally Posted by puppets17 View Post
    yup. i was always holding sally in this raid, always , she never turned away but now, she always turns away at party members, regardless the intimi check that ALWAYS succeeds. she faces me for 1 -2 seconds hiting me then turns away at ppl

to be honest, i had to cancel my VOD guild raid since i m useless as intimitank there anymore , and dps is not my best at all...
    Intimitanking was so situational, that now with intimidate broken, I'm seriously considering just LR'ing into a max STR/CON kensei fighter.

Already invested too much time and gear into what's now a completely gimped build concept.

Default intimilag

Heres my 2 cents.

What I believe we are facing is the intimilag. Since U7. It was worse when we had deleras event, wich just gives further evidence to believe its lag.

When I first had it, I was sorta clueless. After some time I realized It could have been lag.

I turtle up most of the times, especially at raid bosses. When I turtle up, all I do is madly press my intimi shortcut button. The first time it works, the second, it does not. The boss leaves me and start running amok.

My theory was I was pressing the intimidate after the cooldown on my client, but the time the server got my request, the cooldown on the server wasnt done yet. That expends an "intimi charge", makes me on a cooldown, and screws the partys life.

While I cant prove it, the workaround I am using seems to work and gives ground to my theory. Instead of pressing it madly, I wait one or two seconds after the intimidate cooldown, then I press it again. It solved so far and most of the bosses dont turn and brings amok in just 2 seconds.

Another thing that wasnt work was intimirunning. If a mob was running too fast, my intimi wasnt working as well. And that again gives ground to my theory. If I was having lag, the time I intimin the mob, it would have been far away from me on the server. Again, being on the mobs way or asking ppls to stop running like a headless chicken solved that issue as well.

I dont have the time to read 4 pages worth of discussion, but I hope I am adding something new. I ll try to catch you up.
    Last edited by joaofalcao; 11-12-2010 at 05:10 AM.

I'm still waiting for answers.

Intimidate was changed around the time of update 7, why hasn't this been addressed yet?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234