Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

So, honest advice.

I believe that is a charm or compulsion. You should be able to avoid it if that is the case. Some of the Silver Flame / Pro Evil clickies / blessings do that I think. I suspect Pale Masters may also be immune.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

The OP's post makes me want to roll up a bard as fast as possible.
    Sarlona: Riyana | Ilyrae | Elaeria | Arlayh | Aryis | Lyanis | Yaera | Kyilsi | Malitae | Niariel | Laeriya
    'Polluting Sarlona with gimpy elves since 2009.'
    Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    So, honest advice.

I believe that is a charm or compulsion. You should be able to avoid it if that is the case. Some of the Silver Flame / Pro Evil clickies / blessings do that I think. I suspect Pale Masters may also be immune.
    My Will save is 33 max buffed. His Perform skill is 70. I can't roll anything to save but a 20 which would make me save.
    Favorite Quote: "Why are you being so serious?" - The Joker

(how do I get interviewed by DDO because I have lots of cool ideas)

Quote Originally Posted by h4x0r1f1c View Post
    My Will save is 33 max buffed. His Perform skill is 70. I can't roll anything to save but a 20 which would make me save.
    Some Pro Evil items make you IMMUNE to charms and compulsions. That's what I'm suggesting. It's how people avoid dominate, etc. in PVE.

Some Pro Evil items make you IMMUNE to charms and compulsions. That's what I'm suggesting. It's how people avoid dominate, etc. in PVE.
    Most all of those spells only work against EVIL casters, which you won't find in the PvP pit.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

OK. Lost my rag now.

Yes mantle doesn't stop it. ITS NOT MAGIC. that's why beholders can't get rid of it with their antimagic glare.

Yes its massively hard to resist - ITS A VIRTUOSO BARD SONG. It's what they do. Its their class feature. Sorcs class feature is phenomenal cosmic power with an ittybitty range of flexibility.

I think - if I was being charitable - I might suggest that the periodic save freqency was reduced for PvP, as with some other effect durations. But not the saving throws, or anything else about it. Its supposed to be powerful. Because if they're using song of capering, they're a virtuoso. So the chances are their actual damage output is not going to be on a par with yours. even remotely. Even with manyshot if they happen to be a ranger/bard or an elf bard. or an elf ranger/bard.

And I'll tell you something else. Virtuoso's get little enough love, from devs or from players. So if it turns out they're great for PvP, that at least is something. You've got a WF sorceror. You're a self healing glass cannon. A glass cannon. You put out massive damage, in return for you that you aren't supposed to be particularly resilient. Someone stops you putting out your damage, you're useless. that's how it is. Its called tactics. That's what PvP is supposed to be about - outwitting your human opponent. So outwit them. You have CC spells available to you - you just have to spec for it. Bards don't have a massively high will save. Get them before they get you.

Or here's a thought: go play a pvp game. This isn't that game!

Honestly, I don't want to stop you PvPing if that's your thing. But there's SO many better things for the devs to be spending their time on which improves the real focus of the game - pve - that anything they do to PvP that isn't snap-your-fingers-quick simply isn't worth it to most people around here. I'm sorry, but its true. You really do need to learn to deal with it. You're the only person making any kind of regular threads in the PvP forum - what does that tell you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

I have Protection from Evil and a Fragment of the Silver Flame but it only protects you from stuff like Greater Command but not Otto's Irresistible Dance or even the Bard's Song of Capering.
    Favorite Quote: "Why are you being so serious?" - The Joker

(how do I get interviewed by DDO because I have lots of cool ideas)

just get rid of PvP
    The only useful words in all your post!

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Please stop hinting and just get rid of PvP
    /signed

Pvp should be removed from this game until people stop making nerf threads regarding pvp. It is there for dull entertainment between quests, not as a fully balanced and functional play mode.

The day DDO balance starts to take into account pvp is the day the game loses a lot of its players.

I have no interest in PVP, thus will not test this even though I amusingly find myself with both a capped bard and a Pale Master warforged.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Wizar..._The_Dark_Arts

- indicates it should protect against not-just-evil casters. Note that ITEMS DO NOT DO THIS, only the active spell.

It may not work against a song, but it it something you can try. If you care to do so, that is. If you don't, no worries - was actually and honestly trying to offer you a potential solution to your problem.

Community Member

Lol, this thread cracks me up...

There aren't bad classes, or good ones either...

Just the players...

Good or bad...

They need to make a new quest, with a map like the wayward lobster, where the objective is to kill "Dispel, the PvP expert" in as many humiliating and degrading ways as possible.

Please stop hinting and just get rid of PvP if you're going to do this, Turbine.
    Your best suggestion to date. I'd +1 you, but then I'd have to...punish myself
    Sohryu ~ Raven's Guard ~ Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

Please stop hinting and just get rid of PvP if you're going to do this, Turbine.
    GREAT IDEA!!!!!
    /signed!!

oh and LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

[Pedestrian] Everytime I step out into traffic, I get hit by a car.

[Cop] Dont step out into traffic...

[Pedestrian] I see other people walking across the road! I want to walk across the road too!!!!1111!!1

[Cop] They are using the crosswalk... WAI

LOL...at that point I would have pulled out the Enervation scrolls and used them until you begged me to stop....I have tears in my eyes from laughing.
    Some people are like Slinkies
    They don't really have a purpose
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by k1ngp1n View Post
    The OP's post makes me want to roll up a bard as fast as possible.
    I am gonna make a bard AA with manyshot slayer arrows and a wounding bow of greater construct bane.

19. 10-20-2010, 06:42 PM

I have Protection from Evil and a Fragment of the Silver Flame but it only protects you from stuff like Greater Command but not Otto's Irresistible Dance or even the Bard's Song of Capering.
    Both of them do nothing if the caster casting Greater Command is GOOD or NEUTRAL.
    - I've been to so many raids, but I wouldn't call myself a vet, since I have yet to try out different strategies, tactics and classes in raids.
    - Main in sig, alts: Frostiee, Aliciae, Amandae

HA Ha hA Ha ha roflmao HA Ha hA Ha ha lmao HA Ha hA Ha ha roflmao HA Ha hA Ha ha lmao...

now that's funny. I woulda liked to have seen that.

hmm... now what should I roll first on sarlona? A bard or an AA?

edit: Creeper = brilliant! a bard - AA.
    Last edited by krud; 10-21-2010 at 10:20 AM.
    Ghallanda: Neatoelf15wiz/1rgr, Neetoelf17wiz, NeatoManhuman13rog/6pal/1mnk, NeatoHombrehuman12ftr/6pal/2rog, Kneetoedwarf17clr, Kneedoughdrow18clr/2mnk

Minimize expectations and you'll never be disappointed

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast