Thread: Sundering Ooze

Default Sundering Ooze

I have played a lot with the earth elemental. In my experience the earth elemental is better than most hirelings. He is very tough, you rarely need to summon more than two/rest. Though I have extra clickies, I hardly use them. If he dies, you don't loose XP. The ele also draws quite a bit of agro, allowing me to follow him into a room and get sneak attacks on all the mobs. If he lands an earthgrab, auto-crit bonus. He often spots a mob before I do; by watching him attack I get an idea of developing threats. I find the ele wonderful for soloing and useful in many groups. Best thing I ever crafted IMO. But now that you can only summon one ele at a time, I am wondering if the ooze could play a similar role as aggro/damage sink. So I have some questions:

If you have sundering ooze on a weapon or item, can it summon more than one ooze at a time? If you get a second proc does the existing ooze dissappear like the earth elemental?

Any idea the chance to summon per hit? Incoming and outgoing?

How tough is the ooze? Do they last long enough to serve as damage blockers?

How much aggro does the ooze draw? Is it aggressive like the ele?

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

You can have multiple oozes. They don't follow you very far though (they stay in the room the spawned into).
    On a weapon it's supposed to be a chance each time you hit (on an item, it's when you are hit).
    Oozes deal little damage but they can take a few hits and distract aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    You can have multiple oozes. They don't follow you very far though (they stay in the room the spawned into).
    I thought they fixed that.

On a weapon it's supposed to be a chance each time you hit (on an item, it's when you are hit).
    Oozes deal little damage but they can take a few hits and distract aggro.
    You don't get to summon oozes also, your clicky is cloudkill, OP.

The ooze sundering effect on AC does stack with others, however.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

I'd have to check if oozes follow now. I tend to only use them in raid boss fights that occur in a single room, so I wouldn't have noticed if it was changed...

Community Member

pretty sure oozes have followed for a long time.

And they do act just like your ele as you described it (they agro and are agressive).

They are quite resiliant (i've seen one take out an skele in the subterenne before).

But on the other hand, they are EXTREMELY slow...trying to follow one through a quest would certainly test your patience...

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm still wondering what the chance per hit is.

I mostly see people playing this on a bow and get an ooze or two. I wonder if you had a khopesh, could you get a whole army of ooze?

Does the ooze teleport to you if you get too far away as the earth ele would?

Community Member

I have ooze guard on my DT as a monk to help with epic to-hit. I have never seen an ooze teleport to me, though it will follow you around the dungeon as others said.

Also, the ooze can split! It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it duplicate itself before.

Quote Originally Posted by Djeserit View Post
    I'm still wondering what the chance per hit is.
    1% seems the general consensus and to fit with my observations.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...