Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

Default Let's make a Constitution!

I missed something I think, but apparently there are rules in PvP.

People run around whacking on everything that moves, I get that part.

The lowest-level character is always the first to die unless they're partied with an 18+ warforged, got that.

Arcane archers kill everything, rock, scissors, and paper, and all their children.

Some spells are 'cheap', like PwS or Otto's. Sorta got that.

And, of course, if a character kills your alt and/or your higher-level toon a number of times greater than zero, the immediate solution is to enter a wild screaming rage and spawntrap them forever.

But what I can't understand is why people get so upset when I use Contagion!

Any rules I'm missing? Unspoken guidelines?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by hityawithastick View Post
    And, of course, if a character kills your alt and/or your higher-level toon a number of times greater than zero, the immediate solution is to enter a wild screaming rage and spawntrap them forever.
    Not sure what "spawntrap" means, but if it means keeping them stunned/dazed/danced for more than 10 or so seconds, without killing them, you can be banned for that.

But what I can't understand is why people get so upset when I use Contagion!
    Sounds legit to me. People get ****ed about Dispel/Greater Dispel too, from what I've heard.

3. 10-19-2010, 03:03 PM

4. 10-19-2010, 04:11 PM

inah
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    D&D promotes gang activity? Ya, because when I meet a bunch of Crypts I obviously assume they are all D20 players.
    What a stupid ruling, we all know that D&D promotes satanism, not gangs.
    In-Game Eldgrim The Gray-FvS Life Now

6. 10-19-2010, 04:24 PM

7. 10-19-2010, 05:08 PM

Community Member

pretty sure it's 2minutes of CC can get you banned... this rule was included because flesh to stone used to be permanent unless you make a save that only happened once every minute... people would routinely flesh to stone a noob and just leave him there... ah the good-ole days...

Community Member CrescentCalling_5's Avatar

I'm gonna start casting Break Enchantment on people in the PvP tavern areas. Just because.
    Home Server: Cannith
    I am broccolli, and I am a vampire, 'nough said.
    I farm TP on cannith, my goal is the Vault, Vale, and Gianthold, send me a pm on the forums if you wanna join

So if someone cripples you and stayes on the ladder so you cant leave then that person can be banned. Were is the rules to this? This has happened multiple times to me by a certian PvP bully.

I do not enter there because of bullies like that. PvP arena's are there for everyone and it seems that everytime I enter and am try out new gear away from the main group I get plowed by some ***hole. Then I ask him to leave me alone, and then get crippled/limbchopped so I am permanantly slowed and he blocks the ladder no choice but to call for some to come kill me. Where are the rules?

I got one rule for PVP, one that works perfectly for me. I stay the **** away from it altogether

Quote Originally Posted by fullpozzy View Post
    So if someone cripples you and stayes on the ladder so you cant leave then that person can be banned. Were is the rules to this? This has happened multiple times to me by a certian PvP bully.

I do not enter there because of bullies like that. PvP arena's are there for everyone and it seems that everytime I enter and am try out new gear away from the main group I get plowed by some ***hole. Then I ask him to leave me alone, and then get crippled/limbchopped so I am permanantly slowed and he blocks the ladder no choice but to call for some to come kill me. Where are the rules?
    Put in a ticket reporting the guy for harassment. This sort of thing is expressly forbidden, and the GMs will take action.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member

Well, the Lobster pit is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. If you want to test stuff I suggest using one of the other pits or dueling a friend.

Community Member

people, it's a brawling room. here sound it out, b r a w l. the word completely nagates words such as "rules" and "courtasy". it does however endorse words such as "murder" "maim" "criple" "blind" "death". ;et the brawling room mean something, a complete free for all.

on the other hand, it does endorse "getting butthurt at someone" yer always gonnah have that.

rules shmools. people started this nonsense because they were just looking for a reason to pound someone. "hey you shot someone first! that means you get camped for the rest of your life." as someone who truely has been given true and gratifying revenge on people who made the afformentioned comment, even seen their whole guild crumble in ruin after destrying them and everyone they new, i love brawling with instant healing/resurection

it's just a pitty when they wont stay dead lol.

it seems like anything someone else doesnt like is "banned". i understand 2 minutes of cc and stuff, but well, what if my caster doesnt like trip. if he gets hit with trip, his low str/dex is almost always a fail. or just like the caster that is jumping around using mm aiming at everyone that comes in front of him. i dont dance people, but some stuff like that jumping **** shoudl be taken out, or make MM and other spells of that nature only aimable, so if they want to jump, they can try to aim 2. and if they are doing both, then theyre good.

Quote Originally Posted by fullpozzy View Post

That is why the best practice would be to get teams and do the arenas, not the tavern pits were allot of the scum decide to make them selves feel like good at the expense of others.

Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

But it feels so nice when you catch the scumbags off guard. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.