Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jeiyuu View Post
    Glenalth - i will keep an eye out in the AH for silver bows, hopefully they don't sell too steep
    Auction house price varies quite a bit, but if you're patient they tend to turn up at the lvl 6 weapon broker fairly often.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Someday I will TR my Great Crossbow Kensei Ftr into a Rgr.

He we be a Human Deepwoods Sniper. He will use bows and great crossbows. (maybe even repeaters)

And he "will not" take Shot on the Run.

We will maximise Hide/MS and Spot.

Hope that helps.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Default Updated Build 10-20-2010

Hello DDO community,

Taking into consideration all of your comments and suggestions, I created a new build from scratch. I decided to omit the prestige alltogether, added TWF feats to make this character more versitile, and decided to use only ability points and not enhancement points on hide, spot, and move silently.

Please provide some feedback on how you see this build will survive. (Updated first post)

Thank you,

Jeiyuu
    Last edited by jeiyuu; 10-20-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Please critique my Pure Ranger Build: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=280612

Community Member

Just wanted to bump this thread to the top. Please provide some insight (weak spots) to this build so I can make the necessary adjustments. Thanks.
    Please critique my Pure Ranger Build: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=280612

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Someday I will TR my Great Crossbow Kensei Ftr into a Rgr.

He we be a Human Deepwoods Sniper. He will use bows and great crossbows. (maybe even repeaters)

And he "will not" take Shot on the Run.

We will maximise Hide/MS and Spot.

Hope that helps.
    I'm moderately amused with the prospect of a Mechanic / Deepwood Sniper.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

SO your not taking AA? i mean you have all the feats for it anyway? inclueding mental toughness, which is nice but not something that you absulotely have to have if your not going AA. Also maybe take evil outsiders before contructs?
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-20-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    SO your not taking AA? i mean you have all the feats for it anyway? inclueding mental toughness, which is nice but not something that you absulotely have to have if your not going AA. Also maybe take evil outsiders before contructs?
    after much debate, i think i will be going the AA path..

thanks for the recommendation of changing the evil outsiders with the conrtucts - will definitely implement that.

now the only debate is determining whether or not to stay with a STR build, or go DEX build because of AA.

If you want versatility, keep your dexterity and strength balanced so you can have a decent to hit with your bow and decent damage with both your weapons and bow while not having to waste a feat on Weapon Finesse.

If you're going Elf, this typically means that you can take every level up in strength since you'll get +2 dex from elf enhancements and +3 from ranger enhancements on top of the +2 racial bonus when you create your character.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member AltheaSteelrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I'm moderately amused with the prospect of a Mechanic / Deepwood Sniper.
    I am building one now

thanks for the recommendation of changing the evil outsiders with the conrtucts - will definitely implement that.

now the only debate is determining whether or not to stay with a STR build, or go DEX build because of AA.
    You can try my build, STR based Bard AA ranger, can be retrofitted to be either Virtouso or Warchanter(my current setup), can dual wield scimitars and get manyshot and as a plus note, can also be tweaked to be full archer or full melee through feat swaps and slight changes w/ stat distribution and tomes

Good in support, decent stealth (though on my link its not yet updated since I am busy gathering data) and overall a nice raid addition to the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoJ View Post
    I've never spent more than 5 minutes in a character generator. But I've spent countless hours talking about myself, and how great I am.

The Most Gimpiest Bard Build Ever!
    Before you start a bard, please read:
    Diva's Bard Love Guide / Genghis Khan by LeslieWestGuitarGod / Rabidly Halfling by Madmatt70

If your an elf you can go str +5 from str level ups and +5 dex from elf and ranger enhancements think you end up with 30/30 or more str and dex with the +2 str from rams might, also theres another build being discused right now the AA exploiter, you should have a look, hes looking to being a very good archer as well as very good melee best of both worlds really.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DustTheWind View Post
    I do believe barbs get enhanced crit multiplier but only while raging.
    Frenzied Berserker II (barb 12) adds +1 to your crit multiplier while raged, but only on a natural 19 or 20; FB III (barb 18) adds another +1. So a "bowbarian" FB III would have x5 crits with longbows while Raged. Good luck fitting in all the feats you need to be a good AA & FB, though...

You might want to check this out

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=302087

Community Member

Talking Happy to rebuild, hoping to just repair

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Hey do you absulotely have to stay pure ranger? You could gain a lot by adding levels of monk, rogue and fighter here, maybe even barberian, all depends on your play stlye and how you want your charactor to be. You could take the fighter kensai 1? to increase your bow dps even more. Um monk can add more ac, and a few so you can melee better, rogue umd, sneak attack. Barberian more str for more damage, fast movement. Its all up to you.
    Hi, I’m basically a noob even though I started playing in 2010...anyway, this is obviously a great idea. I am wondering if I can still benefit from taking lvls of rogue with my lv5 elf ranger. I never thought of splashing / multi classing until I started playing again recently. My slight wimper is that I already bought more storage slots and stuff for this character, and I also wonder if any of that is transferable to a new build. I started another as rogue, but I’ll have rebuy lots of stuff now maybe. I tend toward Ranger TWF and decent ranged stuff.
    Thank you in advance

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

First off, congrats on rolling a natural 20 on your Cast:Thread Necro.

Second, the go-to thread for rogue-splashed ranger build is Tempest Trapmonkey. The most recent build is this post, but it can work for any race and it can go DEX-based with scimitars instead of STR-based. An archer variant is also possible.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Default Thank you Unbongwa

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    First off, congrats on rolling a natural 20 on your Cast:Thread Necro.

Second, the go-to thread for rogue-splashed ranger build is Tempest Trapmonkey. The most recent build is this post, but it can work for any race and it can go DEX-based with scimitars instead of STR-based. An archer variant is also possible.
    Thank you Unbongwa, and thanks to all who contributed on this thread regarding AA options

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12