Default Soloing against demon queen and Zawabi's Revenge?

To date I have not grouped or attempted any raids and wanted to get a sense of the feasability of trying to solo the above quests before wasting my time with it. Lvl 13 cleric/lvl 1 fighter with max Wis as well as RS enhancements and could grab a gold seal hirling to make my own mini group. I am flagged for the pre-raid and did not have trouble with any of the pre-quests. Am I being an indiot by not taking a little time and finding a group? since I have never played with a group, the few times I have expressed interest in joining and divulged that I have not grouped before, I have been denied .

Community Member

No hirelings in raids. No dungeon scaling in raids. Raid is also 1 notch or more higher when it comes to difficulty compared to regular quests.

Can you solo, really solo, no pets, part 1 of Against the Demon Queen on Hard/Elite?

Not all can solo raids. Raids are no very soloable anyway. But those that do, didn't do it on the first run. I'm 100% sure all did specific raid many, many times in a group.

Well, if you're flaged for part 2 (true raid) just jump in and try it.

At level 14, the actual raid (Zawabi's Revenge) is hard enough with a full party - barring an insanely high AC (60 - 70) or an insanely high DR (25+) you don't want to enter melee against the Demon Queen at all. There's also the gnolls and efreet that she likes to hang out with, blade barriers and stuff...

I would strongly suggest that you not attempt to solo this raid at level, especially not without having done it many times before. However, if you post an lfm for the raid you can usually find a group, especially if you can coordinate two parties to do the pre-raid at the same time.

Proud officer of Crate and Barrel Smashing, LLC

Agree with the others... learn the quest in a group before attempting to solo it. THen when you have it figured out, give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
    But you underestimate my ability to be horribly underpowered for long periods of time for the sake of an emotional attachment to an idea.
    Minstral of Mayhem
    Aces over Kings

Generally, running the DQ2 raid is a job requiring 4-6 solid people (norm to elite) or 8-10 (epic) and the rest can pike.

It can be soloed, but it's very difficult. By all means try it - you'll be tripped and killed by Lailat, or just worn down by her pet archers, but you'll get some feeling for what to expect in there.

Most people that run it below epic, however, are happy to take first timers.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Default I think I will try and find a group based on this feedback

Thank you all for your time in replying.

Swimms

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    Thank you all for your time in replying.
    It's not really "hard" for a Cleric to solo both... it just takes a long time. You get a ranged weapon that can damage Laliat (+5 Holy Longbow of Pure Good with 1000s of Cold Iron arrows) and then just keep far away from her and shoot. She doesn't do much damage at a distance, so you win eventually.

All sorts of character types have soloed the raid's normal mode with that method. It's just a question if the player feels like keeping it up for the time required (10+ minutes)

Community Member

On normal it is quite possible to solo at lvl. It may require some liberal usage of heal scrolls so you can keep sp for BB and possibly a few SP pots as well. On hard and elite (especially elite) i wouldn't recommended trying to solo at lvl as she hits much much harder and the inability to slow her down with exhaust is going to mean you will get overrun. Personally on a lvl 20 pretty well geared out FvS i'd be lucky to solo elite without dying at least once from overrun especially in the latter parts of the raid.
    Roldon - L16 Whirling tempest of gimp.. now TR3'd for extra super double gimp : Lauralis - L22 FvS: Roldocron - L20 ArchFail : Roldobot - L20 LotB FvS: Roldyn - L21 Rogbarian, i can has disable.. after i find trap with face... : Roldyne - L20 Bardouge, i can has disable... after someone else finds trap with face... Proud gimp of BeiberLu.. i mean Wanderlust

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    It's not really "hard" for a Cleric to solo both... it just takes a long time. You get a ranged weapon that can damage Laliat (+5 Holy Longbow of Pure Good with 1000s of Cold Iron arrows) and then just keep far away from her and shoot. She doesn't do much damage at a distance, so you win eventually.

All sorts of character types have soloed the raid's normal mode with that method. It's just a question if the player feels like keeping it up for the time required (10+ minutes)
    It also requires that you don't make any mistakes that get you killed.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    It also requires that you don't make any mistakes that get you killed.
    eh heh heh...
    /hangs head in shame.. done that many a time when building up completions for my torc..
    Roldon - L16 Whirling tempest of gimp.. now TR3'd for extra super double gimp : Lauralis - L22 FvS: Roldocron - L20 ArchFail : Roldobot - L20 LotB FvS: Roldyn - L21 Rogbarian, i can has disable.. after i find trap with face... : Roldyne - L20 Bardouge, i can has disable... after someone else finds trap with face... Proud gimp of BeiberLu.. i mean Wanderlust

give it a shot, nothing to loose but time and repair costs.

Kite her through BBs while shooting her with arrows. Or just shoot and save your sps for heals.

But yeah, some good (ie holy, holy burst, flametouched iron, or pure good) bow, with cold iron arrows, some decent striders, and some care with keeping your distance should get you there.

Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    To date I have not grouped or attempted any raids and wanted to get a sense of the feasability of trying to solo the above quests before wasting my time with it. Lvl 13 cleric/lvl 1 fighter with max Wis as well as RS enhancements and could grab a gold seal hirling to make my own mini group. I am flagged for the pre-raid and did not have trouble with any of the pre-quests. Am I being an indiot by not taking a little time and finding a group? since I have never played with a group, the few times I have expressed interest in joining and divulged that I have not grouped before, I have been denied .
    You can solo the Demon Queen but you really need to be a very tanky build that has the ability to dot her up or deal damage in some other way. Evasion types will have a better time but few will survive her onslaught if they are able to absorb or mitigate the damage. I solo'd her with a ranger monk and a enlightened spirit warlock. The later of which was on hardcore at level 15 or 16, can't remember now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
    You can solo the Demon Queen but you really need to be a very tanky build that has the ability to dot her up or deal damage in some other way. Evasion types will have a better time but few will survive her onslaught if they are able to absorb or mitigate the damage. I solo'd her with a ranger monk and a enlightened spirit warlock. The later of which was on hardcore at level 15 or 16, can't remember now.
    Not sure that build was available 11 years ago :-) It was certainly a lot more challenging back then.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post

What a beautiful necro.

Community Member

I soloed DQ many years ago at level +1, 20 times to get the Torque and never having it dropped. What did I play? Axel's Battle Cleric. Super tanky, and I just used Divine Punishment over and over and over to defeat the Queen. If you die to one attack you are probably toast, but if you have self healing it's a pretty easy quest to solo. Range is necessary though, better with a bow or something faster than Divine Punishment

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Default Go out and heal the sick, raise the dead, cast out demons and preach the kingdom

Just have to keep this necro going, what a great quest and raid. As with above poster, ran it to ransack (mostly solo, sometimes with friends) so many times for the torc. Now with the ability to upgrade the items to epic and legendary (and the fact you only have to flag once per life now) makes this raid still viable and relevant - the Gem of Many Facets is great at ML20 for the set bonuses, if you have the patience to re-roll till you get what you want...