Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default First lvl 70 Guild

Congratulations once again Over Raided! At approximately 4:57pm CST (GMT-6), Over Raided has become the first guild ever (on any server) to achieve level 70! But this achievement is merely a continuation as they work their way to achieving all the guild firsts!

Again, congratulations OR on this magnificent achievement and keep up the good work!

/signed
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmDesolator3 View Post
    I'm pretty hardcore

What is your net rate of Guild Renown earned per day? I imagine the limit is approaching.

Anyway, you can choose to ignore the above.
    Congratulations.
    In case you didn't already notice, my posts that end with must NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, be taken seriously.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3012617

How many characters in guild do you have at one time? Do you do character dumping when people are not logged in with a general access account for inviting? I see almost no active members in guild..
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Impresive, most impressive.

Accolades to you guys!

I know my guild seems to be inching along slooooowly (we're in the low 50s atm). If you don't mind sharing, whats your rate of decay? Also, did you guys implement any new policy to boot inactive players/give players less "grace period" before being considered inactive?
    700+ HP? 90+ AC? TWF DPS and Hate?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=326756

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    How many characters in guild do you have at one time? Do you do character dumping when people are not logged in with a general access account for inviting? I see almost no active members in guild..
    That would be considered an exploit, so no.

Community Member ChildrenofBodom's Avatar

Pretty sure that's because he purposefully put it into paint and painted over all the guild names.
    ARGONNESSON
    Ascent
    Quote Originally Posted by Handee
    You are the king of Delayed Blast Fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by unscythe View Post
    That would be considered an exploit, so no.
    I do not see how that would be an exploit to be honest, but rather it would seem to be smart play. My guild is somewhat gung ho about renown, but if we were as into it as you all appear to be we would probably consider/do it.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

gratz i saw the world broadcast

i kept thinking my monk was uncentered with that "!" there

you arn't verry big right ? i don't think i ever seen any of your guild
    Virt II makes elujin smile !

Time Bandit

Do you mean you miss the daily shrouds VoN ToD etc. that OR runs? Or are you trying to insinuate something?

Quote Originally Posted by Srozbun View Post
    I know my guild seems to be inching along slooooowly (we're in the low 50s atm). If you don't mind sharing, whats your rate of decay? Also, did you guys implement any new policy to boot inactive players/give players less "grace period" before being considered inactive?
    The renown decay is currently still conforming to the formula I posted here.

There's no particular set policy as to how long people are inactive before they get booted, however, naturally generally we want people to be active. Maybe...several weeks? Recently we did start an email list of the players so that if they drop off the face of the Earth and don't log in there's still a way to get in touch with them. Otherwise, no set policy on inactives. Unlike large guilds, we don't bother purging the rolls on a daily basis (i.e. after being inactive for X days) since everyone knows who everyone else is, so generally speaking we know what's going on with each player.

Time Bandit

I do not see how that would be an exploit to be honest, but rather it would seem to be smart play. My guild is somewhat gung ho about renown, but if we were as into it as you all appear to be we would probably consider/do it.
    Having a shared "general access" account would be an exploit, since the owner of the account is not supposed to share passwords. Not to mention it would raise a billion red flags at Turbine if an account continually logged in from diverse geographical locations. Expelling members when they logged out to get a bigger small guild renown bonus for the remaining (logged in) members would also be an exploit, since it's taking advantage of the game mechanic (presumably, the small guild renown bonus is supposed to be based on the total number of active accounts in the guild, not number of active accounts in the guild who are currently logged in). In fact I lobbied a while back for Turbine to change the system to also count the number of accounts which recently left specifically so that it would be hardcoded for guilds to not try to mess with this type of hanky-panky, and it looks like this change will be in for Update 7. Certainly I would have a lot of angry guildies if OR relied on this mechanic in any way, shape, or form.

It's not really about being gung-ho for renown, it's about being active and the end-game, which is ultimately what renown measures. Over Raided simply does a lot of end-game activities for a guild proportional to the number of accounts. For example, if Over Raided does a daily Shroud, then it means that for a large 200-account guild to match its level of activity, the large guild would be running 10 daily Shrouds.

What Over-Raided has going for them is that they are an exclusive guild, therefore small.

By being small, they get a small guild bonus, they do nothing but Epics/Elite when they are raiding.

They are also a very active guild of hard-core gamers, and are online nearly every day, and some of them for many hours at a time.

It's that simple.

They don't have to worry about what are sometimes considered "weaker" players slowing them down.

They don't have to run normal/hard raids because of having players or builds in their guild that can't handle Elite due to lack of gear, hit points, weaponry, or personal player skill...

