Founder
    Enlightened Completionist

Unhappy Force Ritual Handwraps (no damage)

So, with the announcement that Force Ritual will now work with handwraps I spent many boring hours grinding the collectables needed. After the event in the graveyard, where the 2nd attempt to fight the dragon consumed 5 keys and still didn't let me in , I wanted to end on a good note and went to the stone of change and added the Force Ritual to two handwraps. I then proceeded to the Subs to go see my handy work. Even though the wraps say the stone of change ritual worked I am not seeing the 1pt of force damage in either the combat log or over the mob's head with the n+n+n damage display. I have bug reported it but I was wanting to know if other monks are still having this issue.

Thanks,
    Martens -The Enlightened One, Triple-Cubed Completionist, "Abbot Slayer," Mournlander (30 Monk Martens' 3.0 Build) * Marten (30 Cleric) Sarlona
    ** My IRL Epic **

Put them in the stone of change and run them through again by themselves to see if that fixes it.

Community Member

You could try putting them back in the Stone by themselves. I think I've heard that fixes things sometimes.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Mobeius View Post
    Put them in the stone of change and run them through again by themselves to see if that fixes it.
    Thanks, the both of you, for this I will try it.
    Martens -The Enlightened One, Triple-Cubed Completionist, "Abbot Slayer," Mournlander (30 Monk Martens' 3.0 Build) * Marten (30 Cleric) Sarlona
    ** My IRL Epic **

Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    Thanks, the both of you, for this I will try it.
    YW, its actually and old bug, and thats how you fixed it before. Supposedly this was supposed to be fixed this update, or so I thought.

Founder

Thumbs up Worked

YW, its actually and old bug, and thats how you fixed it before. Supposedly this was supposed to be fixed this update, or so I thought.
    Yes, it did work:
    (Standard): Stone of Change success with Ritual of Second Chances! Created: +3 Holy Handwraps of Pure Good. +3 Holy Handwraps of Pure Good becomes +3 Holy Handwraps of Pure Good.
    Tested on the battle field. Since I did this all after U7, I can only assume the fix in U7 did not take.

Thanks again and I hope others that have this issue can find this so they can be helped too.
    Last edited by Marten; 10-22-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: contraction typo
    ** My IRL Epic **

Community Member

Thanks to everyone also! I also had this problem.

Just had a thought... Potentially you two crafted that before U7?

Quote Originally Posted by Marten View Post
    I wanted to end on a good note and went to the stone of change and added the Force Ritual to two handwraps.
    Hopefully the OP was mistaken and added that line in, otherwise this question will be a staple til U8+.

Founder

Just had a thought... Potentially you two crafted that before U7?
    Nope, since I had been keeping up with the U7 changes I purposely waited until after the patch to add them... one of the handwraps had not even been bound to me yet. So, it seems the U7 fix did not take.

I wanted to test this on Lam but I had xferd my monk before I had the collectables and was not going to do that grind there too... guess I should have asked a Dev to give me them so I could test.

I submitted a bug report and suggest that anyone else that has this issue do the same until the Devs tell us to stop.
    ** My IRL Epic **

Community Member

can't put force ritual on named loot...

Quote Originally Posted by Pumilio View Post
    can't put force ritual on named loot...
    Umm.. Yes you can?

I'm not in game right now - I'll add a SS when I get home.

Community Member

you can but it won't work.

Screenshot doesn't mean much in this case I'm afraid.

Currently, all the named HW can have the enchantment placed on them, and they will show up on examination. But during usage, you never get the extra Force damage coming out. Known bug.

No idea if Turbine intend to "fix" this though.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Just added Force Damage Ritual to my Epic Wraps of Endless Light. Tested in PVP, has no effect.

Running the wraps through the Stone of Change by themselves (and the Altar of Epic Rituals) just have the 'nothing happened' response. Tested again in PVP, still no Force Damage.

Bug reported.

Wish I'd seen this thread first.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)