Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

This thing isn't even line of sight. My friends tested it.

One was in one corner the other was down low behind a wall in another corner and he got him.
    Favorite Quote: "Why are you being so serious?" - The Joker

(how do I get interviewed by DDO because I have lots of cool ideas)

2. 10-25-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by h4x0r1f1c View Post
    This thing isn't even line of sight. My friends tested it.

One was in one corner the other was down low behind a wall in another corner and he got him.
    Here is the thing about music...

You don't have to see the person playing it to be able to hear it.

Look...just quit PvP. It isn't doing you any good. It is an afterthought in the game. It isn't a focus of the game.

Quit trying to ruin the game by asking for things to be nerfed for PvP.

If something gets nerfef for PvP, it will effect the rest of the game. The game isn't about PvP, shouldn't be about PvP, should stay with the PvE focus and all the abilities and spells should stay the way they are because they are PvE balanced.

If you really want to win in PvP, you need to figure out how to compete against other class abilities. If you don't learn how to deal with other classes and their abilities, you are not a very good player and should just not PvP because all those other players are better that you and will pwn you.

The people that you actually pwn are probably not very good players yet but give them time. They will either learn how to deal with your overpowered for PvP build or they are in the same boat at you...not a very good player.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KillEveryone View Post
    Here is the thing about music...

You don't have to see the person playing it to be able to hear it.

Look...just quit PvP. It isn't doing you any good. It is an afterthought in the game. It isn't a focus of the game.

Quit trying to ruin the game by asking for things to be nerfed for PvP.

If something gets nerfef for PvP, it will effect the rest of the game. The game isn't about PvP, shouldn't be about PvP, should stay with the PvE focus and all the abilities and spells should stay the way they are because they are PvE balanced.

If you really want to win in PvP, you need to figure out how to compete against other class abilities. If you don't learn how to deal with other classes and their abilities, you are not a very good player and should just not PvP because all those other players are better that you and will pwn you.

The people that you actually pwn are probably not very good players yet but give them time. They will either learn how to deal with your overpowered for PvP build or they are in the same boat at you...not a very good player.
    In a competition, both opponents have different chances (%) to win. For example, a meele combatant can compete against a spellcaster by evading directional spells, having high HP (500+), working on doable saves (saving throws of 35 + d20 against difficulty check of 45), and getting buffs (spell resistance, protection from elements, resist elements, deathward, etc).

However, there is no competition when one oponent has 0% chance to fend for himself (instead depending on a 19/20 chance to fight every 3 seconds)

I don't know why even bother with a saving throw in the description of the Song of Capering. A "95% chance to land the song" suits better if it is gonna be that way.

It is not about to nerf something because of PvP, but to adapt something to Dungeon & Dragons Online. For example, Fly was not implemented, instead we have Leap of Faith and Abundant Step. Therefore, Song of Capering was not well adapted. IMO

I would just remove the 20 sided dice from the Difficulty Check (currently: d20 + 15 gear + 23 levels + 15 ability modifier). A 53 DC is pretty high, above the 40+ DC from spellcasters, but at least there is a chance to save against it, so there is competition.

Anyways, if a change is not coming soon, I gotta request the following feat:

Van Gogh's Ear I Feat: You remove one of your ears by imitating an artist of other realm. Grants a +20 bonus to saves against Will-based song effects.

Van Gogh's Ear II Feat: Immunity to song effects.

Community Member

Default Hi

I was in PvP and I got danced by a bard with a 70 Perform from across the pit.

Across the pit. 70 Perform. 30 Will + a 19 roll = 49.

70-49=21 ... 21+19=40 ... I can't roll a 40 to save.

This also bypassed my Mantle and my Ioun Stone.

Especially the case if they're able to whip out a Manyshot + Slayer Arrows.