If I'm not mistaken, you must also meet at online-time requirement to stay in Over-Raided, or else they will remove you from guild. (This is just what I was told from people that have been kicked from Over-Raided, so take it for what it's worth, could just be a scorned player.)

That is how Over-Raided is built.
    Dynacel (30 Paladin Vanguard), Eminence (30 Druid Caster), Nymari (20 Deepwood Sniper) Soulfusion (18/2 Artificer Monk)

Leader of Intel Rq'd

its 6+ hours a day 4 days a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero
    "That's cause you're a noob..."

Time Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by AyumiAmakusa View Post
    What is your net rate of Guild Renown earned per day? I imagine the limit is approaching.
    It's in the region of 150k-200k per day depending on how players are feeling, the alignment of the stars, etc. OR will slow down appreciably as we approach level 100, but it'll likely still be in the region of 50-100k a day close to level 100, so there's not really a limit (well, in theory, the equilibrium level is at around level 110-111, where the level multiplier for decay would be over 5000). On average each account gains over 4000 renown per day even before the small guild renown bonus is applied.

Quote Originally Posted by stormarcher View Post
    Haha I find that funny when it's provably false since what Over Raided is looking for is put out there for everyone to see:

http://my.ddo.com/guild-orien-over_raided/

I think the majority of the guild don't meet that "requirement". Certainly some obsessive people do though.

Quote Originally Posted by stormarcher View Post
    don't knock OR bud... they do what they do. thats a ridiculous requirement and bluntly i've never seen anything with that requirement and know for a fact that they don't require that.

congratulations bril/ua/aikou/buffy/drunkin/the rest of ya! i know it took a lot of work and i wish ya luck on reaching 80, 90, or even 100 soon!

kil signin out.
    orien too lazy to update chars
    Quote Originally Posted by porq
    tells you, 'is it so hard to type kila[a-f]?'
    yes yes it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Quote Originally Posted by weewoo0 View Post
    don't knock OR bud... they do what they do. thats a ridiculous requirement and bluntly i've never seen anything with that requirement and know for a fact that they don't require that.

congratulations bril/ua/aikou/buffy/drunkin/the rest of ya! i know it took a lot of work and i wish ya luck on reaching 80, 90, or even 100 soon!

kil signin out.
    lemme link it..

not trying to crash on guild. grats on level 70 no one else has done it.

here it is straight from the leader ( i believe )

Quote Originally Posted by gazzman
    Are you finding that:

* you spend more time waiting for raid groups to form than actually running them?
    * raids on normal are boring, but you can’t find people willing to try hard or elite content?
    * even after briefing everyone on what will happen in a raid and what each players role will be, the raid ends up wiping due to under-equipped toons and players who insist on not playing as a team?

Are you the type of player who:

* is online 4+ hours per day, 4 or more days a week?
    * is willing to tackle the hardest content in the game, including epic quests and raids to get the top gear in the game?
    * wants to attack new content so you can be 1st to complete on the server, and can contribute ideas on how to expedite completion and reduce resource consumption?
    * has 2 or more lvl 20 toons, and possibly some have been run through the TR process?

Are you ready to take your DDO gaming experience to the next level? Then Over Raided (OR) may be the guild you are looking for. OR is a group of veteran players who enjoy running end game content. To that end, we:

* run all raids including Reavers, Hound, VOD, Accursed Ascension, DQ, and Shroud multiple times per week (some multiple times per day), generally on elite.
    * run top end raids (TOD elite, Von 6 epic, and DQ epic) multiple times per week, often running multiple groups when TR activity is low.
    * run groups through epic quests hunting for scrolls/seals/shards on a daily basis
    * are continually leveling up new toons and running TRs through the leveling process as quickly as possible.

Some of OR’s achievements include (claims of being first are Orien specific):

* first to complete Shroud on elite.
    * first to complete VOD on elite.
    * first to complete Ascension Chamber on normal/hard/elite.
    * first to complete TOD on normal/hard/elite.
    * first to complete VON 6 on epic.
    * first to complete DQ on epic.
    * first to create an epic item, now with multiple items including several epic SOS.

Over Raided is currently looking for top tier players to add to our ranks. If you believe your play style is a fit for OR, and your toon(s) would be able to contribute to the guild, contact Aikou or Starn in game.
    highlighted in red. so I was a little off..

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=255054

Congratz on lvl 70.

32.850.000 renown to go.

WOW grats!
    It's not important how many people I've killed, It's important how i get along with the people that are still alive.

Nicely done, guys.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast