Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

What makes ME butt-hurt is that perusing the LFM's has gotten so depressing lately. Scrolling down the list looks like this:

I HATE YOU ALL PLS DIE IRL.

MyDDO IS WATCHING. KNOW THE QUEST OR ELSE!

I WILL BAN YOU, YOUR GUILD, AND EVERYONE OF THE SAME CLASS AS YOU! AND THEN I WILL SHOOT YOUR DOG!

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SOLVE A 5x5 IN YOUR HEAD PLEASE KILL YOURSELF. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE 17 GREENSTEEL TIER 3's YOU NEED NOT APPLY.

EVERY TIME SOMEBODY ROLLS A RANGER, GOD KILLS A KITTEN.

THAT GUY WHO DECLINED ME FOR A SHROUD RUN IS A JERK, AND I'LL PROVE IT BY PUTTING MY OWN SHROUD LFM UP AT THE SAME TIME HE IS TRYING TO FILL.

After scrolling past about 40 of these, I have lost hope for our species, and decide it's easier to just go solo something. I understand the frustration, I really do. But the cure for these imbeciles is worse than the disease itself.

And, even more depressingly, every time I find a particularly hateful and caustic LFM message, somehow, a particular, heroically-inept Player Character whose career I have been following seems to already have been accepted.

You'd think an 18 Rog / 2 Ranger with 200 hitpoints and a triple-negative Greensteel Throwing Axe who fights sword-and-board style would get noticed a bit quicker.

Thank you Wizzly...and you other elitist....for reminding me that clicking "decline" immediately on a PUG request just because:

1. Someone doesn't know how to read an LFM

2. I purposely left their class off the LFM for a reason yet they join anyways.
    2b. I leave the Cleric icon up and a person with 2 levels of Cleric ask to join

3. The person is annoying

4. Not within the request level range

....is perfectly ok and not my problem if their feelings get hurt.

My life on DDO is now much easier and I breathe better now knowing that

*ding* (request to join)
    *ding* (decline)
    *ding* /ragetell
    /squelch

Is a quick and easy combination to happiness and successful gaming.

Thank you for all that you do from all of us "Elitist in training"
    May we all share in your infinite wisdom and guidance.
    Last edited by JDCrowell; 10-07-2010 at 03:38 AM.
    Member of Upper Caves of Anthia on Ghallanda.
    Calamas: Racial Completionist in progress, Millitis: Bladforged Pally
    Blitzzen: Air Savant Sorc
    Ariethil: Falcon Striker Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Entelech View Post
    What makes ME butt-hurt is that perusing the LFM's has gotten so depressing lately. Scrolling down the list looks like this:

I WILL BAN YOU, YOUR GUILD, AND EVERYONE OF THE SAME CLASS AS YOU! AND THEN I WILL SHOOT YOUR DOG!

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SOLVE A 5x5 IN YOUR HEAD PLEASE KILL YOURSELF. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE 17 GREENSTEEL TIER 3's YOU NEED NOT APPLY.

THAT GUY WHO DECLINED ME FOR A SHROUD RUN IS A JERK, AND I'LL PROVE IT BY PUTTING MY OWN SHROUD LFM UP AT THE SAME TIME HE IS TRYING TO FILL.

After scrolling past about 40 of these, I have lost hope for our species, and decide it's easier to just go solo something. I understand the frustration, I really do. But the cure for these imbeciles is worse than the disease itself.
    this can't be healthy mate. i'd say you just calm down and let ppl do what ppl do. what do you care if there are stupid lfm's? join those that are not stupid, do your own or do shortmanned guildruns only....
    Thelanis - Inferus Sus
    Keeper Refugee - Exclusively playing Warforged
    Nursing IsFutile (FvS) - Unorthodox Behaviour (Kensai) - Bigbofo (Warchanter) - Nukelear Blast (Sorc) - Jurugu Fleshbane (currently TRing) - Reviving IsCheaper (Radiant Blaster)

Quote Originally Posted by ToKu View Post
    I wish the LFM filter could be changed so you could only see LFM's for quests you actually have access to. This would eliminate ALOT of people joining groups only to find out they cant get in.
    actually, there is a huge "buy now" button if you don't own the quest. though that requires (and a filter wouldn't change that), that the leader actually selected a quest and didn't just write "delra"

Other characters on Thelanis: Siwani, Linuya
    Old characters on Devourer: Alairna, Siwani and many lowbies

Quote Originally Posted by Entelech View Post

+1 for making me laugh I totally know where your coming from I only use the LFM for raiding lately.

Community Member

I don't normally indulge in LFM stories but last night I had a bloke apply that made chuckle. LFM was "ADQ, at 2nd queen, join to grab completion". A sorc joined and immediately went "brb", followed by "afk rolling a joint" while he was still in Zawabi's and 4 others were either in or almost in the quest. After being informed that the group might not be keen on waiting for him to prepare his well deserved treat, he ragequit.

Now I feel all fussy for not even letting a pothead roll up a spliff before setting off for the quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

+1

Those who read all of the info in the group advertisement before asking to join are the team players that the group wants.

(It also saves a lot of personal embarrassment for a player if he or she follows this advice as well.)

After TRing a few toons myself, I hear you brother about the LFM issue. I really do.

unfortunately, if they can't read an LFM before clicking it, I doubt they would bother reading the forums. But, I certainly understand behind frustrated enough to post about it.

This is one of the reasons why I really wanted to create my own channel, which although is still fairly small, I have really enjoyed being able to post 'hey I'm farming desert anyone 11-13 wanna join?' and fully expecting (and getting) competent players to join and be self sufficient.

turbine kind of screwed the TR grind in this sense, but I know that's not your point. +1 for a legitimate post.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Now I feel all fussy for not even letting a pothead roll up a spliff before setting off for the quest.

Well it depends really, would you prefer he found the quest and then finished and then he smoked, or would you prefer he smoked first, while you waited, and then forgot where he left his computer but it didn't matter because some squirrels on TV were telling him to mind the black crushing cloud of despair eclipsing the sun as he wastes away in a pile of his own youth......
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Before i learnt my lesson, i was a pretty generous guy. Random Encounter, with a double TR,2 TRs, and me in group, healer joins and following ensues... (All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.)

LFM says "know the way to quest,byoh, flag/max xp"

(Me): You know the way to quest? we at CoF final fight
    (X): yep

(Me): ETA?
    (X): 1 min, just checking bloodstone spots..
    (X): ****.. no bs
    (Me): get your butt in here or we won't wait..

(X): i'm in
    (Me): stay at the start and dont move an inch, killing boss now.
    (X): k

*DING*
    (What happened next is up to the readers' imagination, though not much needed)

Guess what.. xp farming runs since then i never ever let in suspicious pugs again. lesson learnt, end of story. sorry to the noobs i squelched and those who are so bad they gave me a bad impression on their guilds as well
    We need pikachus in DDO

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I don't think that word means what you think it means, El Guapo
    Princess Bride Quotes always get +1

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzly_Bear View Post
    Dea anonyomus neg repper,

you can suck my bg fat hairy toe! the pos rep i unepectedly got from this outweighted your neg so a big fat and to you
    +1 to counter anon neg. And to avoid any possibilty of ever coming in contact of said big fat hairy toe. I had to stop eating over that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
    Soulstones are pretty and some people won't believe the usual piking excuses......sometimes I have to drown in a puddle to get a free ride
    Been there done that.
    Proud member of DWAT - Xorian forged, quenched in the blood of butterflies
    Arnn, Duana, Gultyrr, Mahd Bardigan, Ahliriana, Arnnette, Conch Fritter, Jwuana, Thayla, Margaritte da Ville
    God is good, beer is great and women are crazy.

/reminiscing

Default Omg

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzly_Bear View Post
    /reminiscing
    ROFLFAO!!!

TY for bringing this back to the surface.

And not nice for posting this because of all the things I've done to cost you xp and grief.

MINISTRY

Talking

OP, not from your server, but a great read anyway and certainly applies to all servers. Also, +1 for necroing your own thread! :P
    Main: Castagir (completionist), officer of the Fighting Clowns of Sarlona. Alts: Modric, Modrich, Kristna and others.

Community Manager

Please do not necro threads, thanks.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345