Please stop hinting and just get rid of PvP if you're going to do this, Turbine.
    DDO was never meant for PvP, should never have had PvP and will be 10,000% better off to be rid of it. Nothing in the game should be changed or altered as a result of what happens there. If you love PvP there are plenty of games that specialize in it and are made for it. This game is about teamwork and quests. The only legitamte use for PvP is for testing things or for fun. Nothing in the game should be altered to accommodate anyone wishing it to be more than that.

2007 WSOP Event 37 Bracelet Winner
    Archangels of Thelanis

...Please stop hinting and just get rid of PvP .....
    /signed

If i could run in and fasinate every PVPer for 22 hours strait it would be the only thing i did......

Not because i want to grief or care about pvp, just so it would give HAX 22 hours of forum nerf thread making time so we could all chuckle....

HAX im really not trying to be a lame here, but....really? Go get an XBOX bro....there is millions of games that are made for epople that enjoy pvp style games, this is not one of them, and hopefully will never be one.
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mehlinda View Post
    DDO was never meant for PvP, should never have had PvP and will be 10,000% better off to be rid of it. Nothing in the game should be changed or altered as a result of what happens there. If you love PvP there are plenty of games that specialize in it and are made for it. This game is about teamwork and quests. The only legitamte use for PvP is for testing things or for fun. Nothing in the game should be altered to accommodate anyone wishing it to be more than that.
    Many things (cooldowns, effect timers, damage calculation factor, etc) in the game have been changed to bring smoothness to the online community.
    Flesh to Stone is no longer a permanent spell. What would happen if a 6 people group get permanently FtSed? or if you get permanently FtSed in the arena, no one willing to Stone to Flesh you? That's why Flesh to Stone got and improvement.

Yes. There is not "nerfing" or weakening of spells, skills or effects, but an improvement of them in order to bring consistency to a D&D Realm inhabited by the people from the Realm beyond D&D (by us).

Say I had a 50 Will save... (nobody does)
    My Cleric breaks 50 buffed. Next question.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    My Cleric breaks 50 buffed. Next question.
    here is a tip h4x0r1f1c songs don't work on undeath (or some wiz ) to bad your a sorc
    Virt II makes elujin smile !

Quote Originally Posted by elujin View Post
    here is a tip h4x0r1f1c songs don't work on undeath (or some wiz ) to bad your a sorc
    *Looks down at Aura and stack of Heal Scrolls*

I am?
    ~ Ascent~

not sure why i quoted you there i am sure i had my reasons at that time ( or pressed quote instead of post) XD
    Virt II makes elujin smile !

Quote Originally Posted by elujin View Post
    not sure why i quoted you there i am sure i had my reasons at that time ( or pressed quote instead of post) XD
    Oh, ok. For a second there, I thought I did the fastest TR and re-cap in DDO history...
    ~ Ascent~

I was in PvP and I got danced by a bard with a 70 Perform from across the pit.

Across the pit. 70 Perform. 30 Will + a 19 roll = 49.

70-49=21 ... 21+19=40 ... I can't roll a 40 to save.

This also bypassed my Mantle and my Ioun Stone.

Especially the case if they're able to whip out a Manyshot + Slayer Arrows.

Please stop hinting and just get rid of PvP if you're going to do this, Turbine.
    Hmmmm you one of those people who is no good on the dance floor? Go back to being a wallflower. .

If you want them to get rid of pvp? why do you keep going into pvp?

At least he whipped out his bow and put you out of your misery. You should be thanking him for that.

Community Member

yeah i'd tend to agree mostly because if you're taking a race required prestigeline then you shouldn't be able to double up with a class prestige enhancment line. sez right in all the prestige lines that only one may be active at a time.

song of capering as i understand is a prestige song.

but more than that i have a few issues with it. in the brawlingroom it hits for 1 minute but in a pvp zone it hits for like 5 seconds.... should be 5 seconds everywhere since they can have up to three dance effects on you at one time..... and keep you permanently danced/fascinated.

another issue, it's instant, how can u instantly dance anything with a song on the very first note, i know it's a game but....? should at leaste have to be half way through the song before the dance hits shouldn't it?

the whole no way to save it bit? i'm cool with that.

Community Member

I'd like to ask the admins to nerf everything that can kill me in pvp too, here's the list:
    -Manyshot
    -Slaying arrow
    -Wizard past life (though i have an ioun stone now)
    -Please nerf the ioun stone as well, it gives my sorc some trouble to kill others with it
    -You should remove blur effect, because my ranger won't have trueseeing if i TR, so i won't be able to kill in pvp on ~lvl1-16.

I love pvp, but not all the crying about it. I'd be ok if they removed it, wouldn't say a word, though probably i would go and play something with PvP and PvE systems too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekeon View Post
    In a competition, both opponents have different chances (%) to win. For example, a meele combatant can compete against a spellcaster by evading directional spells, having high HP (500+), working on doable saves (saving throws of 35 + d20 against difficulty check of 45), and getting buffs (spell resistance, protection from elements, resist elements, deathward, etc).

However, there is no competition when one oponent has 0% chance to fend for himself (instead depending on a 19/20 chance to fight every 3 seconds)

I don't know why even bother with a saving throw in the description of the Song of Capering. A "95% chance to land the song" suits better if it is gonna be that way.

It is not about to nerf something because of PvP, but to adapt something to Dungeon & Dragons Online. For example, Fly was not implemented, instead we have Leap of Faith and Abundant Step. Therefore, Song of Capering was not well adapted. IMO

I would just remove the 20 sided dice from the Difficulty Check (currently: d20 + 15 gear + 23 levels + 15 ability modifier). A 53 DC is pretty high, above the 40+ DC from spellcasters, but at least there is a chance to save against it, so there is competition.

Anyways, if a change is not coming soon, I gotta request the following feat:

Van Gogh's Ear I Feat: You remove one of your ears by imitating an artist of other realm. Grants a +20 bonus to saves against Will-based song effects.

Van Gogh's Ear II Feat: Immunity to song effects.
    Well, casters can hit really hard with their spells, even if you have resists. We should nerf them too.

Warforged shouldn't be able to heal themselves in PvP because that is just unfair to the melees that can't UMD a heal scroll to be able to heal themselves after getting hit with one of the caster spells. Maybe we should add a 40 sided die to the heal scrolls so they have a chance at UMDing a scroll.

How about that Irresistable dance. No saves agains that. A arcane uses magic missle and uses up any any charges that your anti magic item has then hits you with that dance. You can't do anything about it.

A couple of new feats so that my songs are not useful. I'm not for that. I don't get Mass Hold Monster as a bard. This is the only mass CC that I can use without having to drag critters into my set up CC because disco ball can't be used while running and if these feats get implemented, it is possible that the dev's will think it would make a good addition to mobs.

Take away the die roll. No thanks. Again I don't want my PvE affected by PvP. Songs are what the bard has going for them and I don't want that nerfed just because PvPers are upset.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

I have never been hit with a Bard's Song of Capering in PvP.

Ask me how...

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    I have never been hit with a Bard's Song of Capering in PvP.

Ask me how...
    How PopeJual? How is it possible? Magical supreme special item? Epic clicky? Potion? Speel? Weepon? Magical armors? Chromatic Ioun stonez????!!?!?!

TEELZ meh!

Quote Originally Posted by Diib View Post
    Pvp should be removed from this game until people stop making nerf threads regarding pvp. It is there for dull entertainment between quests, not as a fully balanced and functional play mode.

The day DDO balance starts to take into account pvp is the day the game loses a lot of its players.
    but the pvp nerf threads are also dull entertainment like pvp as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    How PopeJual? How is it possible? Magical supreme special item? Epic clicky? Potion? Speel? Weepon? Magical armors? Chromatic Ioun stonez????!!?!?!

TEELZ meh!
    H4X needs more cowbell.

PopeJual has sufficient cowbell.

Question, answered.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast