Community Member

Default Wait.. there's crafting?

Okay so I'm new here but.. there's a crafting system on the game?

(Pst, Devs, this is not a good thing to see a new player leave chargen and never see a hint at the crafting system on the game. Call it a suggestion.)

How's it work? Where's it work? If I didn't see this board, I'd have never known it existed.

Enjoy the wonderful new frontier of crafting: http://ddowiki.com/page/Crafting
    If world peace existed, I'd be playing Farmville right now

Ozzy Osbourne ALWAYS gets vorpals against bats!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallgren View Post
    Pst, Devs, this is not a good thing to see a new player leave chargen and never see a hint at the crafting system on the game. Call it a suggestion.
    Backwards. To mention it in character generation would be highly misleading, as it would give new players the false impression that crafting is relevant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallgren View Post
    Okay so I'm new here but.. there's a crafting system on the game?

(Pst, Devs, this is not a good thing to see a new player leave chargen and never see a hint at the crafting system on the game. Call it a suggestion.)

How's it work? Where's it work? If I didn't see this board, I'd have never known it existed.
    Rogues can build traps from the parts they collect from disarming them.

The Vale of Twilight Pack has crafting of Green Steel weapons and items through gathering ingredients in the slayer area, quests, and the raid (The Shroud)

In Gianthold you can craft Dragon Scale Armor

Dragon Touch Armor from Revers Refuge and the SoS raid

Some Raid loot is upgradeable through Epic Crafting

And there are small Stone of Change rituals throughout the game that do minor additions to your current weapons, armor, and items.

see:

Crafting Here
    Member of Upper Caves of Anthia on Ghallanda.
    Calamas: Racial Completionist in progress, Millitis: Bladforged Pally
    Blitzzen: Air Savant Sorc
    Ariethil: Falcon Striker Monk

Community Member

crafting is not of any relevance for a new player.

unlike in games like lotro, the crafting in ddo is more or less limited to a certain area. you actually can/have to use some crafted items to be effective/useful in, what new guys call, endgame.

the craftet items are usually way more potent than the stuff you can find around that level or anywhere in game. you don't have to do 100's of useless recipes to be able to craft the one useful item you job offers...

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrowell View Post
    Rogues can build traps from the parts they collect from disarming them.

The Vale of Twilight Pack has crafting of Green Steel weapons and items through gathering ingredients in the slayer area, quests, and the raid (The Shroud)

In Gianthold you can craft Dragon Scale Armor

Dragon Touch Armor from Revers Refuge and the SoS raid

Some Raid loot is upgradeable through Epic Crafting

And there are small Stone of Change rituals throughout the game that do minor additions to your current weapons, armor, and items.

see:

Crafting Here
    sry, i disagree with some of your list

gianthold and reaver refuge is no real crafting. the first mentioned is just handing in a set number of items and choose from a list. the latter one is just a random armor generator (up to now).

the only real item crafting ingame is the greensteel crafting and upgrading as there are real recipes with different ingredients...
    Last edited by blitzschlag; 10-07-2010 at 03:17 AM.
    Thelanis - Inferus Sus
    Keeper Refugee - Exclusively playing Warforged
    Nursing IsFutile (FvS) - Unorthodox Behaviour (Kensai) - Bigbofo (Warchanter) - Nukelear Blast (Sorc) - Jurugu Fleshbane (currently TRing) - Reviving IsCheaper (Radiant Blaster)